GSP is almost always leading the GOAT polls.

gsp is great. retired when he should have and didnt let dana or the fans bully him.
came back and beat bisping years later.

Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones, Khabib, others... i can see a case being made for them, but each case is different, hard comparision

Anyone who cites the UFC's rankings can be safely dismissed as not having an informed opinion about MMA.

and i always love how use the argument that pro fighters opinion matters more than the fans even though you always ignore pros opinion on mma evolution.

Is there even an argument that fans' opinion matters more than the pros?

I dunno about you... but I'd take Gordon Ramsay's opinion on pizza, or Jordan's opinion on basketball, or Slash's opinion on guitarists, over... say... yours.

<Fedor23>

Well, he is by most objective metrics.

That he has been so inactive yet continues to hold a clear advantage in the polls helps his case quite a bit. Also, the fact that Jones and Anderson are proven juicers.

Fedor is great but his record doesn't really compare.

That's because Sherdoggers have the memory of goldfish.... Fedor GOAT. I remember GSP being a human blanket for most of his career.

Also LOL Screw UFC's opinion.

Remember Fedor being used as a wack a mole by big foot Silva, getting subbed by Werdum, and KO'd by a MW, and then taking a beating from a journey men LHW, so bad that it got a decision over turned in Russia, *IN RUSSIA*.

lol you're acting like i care what khabib said. of course khabib is going to think his fellow russian is the goat,common sense.

GSP literally wins every poll and every article about mma goat has gsp or jones as number 1, don't get mad over the fact that more people think gsp is the goat.
dude...puh-lease... you´re the one who dropped that Khabib BS and his 'GOAT' in that other thread... out of nowhere...

Problem is... you´re such a goof that ya dont know the difference between UFC GOAT and MMA GOAT..

In yar face.

Kemp.gif

it's irrelevant because you said so? what kind of logic is that?
lol tapology is not a poll... its a poll, go read their faq page about how they rank.
Irrelevant coz it´s biased.

Your tapology BS has Nog below McNug,Cruz,Handy,Chuck,BJ etc... cool story bro.

In time, I asked ya TWICE to explain me Andre Pederneiras´, Dan Hardy´s and Ivan Flores´opinion on the subject.
> this is from the link ya sent us, where ya got your 'opinion' on MMA Evolution.
CAN YA do it, yes or no?

Remember Fedor being used as a wack a mole by big foot Silva, getting subbed by Werdum, and KO'd by a MW, and then taking a beating from a journey men LHW, so bad that it got a decision over turned in Russia, *IN RUSSIA*.

And GSP tapped to strikes from a LW. In the prime of his career, no less. What's your point?

GSP is only a welterweight goat not p4p, Jon is above GSP overall. Honestly the longer he continues to duck Woodley the worse it is for his legacy. If Tyron continues to defend his title or even moves up to middleweight and does well then GSP will lose his popularity and his claim to being the greatest welterweight
GSP's Legacy is cemented already. he doesn't need to prove anything it's just a matter of what he wants to do.

How can gsp be considered as a goat of the sport he ducked silva his whole career, came back against bisping then as soon as it was time for him to fight bobby knuckles he ran away again, he is a certified bitch boy!
WHERE YOU AT GEORGE!!!

He's coming back to fight Khabib now, with a 6 inch reach advantage.

GSP has been the most consistant name in the GOAT conversation the longest. But I don't think there ever was a time when he was considered the GOAT by most people.

I used to think GSP was better than AS because he fought in a tougher division and that people were just hating on a conservative fighting style. I tend to enjoy tactical fighting to win on the cards and I get a bit defensive of those sorts of fighters but after he robbed Hendricks on the cards, he retired to duck the rematch and then accused Hendricks of PED use. He returned because Bisping gave him an oppurtunity to be a "champ champ" on a silver platter and did not stick around for tough matchups.

Since then I do think GSP played it safe after the Serra fight and I don't think he should be GOAT.
xc
Your timeline is a little off though .

And GSP tapped to strikes from a LW. In the prime of his career, no less. What's your point?

His prime came after, and he avenged his loss, fedor was in his prime, 34 years old, and was KO'd from a guy who fights *2* weight classes lower, and never avenged it.

This is like GSP being KO'd by a FW. Big difference

You would never call GSP GOAT if he was KO'd by Chad Mendes, so cut the double standard bullshit

Both Jones and GSP have a killer resume, however GSP has more title defenses, won a belt in two divisions, and most importantly, never failed a drug test. He deserves to be considered GOAT until someone else surpasses him.

You posted but two rebutting sources, one of which has gsp a narrow second only to fedro ameliorateor, and the second was far before the bisping win, which is not the period ts refers to. GTFO with your smug image.

Disclaimer: not advocating for gsp as goat, cuz what in the hell does any reasonable self respecting person care about such matters

His prime came after, and he avenged his loss, fedor was in his prime, 34 years old, and was KO'd from a guy who fights *2* weight classes lower, and never avenged it.

This is like GSP being KO'd by a FW. Big difference

You would never call GSP GOAT if he was KO'd by Chad Mendes, so cut the double standard bullshit

Most people unanimously agree Fedor was past his prime at that point. You can argue GSP wasnt at his peak but he was 100% in his physical prime at the time of the Serra fight.

Hendo is an all time P4P great, he was 207 for the Fedor fight and TRT'd to the GILLS. Fedor was 223lb. Weight also means less the higher the weightclass, so your Mendes comparison is retarded. That's like saying Fedor beating Tim Sylvia is the equivalent of him beating someone 2-3 weightclasses higher. Derp.

Back