GSP - Hendricks will have to wait because the fans want to see me fight Diaz first

The fans also wanted to see you fight Anderson, George.

What gives?

I know the article is recent but that interview has to be over a week old and this topic has been discussed to death.

Aside from that, he's right. The Diaz fight is a bigger draw, I have no doubt that more people want to see it.

For the record, I too think that Kos won against Hendrix.

However, that does not change the fact the since then Hendrix defeated a top 5 opponent, and is therefore coming off of a top 5 win.

Diaz ain't.

What gives?

I believe GSP felt some ring rust in the Condit fight even if it didn't look like it as much as it does with other fighters. Taking a fight with AS is no joke, its not unreasonable to think he might want another fight before/if he takes the AS fight.

That left hand must be giving GSP nightmares.

Uh... I don't?

Hendricks is the rightful #1 Contender.

Knocking out Fitch and Kampmann > Losing to Condit and beating up Penn.

And of course the intelligent fans are aware that if both fights are to happen, Anderson/GSP has to happen first.

Intelligent fans?

So anyone that has a different interest than you is less intelligent?

haha wow good argument

There will be no Silva vs GSP, no Jones vs Silva ever! It's time to move on. GSP vs Diaz than GSP vs Hendricks and that's it for 2013!

What gives?

Right. He could fight them both together, right? What gives? Hell, throw in Hendrix while we're at it.... Right?

Intelligent fans?

So anyone that has a different interest than you is less intelligent?

haha wow good argument

No, fans who can't see the entire situation clearly and without bias are unintelligent.

If Anderson fights Bones first and manages to beat him, Anderson/GSP can never happen.

If Anderson fights GSP first, Anderson/Bones can still be made down the line win or lose.

Therefore, those of us who want to see both fights understand that that Anderson/GSP must happen first. It's really pretty simple.

No, fans who can't see the entire situation clearly and without bias are unintelligent.

If Anderson fights Bones first and manages to beat him, Anderson/GSP can never happen.

If Anderson fights GSP first, Anderson/Bones can still be made down the line win or lose.

Therefore, those of us who want to see both fights understand that that Anderson/GSP must happen first. It's really pretty simple.

What warped logic. Let me show you why..

Anderson smashes Chael at MW, Chael then goes up in weight to fight Bones for the LHW title. Not only that but they based a whole season of the reality show on it.

You just see GSP as an easy fight for Anderson so you're hoping he takes it and wins before he retires.

Let's see him fight Jones in the few fights he has left before he calls it quits.

diaz was supposed to fight gsp before he had his social anxiety attacks, so it is unfinished business. Hendricks, if he truly is the #1, will have no problem with ellenberger so they can fight next.

What warped logic. Let me show you why..

Anderson smashes Chael at MW, Chael then goes up in weight to fight Bones for the LHW title. Not only that but they based a whole season of the reality show on it.

You just see GSP as an easy fight for Anderson so you're hoping he takes it and wins before he retires.

Let's see him fight Jones in the few fights he has left before he calls it quits.

I want to see the very best fighters in the world fight each other, and I really don't see how any fan could be of a different opinion.

I want to see Anderson/GSP and Anderson/Jones regardless of the outcomes.

It seems to me that you are just projecting your insecurities as a GSP fan and/or Anderson disliker. I think GSP has a great chance to defeat Anderson. He is an amazing wrestler right? And has great sub defence right? Somehow I have gotten the impression from these forums that that combination is supposedly Anderson's Kryptonite. :redface:

So lets see it. Lets see if that's true or not.

Or is it that you don't want to see smaller fighters fighting bigger fighters, unless of course the smaller fighter happens to be Anderson?

Back