GSP... The most talented MMA practitioner to grace the sport?

well some people will say GSP was not the most talented but rather the best athlete, or the hardest worker, or the best game planner. they would probably give the most talented to guys like Penn, AS or Fedor

Wrong, he fought Arona and Kohsaka back to back.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500

Get those facts straight sonny, and stop going off tangents.

Sure GSP was later able to defend subs from one, with a little vaseline and everything, but that wasn't the point.

GSP was armbarred by a wrestler (later TKO'd by a bjj fighter) while Fedor was able to defend subs from one of the best if not the best MMA grapplers at the time, and they both had been training for nearly as long. That's talent for you right there. :icon_idea

GSP is great and very talented, but there are several facts that put Fedor above him with ease.

Cheers.

Wiki fucked it up and had it over two nights. Regardless other than that instance, which I included in my post, he didn't fight more than once a night other than one instance and had generally 2-3 months between fights.
Hardly what you were making it out to be where he was constantly fighting multiple fights in one night in a tourney.

As far as Hughes, that's "a wrestler" with 18 wins by submission. Of course he's "just a wrestler".

How come BJ couldn't sub GSP in their first fight?

GSP was always fun to watch from the beginning....He was a fighter who was very well rounded paving the way for mma......He was always fighting at the top and against the best of the best he gets slack for decisions...the guys he was fighting were guys who are never finished..

Yeah.

Doesn't make him the GOAT (although that's arguable, too), but technically in all areas, he's the best.

Wiki fucked it up and had it over two nights. Regardless other than that instance, which I included in my post, he didn't fight more than once a night other than one instance and had generally 2-3 months between fights.
Hardly what you were making it out to be where he was constantly fighting multiple fights in one night in a tourney.

As far as Hughes, that's "a wrestler" with 18 wins by submission. Of course he's "just a wrestler".

How come BJ couldn't sub GSP in their first fight?

At this point I'm aware you're getting everything out of wiki. Your refusal to accept Fedor fought a lot more often than GSP is pretty odd. But let's put it this way: remove all the Fedor fights that happenend within 1 month after another fight, and Fedor only had a proper training camp for 10 of his fights before Nog.

And be aware that 2 months between fights is still far above GSP's fight schedule before Hughes. To give you an example, he only had 2 fights in 2003 and 3 fights in 2004. Kinda silly to compare that with Fedor's schedule :icon_idea

Also, spending an entire fight defending subs from Nog inside his guard was a far far tougher test than defending subs from Hughes for 5 minutes, which GSP failed to do. That's all you need to know.

I can understand Fedor's trumping him, I will never argue anybody on Fedor's greatness, but Silva's lack of defensive or offensive wrestling has always been a rather large weakness that he made up for with slick BJJ.

Is it a huge glaring weakness? No, he made up for it and still won impressively a considerable number of times. But it was a weakness in his techniques, and I'd put GSP above him on this particular list for that reason.

GSP was an accomplished enough striker that it wasn't a weakness for him, the same can't be said for Silva's wrestling. He wasn't a bad grappler, and was only outgrappled by the best, but it's still a ***** in the armor.

And as for the Hardy submission, the only thing stopping him from snapping Hardy's arm was compassion. Hardy bit down on his mouthpiece and bared through it, but there was nothing GSP could've done better but break the shoulder.

You seem to be talking about how well rounded the fighters are not greatest MMA practitioner.

Most talented is the same as my GOAT rankings

Fedor
Anderson
GSP

If you were to ask me who the most well rounded are of them it would be

Fedor
GSP
Anderson

The Nog fight was Fedor's 14th fight.
Previous to Nog he'd beaten Herring, and Schilt.

Previous to the first Hughes fight GSP's biggest opponent was Karo or Hieron.

Bit of a difference.

What difference do you mean? Herring was thought to be the next great HW when Fedor thrashed him and Schilt is a huge and skilled K-1 fighter. I think the Herring win is a bigger win than Karo or Hieron was.

Claude is such a fucking retard. He has Fedor's genitals so far down his throat.

GSP is top 5.

I fully expect Daniel Cormier to claim #1 for a few years.

Back