gsp fans are still the most delusional in the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson pissed hot at like 40 years old and hes still fighting guys like DC, Izzy and Connonier and not even getting blown out by dc and izzy. Anderson is not only a GOAT along with Bones and Fedor, but he is doing stuff at 45 years old that is just absurd, fighting all world champs and being competitive. he is really amazing.

I don't really care about the debate much, it's kind of nitpicking trying to claim who's best.

But I do gotta point out the irony of TS' username and him creating this thread...

So we're just ignoring the fact that Jones is a habitual drug cheat who used it to gain an advantage over his opponents?
Yes, only on sherdog would a fighter’s loss 13 years ago be worse than another fighter’s years of PED use, fights getting overturned because of PED use, belts getting stripped because of PED use and entire events getting moved to other states because of PED use. There’s much more but you know the details.
These teenagers and adults taking these stances probably were either raised by cheats (thus having no moral compass) or have issues with processing information.

enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

all of them are all time greats and former world champions

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.
nice long post bro

enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.

One word...

STEROIDS

Yes, only on sherdog would a fighter’s loss 13 years ago be worse than another fighter’s years of PED use, fights getting overturned because of PED use, belts getting stripped because of PED use and entire events getting moved to other states because of PED use. There’s much more but you know the details.
These teenagers and adults taking these stances probably were either raised by cheats (thus having no moral compass) or have issues with processing information.

The Hendricks fight was actually just under 7 years ago and is the second most recent fight on his record. Also people who say that GSP is natty will never say that they believe GSP never took steroids in his career, only that he never failed a test

Just some food for thought

Hespectfully

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

True if huge...

Made me wonder what is the average age (or emotional age) of ppl on sherdog? Why to praise fighter A you have a compulsive need to sh!t on fighter B (not you per se, just seems to be a general way to go)... Why do you have to respond to thousands of threads, if you are a troll - I understand, but if its a genuine attempt to 'defend' Jones? I think Jones is going to be ok... smoke some, drive some, win some, lose some.

I think Jones antiques make it really difficult to like him as a person, but we are lucky to witness his reign - win or lose... I thoroughly enjoyed GSP fights (especially BJ 1, Matt Hughes 1 and 2), was he more exciting before Serra 1? For sure... Still incredible fight IQ and full of charisma... Am I a fan? Nope. Why? I still prefer BJ and Fedor and no, I don't think anyone is interested why :)

Otherwise - good read... Waiting for Goku vs Superman next... :)

Color me surprised that the guy who spread fake news to demoralize Silva is virtue signalling about "moral compass" and whatnot

Lmao, predictable

GSP is the most overrated fighter on Sherdog

Tapped to strikes as a defending champion in his prime vs a LW journeyman and was sent to retirement at the young age of 32 the first time he fought someone who could wrestle, strike, and wasn’t a LW (Hendricks).

His resume is filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.

Yup, totally overrated, anyone could beat the guys he beat. Lets face it, almost everyone on Sherdog could do what he did, right?

It never gets old, just like sitting in a sports bar listening to people say how overrated Tom Brady is, and how they could win Superbowls if they had the Patriots front line in front of them.

I really wish GSP had moved up to 185 and fought Anderson. Would have answered a lot of questions and been an amazing fight to boot.

your user name is bjpenngoat.
its worse than my user name.
u dont get an opinion on delusionality

More delusional that you soft souls just cannot ... let it ... go.

Grow a pair ffs. Time to grow up.

GSP is the GOAT and I'm not even a GSP fan. It's pretty undeniable at this point.

I don't really care about the debate much, it's kind of nitpicking trying to claim who's best.

But I do gotta point out the irony of TS' username and him creating this thread...

And the timing....

257769.jpg

btw, I was just thinking about how trash BJ is in retrospect last night watching Diego fight. Man that guy was overrated in like...every era.

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

Who lost more rounds?

The guys name is "bjpenngoat", didn't read a word of that.

The Hendricks fight was actually just under 7 years ago and is the second most recent fight on his record. Also people who say that GSP is natty will never say that they believe GSP never took steroids in his career, only that he never failed a test

Just some food for thought

Hespectfully
I’m perfectly fine with the Hendricks fight being debatable. Because it was. The only close fight of GSP’s reign. Came down to one round, not a robbery but a razor thin round. Jon has like 3 now, right? But the same people accepting of those decisions will jump all over the Hendricks fight.
I personally don’t believe he took steroids. Do I know 100%? No. But he never failed a test and that is all we know.
It’s funny how Jon has had repeated PED issues and it’s perfectly acceptable but those same people seem to think their speculation of GSP is more damning than Jon’s actual results and concrete evidence towards his guilt.
More contribution to the thought potluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back