GSP is almost always leading the GOAT polls.

Jon Jones is better.

Seriously if you were a fighter, who would you dread fighting more? Jones or GSP? I rest my case. There are at least two ways to beat GSP, there are NO ways to beat Jon Jones! No one has ever done it.

And don't bring up steroids because who cares about steroidz when they're probably all on something anyway? If you aren't suspicious over George as well, then I have a bridge to sell you.

GSP is only a welterweight goat not p4p, Jon is above GSP overall. Honestly the longer he continues to duck Woodley the worse it is for his legacy. If Tyron continues to defend his title or even moves up to middleweight and does well then GSP will lose his popularity and his claim to being the greatest welterweight

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but whenever the GSP GOAT discussion comes up, people always overlook or ignore the fact that UFC talent is consistently improving. People often list GSP’s resumè as their main argument, which is fine, it’s a phenomenal resumè. But how would that resumè look vs. the UFC roster today?

I 100% agree that you have to include past greats who were dominant during their time but may not be in today’s climate in GOAT discussions (Bas would be an example of this), the same goes for any sport. BUT, if you’re going to say there’s no way Woodley for example could ever be regarded higher than GSP at WW and cite GSP’s resumè as your main argument, I don’t think that’s necessarily valid.

Last edited:
Poor Fesaine...

once he found a link where Khabib was sayin´that No Rush was the UFC GOAT, and he really believed that UFC GOAT = MMA GOAT... till I dropped Khabib´s confirmation on twitter that his MMA GOAT = Fedor...

This bum is a walkin´...airball.gif

Last edited:
GSP has been the most consistant name in the GOAT conversation the longest. But I don't think there ever was a time when he was considered the GOAT by most people.

I used to think GSP was better than AS because he fought in a tougher division and that people were just hating on a conservative fighting style. I tend to enjoy tactical fighting to win on the cards and I get a bit defensive of those sorts of fighters but after he robbed Hendricks on the cards, he retired to duck the rematch and then accused Hendricks of PED use. He returned because Bisping gave him an oppurtunity to be a "champ champ" on a silver platter and did not stick around for tough matchups.

Since then I do think GSP played it safe after the Serra fight and I don't think he should be GOAT.

Jones fought in such weaker but much more popular division than GSP. As the PPV numbers have proven time and time again, most fans don't know fuck all about mma.

- Fought the best competition
- Never busted for PED's
- Good at every facet of MMA
- Classy
- Defeated everyone he fought
- 2 weight division champion

What more can you ask?

Jones fought in such weaker but much more popular division than GSP. As the PPV numbers have proven time and time again, most fans don't know fuck all about mma.

Bullshit!

LHW at the time of Jones first reign was stacked as hell!!!!!

GSP had who.?

So

Koscheck, Condit, Diaz, Shields, Hardy, Bj Penn, Alves, Hendricks, Serra

Vs

DC, Bader, Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Gus, Chael, Glover, Rampage

5 of who have been UFC champion before they faced Jones

Rumble was also suppose to face Jones as well

Last edited:
- Fought the best competition
- Never busted for PED's
- Good at every facet of MMA
- Classy
- Defeated everyone he fought
- 2 weight division champion

What more can you ask?
If he beats Khabib he will cement it

That official UFC top 200 list is so laughable i'm surprised they didn't throw CM Punk somewhere in there.

Poor Fesaine...

once he found a link where Khabib was sayin´that No Rush was the UFC GOAT, and he really believed that UFC GOAT = MMA GOAT... till I dropped Khabib´s confirmation on twitter that his MMA GOAT = Fedor...

This bum is a walkin´...View attachment 505157

There is a video where GSP calls Fedor GOAT

Goat debate is subjective and I personally think Jones is the resume goat and Tj is the p4p goat.but what is objective is that GSP is almost always leading the goat polls after the Bisping fight.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/...-does-daniel-cormier-stand-in-the-goat-debate
https://www.tapology.com/rankings/top-ten-all-time-greatest-mma-and-ufc-fighters
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-goat.3663377/
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-goat-and-who-is-the-goat-of-the-peds-poll.3753251/
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-greatest-fighter-of-all-time.3756015/

While in this forum GSP has few competitors but outside of sherdog GSP get a lot more votes than every other contender.

But heres a fun fact:
Jon jones is the goat according to the official UFC ranking
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/...of-the-ufcs-200-greatest-fighters-of-all-time
its in the best interests to deflect jones constant steroid cheating. calling him goat or p4p best tries to nullify the fact he's a cheat and give some legitimacy to his achievements.
Of course, there is no legiticimicy to his achievements.
gsp holds 2 titles, so did cormier. fedor is up there but ufc newbs dont know him.
cormier is goat imo. as he has no loses. his only loss to dc should be a nc.

How in the hell is TJ the P4P Goat, he has been stopped by Dodson and beat by Cruz. Im not saying you cant be P4P with loses but how do you put TJ above Woodley, who fights in the strongest or maybe second strongest Division. The depth of LW and WW is triple to some even men divisions, Woodleys last loss 2014.

How do you put him above Cormier who is undefeated at HW and has only been beaten by maybe the most talented fighter ever, the first time on juice.

How do you put him above Jones who has tested hot but his record breaking reign he beat people also on the juice so i think its valid.

How do you put him above Khabib the man is undefeated in the strongest division of the UFC, he just has 1 defense but he is 27-0 and 11-0 in the UFC, never been challenged never been hurt or in danger.

How do you even put him infront of Nunes who has beat every big WMMA name there is in demolishing fashion.

Im not saying you cant i just would really like the reasoning or logic behind it.

ah I checked, your poll
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/...-does-daniel-cormier-stand-in-the-goat-debate

is non-relevant, it´s a biased poll:

"Let’s start with this: If you’ve tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs more than once, you’re disqualified from the Greatest of All-Time debate."

the tapology one is not a poll btw.

2/ If ya have an 'opinion', then please explain me Andre Pederneiras´, Dan Hardy´s and Ivan Flores´opinion on the subject.
it's irrelevant because you said so? what kind of logic is that?
lol tapology is not a poll... its a poll, go read their faq page about how they rank.

The truth is... we shouldnt lose time with this bum...

It is what it is.
Poor Fesaine...

This bum is a walkin´...View attachment 505157

lol you're acting like i care what khabib said. of course khabib is going to think his fellow russian is the goat,common sense.

GSP literally wins every poll and every article about mma goat has gsp or jones as number 1, don't get mad over the fact that more people think gsp is the goat.

Back