gsp fans are still the most delusional in the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to give the Andy gifs as replies to the sad “greasing” posts. But there was always an excuse or justification or “it wasn’t a lot” or “just from his face” response. Self applying grease to yourself (in multiple fights) will always be more damning than a one time unintentional transfer by an inexperienced cornerman.
One is knowingly cheating, multiple times, in multiple ways (proven PEDs abuser). And gets all these weird excuses.

Where as the other is in fight mode, listening to his coaches & really unaware what the dude with the Vaseline is doing, gets it wiped off anyway, and has zero(0, nil, nilche, nada, nothing, none) legitimate evidence for PED usage.

Yet, GSP's the one that gets bashed by the same guys giving Silva excuses... You cannot make these things up... like where is the logic?

One is knowingly cheating, multiple times, in multiple ways (proven PEDs abuser). And gets all these weird excuses.

Where as the other is in fight mode, listening to his coaches & really unaware what the dude with the Vaseline is doing, gets it wiped off anyway, and has zero(0, nil, nilche, nada, nothing, none) legitimate evidence for PED usage.

Yet, GSP's the one that gets bashed by the same guys giving Silva excuses... You cannot make these things up... like where is the logic?
“How would he not know what was going on?” Etc...
I’m a pretty competitive and intense guy and I get tunnel vision. But I can’t even begin to imagine the intense focus a world champion mma fighter must have in those 60 seconds.

I have not engaged in adversarial behavior. Why attack me because I have a different opinion than you? You come off as extremely elitist doing that. News flash, not everyone is going to agree with everything you like.

imo I've given a valid argument against Georges level of comp. Go ahead and dispute like an adult and give your opinion.

No, no you haven't.

You mean sidestepping everytimes you get in troubles? Stupid loser.
hmm.. nah. I mean 'u bein´ so intellectually limited that u cant even understand the problematic'

Last edited:
Yes they are, because some of them legitimate think GSP would beat Romero, Whittaker and Prime Silva, despite the Canadian being very averse to these fights
Did you even look at that screenshot?
At least GSP fans are taking about potential outcomes.
This guy thinks that Conor is the *real* FW, LW and MW champ.
View media item 32441

GSP doesn't have fans. He has worshipers. It's a joke.

Very interesting, this has sort of slipped past me. GSP being “Average” size in the current sea of 170lb’ers. Same for blast doubles and working from inside someone’s guard.

To GSP’s credit, I don’t see many people at 170 who mixed both punches and kicks and blast doubles with the same degree of TIMING a prime GSP had. I’d give anything to see prime GSP fight now just to get an indicator of how much the sport has advanced, which it certainly has.
You can see it in today's game. When is the last time you seen a sprawl? Or even someone complimented on their takedown defense based on their sprawl? Majority of takedowns are won or defended against the cage. Even shots don't require the knees hitting the ground.
GSP's ground and lb is based on using back/forth a can opener and frames then using elbow attack. It's something you don't see as much anymore. I wish we could have seen him against a new generation of fighters but he retired after the close Hendricks fight.

You can see it in today's game. When is the last time you seen a sprawl? Or even someone complimented on their takedown defense based on their sprawl? Majority of takedowns are won or defended against the cage. Even shots don't require the knees hitting the ground.
GSP's ground and lb is based on using back/forth a can opener and frames then using elbow attack. It's something you don't see as much anymore. I wish we could have seen him against a new generation of fighters but he retired after the close Hendricks fight.

But are takedowns against the cage common because everyone has good TDD in the open? Or is it because they are not as smooth masking blast doubles with punches and kicks?

ezgif-3-6f52fa2a5dc6.gif

But are takedowns against the cage common because everyone has good TDD in the open? Or is it because they are not as smooth masking blast doubles with punches and kicks?
It is much easier to get up with the cage. Even GSP wouldn't be a blast double fighter if he fought now. He is going to have to be a grab a single and turn away from the cage type takedown as shown in his Bisping fight. It's not just GSP that shot power doubles but it got phased out by other wrestlers. It's a high energy move with low reward. I am not saying it doesn't happen as an absolute but there are trends in this sport.

It is much easier to get up with the cage. Even GSP wouldn't be a blast double fighter if he fought now. He is going to have to be a grab a single and turn away from the cage type takedown as shown in his Bisping fight. It's not just GSP that shot power doubles but it got phased out by other wrestlers. It's a high energy move with low reward. I am not saying it doesn't happen as an absolute but there are trends in this sport.

Not to beat a dead horse, you’re right, it is easier to get up or stay up near the fence but it is helpful since often, it kills mobility and makes it generally easier to take someone down. I agree doubles are really high energy requiring a ton of muscular effort in a flash, but seriously, I can’t recall seeing a fighter with a blast double as 1) fast as GSP’s during prime years , 2) Blended and masked well behind strikes.

GSP takes guys down without telegraphing, at least, in his prime. They say his knees gave out and that’s why we don’t see much of it anymore, especially his last few fights.

Your argument is that people became better, which is certainly possible, which is why it’s interesting and that people are also bigger now at the weight.

Last edited:
At least there is one thing we can all agree on. TS is a little cry baby bitch.

<{UberTS}>

YEAH!

Blame Jon and Anderson for pissing hot and magically looking like shit performance wise right after. Doesn't help that Jon arguably lost his 2 last fights, only earning the judges scorecards because he's "the long reigning champ".

What would you say now...he did not look mortal in his first fight at HW? Also GSP got out before USADA came in (and busted all these greats), plus GSP greased in one of his fights (and who knows how many others). You can poke holes in anyones argument as to whom is the GOAT. I have nonissues with the OP (even though this is a very old thread).

I like gsp but his fanbase is the worst by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back