• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP vs Conor - So Conor can be MW Champ

I think that is what the UFC is hoping for.

They are just waiting to see what happens. That is why there has been no fight set for Conor yet.

What do you think???
Is GSP is even half of what he was when he went on break, Mcgregor would not have a prayer.

Size advantage alone makes it silly

GSP too much for Conor standing... Lmao. He got lit up by the baby reached wrestler Hendricks and don't say it was "the threat of the takedown" because Hendricks can't do shit on the ground.

Do we have any better MMA math?
St Pierre outstruck Nick Diaz according to fightmetric. Conor Mcgregor didn't do that in either of his fights with Nate, plus there's that whole getting choked and tapping thing.
You never saw GSP tapping out to a Diaz.

GSP too much for Conor standing... Lmao. He got lit up by the baby reached wrestler Hendricks and don't say it was "the threat of the takedown" because Hendricks can't do shit on the ground.
Prime Hendricks was so much more dangerous than Conor would be at 170, it's not even close.

Wait so now all of a sudden Conor has the worst TDD in the division? I'm no Conor fan, but I'd say that's kind of a stretch. What are we judging this by? His one fight with Mendes?
He defended the takedown pretty well against alvarez. He also had a knee injury going into that mendes fight.

Do any of you honestly doubt that the UFC is not praying for this???

What fight would be bigger than GSP vs McGreggor???

Khabib fights Ferguson for the LW belt.

GSP doesn't have to defend the MW against a real MW.

Conor saves Nate, until that is the last/best/marketable fight left.

Conor wins the MW belt and becomes The Roy Jones Jr of MMA.
conor wouldn't fight GSP at middleweight. He's even small for welterweight. If anything they'd set up GSP vs woodley first and maybe conor would fight GSP at welterweight. Based on that first press conference with bisping months ago i got the idea GSP had plans of going for the middleweight, welterweight and lightweight titles

I think that is what the UFC is hoping for.

They are just waiting to see what happens. That is why there has been no fight set for Conor yet.

What do you think???
That would be the best bet for Conor. Win or lose he still has his 155 title fight. And win or lose that fight, he still has the nate fight. Guarantees him 3 big paydays

Wait so now all of a sudden Conor has the worst TDD in the division? I'm no Conor fan, but I'd say that's kind of a stretch. What are we judging this by? His one fight with Mendes?

I know, right?

He literally has the best TDD at LW in the UFC. In fact, he's never once been taken down at 155lbs in the UFC. These damn fools.

You need to look at a fight obejectively, Hendricks was juiced to the gills and was a big 170 lbr ,besides his wrestling is millions of years ahead of Conor, fight was close nevertheless. Conor can not KO GSP, if Hendricks who was dropping people left and right pre usada culd not do it. Once fight goes to the ground which it would it is pretty much over for Conor!

GSP's reach and effective jab would be too much for Conor standing and I don't think we even have to talk about if the fight goes the ground.
GSP would not have an edge standing. You are delusional to believe that. No doubting GSP would win but let's be real here

Same. A Sherdoger in a different thread was trying to say that Mcgregor's kicks we're non existent and all he has is his left cross.

We all want the guy to defend but lets not get carried away.

I hope George is back to work on his own legacy and is not given and does not take more money fights.

Do we have any better MMA math?
St Pierre outstruck Nick Diaz according to fightmetric. Conor Mcgregor didn't do that in either of his fights with Nate, plus there's that whole getting choked and tapping thing.
You never saw GSP tapping out to a Diaz.
We're talking about on the feet here, did he outland Nick on the feet or are you counting ground and pound? It's a styles thing, the Diaz bros couldn't stop a takedown to save their lives.

GSP would hurt Connie so bad it would be nice to watch. It would make GSP vs Penn II look like a competitive fight.

Yep, they flew GSP out to watch Conor vs Nate 1 because Conor planned to call GSP out after.
This has been said before but GSP didn't even enter the USADA testing pool yet to be eligible to fight and didn't work out renegotiating his contract with the UFC because of his sponsorship with Under Amour. Plus if Conor had won, he would have called out Lawler or resumed his hunt for the LW title because he wanted to be a 2 division champ at the time.

We're talking about on the feet here, did he outland Nick on the feet or are you counting ground and pound? It's a styles thing, the Diaz bros couldn't stop a takedown to save their lives.

I'm pretty sure he outstruck Diaz on the feet and it was by a considerable margin iirc.

He should have said worst ground game. His TDD is on point.

Once you actually get him down it's no doubt safest place to be. All of his losses took place on the ground and he's had solid TDD entire time against tiny guys so it's not a stretch to say someone who's the best at getting people the mat then keeping there for 95% of the fight will without a doubt submit Conor.

I doubt even Conor's walkaround weight is 185 pounds. People said he's lean between the camps and walks around at 180 pounds at most. The fight would be at WW. Also, people still understimate Conor's TDD. Conor's TDD is certainly not the best but it's still great. He was injured in the Mendes fight.

His problem has always been his terrible cardio. Opponents just need to survive 8.5 minutes since he's probably the most dangerous MMA fighter in that time frame. But after that point, Conor's chances greatly diminish. Anyways I don't want to comment on the outcome of GSP vs McGregor yet. We need to see how GSP turns back.

If Conor made 185 he would look chubby as hell. He would gas in 12 seconds. Would love to see Rockhold's reaction though.

Last edited:
Back