GSP, MacDonald and Marquardt dilemma...

Marquardt would most likely KO rory and GSP if they were to fight. Marquardt is one hell of a fighter and not only is his striking dangerous, but his grappling is top notch as well.

GSP convinced Nate to go to WW, I have never heard either say that would not fight eachother

Nate and GSP have never said they wouldn't fight. Brazilians should take note, even though Nate is one of GSP's main training partners and is on every UFC Primetime with Georges, they'll fight each other.

Rory said he would never fight GSP, I don't recall GSP saying the same about Rory.

And why is that? Nick has arguably the best cardio in the division if not the whole UFC.

Sure he might not be able to get up off his back against Georges, but I don't think going 5 rounds will ever be a problem for Mr. Diaz

Nick does have great cardio but when is the last time he had to deal with a big wrestler on top of him, constantly dragging him down and forcing him to fight to get up? This will not be the average Diaz fight, he's gonna be under a lot of pressure from rd 1 till the very end.

I thought at one time Rory mentioned moving up in weight?

Can anyone think of examples where fighters have declined title fights because it would have been against a friend/training partner?

Alternatively, any examples where fighters fought a friend/training partner after having said they wouldn't?

Personally, I think the opportunity for title might change a fighter's mind, but I'm looking for anecdotes to support/refute that thought.

Thanks all.

Back