GSP is the one who should start the fighters union

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is retired, he is rich.

He is good and happy and the UFC has no way to hurt him anymore. They can’t sue him, they can’t cut him or punish him in any way.

GSP talked on the joe Rogan podcast about how he butted heads with the ufc and he wishes he had stood up to them and never fought Hendricks.

Why doesn’t GSP stand up for the rights of mma fighters who are getting Beaten up and making 50k a year and then getting cut after losing 2-3 times in a row, broken in body and mind.

How many fighters has the UFC used up and threw away?

He tried. I'm pretty sure that's why his rumored child disappeared forever.

mmaaa-launch-photo-696x418.jpg

Lol, GSP used the union angle to get his deal done with the UFC and cherry pick Bisping

Lol, GSP used the union angle to get his deal done with the UFC and cherry pick Bisping

You’re saying he doesn’t care about the young athletes in the sport.

I think even dirty Showboating steroid using Anderson cares about up and coming fighters.

I think even dirty Showboating steroid using Anderson cares about up and coming fighters.
In all honesty it's not likely either guy cares much about the up and coming fighters or a fight union.

Fighters Union is an idiotic idea. Sherdog and its love affair with random suggestions of starting a union for an individual contributor sport...

<TrumpWrong1>

Big stars like him have no incentive yet it can't happen without them. Pro wrestling has always had the same problem.

Fighters Union is an idiotic idea. Sherdog and its love affair with random suggestions of starting a union for an individual contributor sport...

<TrumpWrong1>
How is it an idiotic idea?
And what does "an individual contributor sport" even mean or have to do with it? Unionizing is about labor-employer relations. It has nothing to do with sport. The fighters are a class of employees. It makes a lot of sense for them to unionize in order to level the playing field with the company during contract negotiations. By pooling their collective resources and bargaining power they would be able to negotiate a better wage (and other benefits).

How is that idiotic?

There are certainly counter points to be made but dismissing the entire idea as "idiotic" is just irresponsible.

Nothing in it for him

McGregor is the only one that could do it and that’s purely because him backing it automatically gives it mainstream attention
Most fighters hate him plus he doesn’t need to do it.
GSP is retired and only has one fight in 6 years. Him starting it doesn’t hurt the UFC at all.
In his prime maybe a different discussion

I believe he tried it before but that was to get a new deal with the UFC. Correct me if I’m wrong GSP fans

Big stars like him have no incentive yet it can't happen without them. Pro wrestling has always had the same problem.

He may not have an incentive but he would gain an untold level of respect from fighters, the fans, and the community.

To give back to the future mma fighters would take him from goat to hero.

What on earth makes you think Anderson Silva gives a crap about up and coming fighters?

Nothing in it for him

McGregor is the only one that could do it and that’s purely because him backing it automatically gives it mainstream attention
Most fighters hate him plus he doesn’t need to do it.
GSP is retired and only has one fight in 6 years. Him starting it doesn’t hurt the UFC at all.
In his prime maybe a different discussion

It won’t happen

GSP is one of the few few mma fighters who ended his career happy. Healthy, rich and physically intact without concussions.

Most guys get chewed up and spit out by this sport and have nothing to show for it.

Why wouldn’t he do it out of kindness and to gain more respect?

I would do it if I was him.

I'm a big GSP fan but he's already proven that he wouldn't be a good candidate. Maybe get someone like Randy Couture who doesn't give a fuck about butting heads with the UFC and has nothing to lose

GSP deserves a nice retirement without having to deal with the likes of Dana. Let someone else have the stress.

GSP is one of the few few mma fighters who ended his career happy. Healthy, rich and physically intact without concussions.

Most guys get chewed up and spit out by this sport and have nothing to show for it.

Why wouldn’t he do it out of kindness and to gain more respect?

I would do it if I was him.
It wouldn’t help because he’s irrelevant in the current landslide
He’s retired
The UFC would brush it off
It would take a big star to do it and there’s only one and it’s not GSP

The first was a massive fail and a new one won’t be much better

Back