GSP: "It was very low-class of me to say 'I'm not impressed by your performance'"

Interesting. I always thought the UFC put him up to it.

great quote. trash talk means more coming from ppl you dont expect it from.

Imagine if Anderson Silva or Lyoto came out and said "im gonna **** this guy up" lol in perfect english too. Ppl would be hyped

short and sweet, quality over quantity. thats what makes great trash talk

the whole thing was pretty funny. so out of character and GSP looked so awkward saying it

Kinda funny that one of the most forced, awkward, harmless, and non-offensive "call outs" in UFC history is still being talked about almost 10 years later. Even funnier that GSP has legitimately apologized numerous times.

LOL! This is true. The competitive humble/didn't mean to hurt your feelings type of person gets talked about way more than the Tito/Shamrock or Tito/Chuck stuff.
Take note UFC. This is what we (or at least I) want. Let the guys be real. Don't force it.

great quote. trash talk means more coming from ppl you dont expect it from.

Imagine if Anderson Silva or Lyoto came out and said "im gonna **** this guy up" lol in perfect english too. Ppl would be hyped

short and sweet, quality over quantity. thats what makes great trash talk

lol. i just pictured Lyoto saying it, in perfect English lmao

It's one the best quotes of all time....Not even interested in class.

Love GSP for that.

It wasn't low class it was his honest opinion at the time.

All the backlash he got, that was low-class. Hence why he says this now.

Kinda funny that one of the most forced, awkward, harmless, and non-offensive "call outs" in UFC history is still being talked about almost 10 years later. Even funnier that GSP has legitimately apologized numerous times.

I get the feeling like that shit keeps GSP up at night.

He is not a low class guy, and was not a low class champ, and no one remembers him that way, not even his greatest detractors.

I get the feeling like that shit keeps GSP up at night.

He is not a low class guy, and was not a low class champ, and no one remembers him that way, not even his greatest detractors.

Yeah, he even said "You suck" in the nicest possible way ever.

Oh well, shit happens

Gsp knew better than to use foul language like that.

If Jon Jones had the personality of GSP

NOBODY would dispute his # 1 status

GSP is a true martial artist. people ask: why do you care about what JBJ does outside the cage, his fighting skills are what matters. but when you can respect someone inside and outside the cage, i think thats what differentiates a martial artist from a simple cage fighter. GSP embodies and breathes martial arts....Jones is inhaling something else lol. This is the difference between the two IMO

Sometimes it shocks me that GSP hit people for a living. At the time, it seemed pretty obvious that the UFC pressured him into that, and it was really half-assed.

GSP is the guy who Jones thinks he should be and tries to be but fails. Humble dedicated smart wise and an asskicker.

From what I remember GSP said that Dana & Co. forced him into the cage to talk shit to Hughes to drum up some drama for their fight. He shouldn't be taking the heat for this.

I believe so. It was really awkward for him and he was a young kid back then that tried to hype up his rematch with Hughes. GSP went on to mature and become one of the classiest guys (if not the classiest) in the sport of MMA and as a UFC champion.

It's even more iconic because it was spoken in a gay Canadian accent

It mighta been low-class, but at least he was being honest.

Back