• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media GSP confirms that Anderson and Jones are not even GOAT candidates

Anybody who has used or anybody who has been caught? There's a huge difference between those two.
If you use a new substance unkown to science and then it becomes a ped later? Is it still cheating?

Prime... Ranked at 167 Silva vs 7-15 guy.

3154.jpg

Prime... 205 GOAT Jones vs Football guy

098e44b956e4d25623d35fd537a519d9a1d17a9a.gifv

Remind me again who won in the second gif ?

Halarious when turds like you bring this up after over a decade. Lol
To be fair - it's not the losing to Serra....especially back then when overlooking opponents and upsets just happened because of. However a guy like Serra did, single handily, change Gsp s style and attitude towards fighting. Gsp became the greatest cage wrestler but this is mma and at the end of day - a fist fight in a cage. I saw gsp just content on riding out decisions agsinst guys that he was or supposed to be so superior to.

If you put my glasses on, I dont see thee goat of mma . I just dont.

That’s a good quote more sherdoggers should read and think about. However, he’s just using their big moments as examples as times you could look at these fighters performance in awe and say they were the greatest. I don’t see this as hypocritical

He doesn't have HGH gut otherwise it wouldn't fluctuate based on his posture, dummies.
It's more likely he has anterior pelvic tilt and that picture captured when he was bloated, breathing out etc
GxOyB2t.jpg

Also the little bumps on his abs aren't proof that he injects, those are called lipomas and typically show after soft tissue trauma and are more noticeable at lower body fat. I can post pictures where Nick Diaz and others have them too.

And cherrypicking photos where he looks super buff doesn't prove anything either
3Yh6m2M.png
It’s known that that picture was just taken at a bed time. There’s videos of this training session and the one where he’s in sparring gear that prove he isn’t walking around fat. @TheSpider knows this. He’s just fine with being dishonest to try and prove his point. Even if that weren’t the case, he is comparing two pictures that are literally 10 years apart.

Gsp has to look up to see both guys,lol. I'll say it for the 166th time .gsp is one of the goats but further down the list .....like 7th, 8th or 9. The debate reminds me on how the devil convinced he doesnt exist - As sherdog makes people believe that GSP is thee goat ....hands down.

Lol - Hes not but I cant get too crazy cause he is one of the goats so his legion of fans are allowed to have that opinion.

Funny how you always try to pass your heavily biased opinion as a fact.

That’s like saying since ufc doesn’t test for alien origins there is zero proof that most of these guys aren’t UFOs.

To be fair many many guys that fought in Pride talked about steroids being common and many of the Pride guys that came to the UFC ended up popping (Crocrop, Werdum, Silva etc).

I don't really fault them. If there were no consequences, hell there are steroids that promote fast healing of training injuries for example that are banned.

The sense we got from former Pride fighters was that PED's were "encouraged" though.

For me it's simpler to take the pre-usada era as they were all on it. All the GOATs (GSP, Silva, Jones, Fedor), each of them showed tremendous strength and cardio against their opponents. The only questionable Goat for me at the time was anderson silva because he would get taken down relatively easy, but still fighters would talk about how strong he was in the clinch, and he definitely popped later which was my great awakening on the steroids.

GSP can say he's clean, and if he is, then steroids didn't matter anyways because he showed someone not on them could clear a division of steroid users with better strength and cardio than them.
Or he used them and he was on equal playing field and was just more skilled.

To be fair many many guys that fought in Pride talked about steroids being common and many of the Pride guys that came to the UFC ended up popping (Crocrop, Werdum, Silva etc).

I don't really fault them. If there were no consequences, hell there are steroids that promote fast healing of training injuries for example that are banned.

The sense we got from former Pride fighters was that PED's were "encouraged" though.
That’s a sense you can generalize.

But what’s the benchmark against it? UFC testing?

They test for dope too and every fighter talks about smoking dope and only 1% ever get busted for it.

Also let’s not forget the whole it’s ok if Jon Jones is on steroids let’s give him an exemption to cheat for the rest of life under the disguise of pulsing from years or decade ago mistakes.

And if the sanctioniong commissions don’t buy what the ufc sells them we can move the whole event to another states (as they did for Gus vs Jones 2).

Funny how you always try to pass your heavily biased opinion as a fact.
You realize your sentence makes absolutely no sense after reading my final part of post.

Layman s terms ( perfect fo' u) :

I basically said hes one of the goats so in saying that, its" reasonable" for his fans to call him thee goat ( even though I disagree).

Lmao, imagine if during the Reyes or Gus 1 fights if Bones opponents were as roided as he was. Would’ve been taking a nap. His cheating won him those close matches between roids and eyepokes
That's all you Jon haters can do is imagine lol.

The reality of his greatness has you bums shook.

Imagine if he took this sport seriously. He dominated legends without even trying.

GSP is absolutely correct. You can't consider anyone that has popped for PED's in the discussion. Where do you draw a line between natural talent and PED talent. Jones and Anderson, both popped, i believe at least 2 times.

That being said, there is no one goat - guys like GSP, Fedor, Khabib, all fit into that category - even Connor, despite the fact that i've never considered him in this category, when it comes to PPV's, marketing and promotion, he's by far the GOAT.

That’s a sense you can generalize.

But what’s the benchmark against it? UFC testing?

They test for dope too and every fighter talks about smoking dope and only 1% ever get busted for it.

Also let’s not forget the whole it’s ok if Jon Jones is on steroids let’s give him an exemption to cheat for the rest of life under the disguise of pulsing from years or decade ago mistakes.

And if the sanctioniong commissions don’t buy what the ufc sells them we can move the whole event to another states (as they did for Gus vs Jones 2).

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Guys like Anderson Silva were clean under prior testing but failed once USADA kicked in. Same with Werdum and others.

USADA testing is by no means catching everyone but its clearly far ahead of what was in place prior in the UFC and far better than what's in other organizations.

Pride had no testing overseas and when they did their events in the US even the most rudimentary drug testing had multiple failed fighters

Pride 32, Belfort, Randleman (who submitted cadaver urine...), Nastula... etc.

GSP is absolutely correct. You can't consider anyone that has popped for PED's in the discussion. Where do you draw a line between natural talent and PED talent. Jones and Anderson, both popped, i believe at least 2 times.

That being said, there is no one goat - guys like GSP, Fedor, Khabib, all fit into that category - even Connor, despite the fact that i've never considered him in this category, when it comes to PPV's, marketing and promotion, he's by far the GOAT.
Omg sherdoggers are really discussing who the goat of marketing and promotion is?? What a retarded topic.

This is the same guy who fought only one time during USADA, his entire career was during the steroid era of UFC
I'm always surprised by this argument. Wasn't USADA + UFC announced in the summer of 2015 and GSP retired in 2013?
For someone who was an anti-doping advocate, quitting 2 years before USADA, after a record breaking career and a bad beating from a suspected PED cheat.. I don't think that's particularly suspect.. GSP even pushed for a verbal agreement between him and Johnny to do extra VADA testing.

Is there anything GSP could've done to convince you he wasn't a drug cheat?
I feel like if he had stuck around til 2015-2016 and then retired he would've gotten even more shit for "retiring so shortly post-USADA"
And god forbid if he had another bad performance, then i imagine he would've got tons of shit like "Oh he lost post-USADA! How suspect. What does that say about his pre-USADA career.." ?

damned if you do damned if you don't scenario

Last edited:
Back