GSP, black belt? i thought he was purple

hamoom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He came in wearing a black belt this time as opposed to his usual purple belt. Is that a karate belt or something? Does anyone know?

Black belt in Kyokushin, purple in BJJ.

I wasn't paying close attention, but it looked brown to me. He's been training with fabio hollando for a while now, and I think he's had a purple belt for a while, so he could have been promoted to brown recently. If he was wearing a black belt, it wasn't for bjj.

I think it was brown as well, but I may be wrong.

It was a black belt in Kyokushin. Even his gi was a karate one.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
Uniform, not gi.
If I'm not mistaken most people call it "gi".. which is the martial arts uniform.

Yeah he is a black belt in karate, but I dont think hes close to getting his brown yet. He was just recently like within the past year (or so I beleive) promoted to purple, so I doubt he'd be getting his brown so quickly.

Soid said:
If I'm not mistaken most people call it "gi".. which is the martial arts uniform.
Jiu Jitsu=Gi Karate=Uniform

We cannot share the same name!

Weonlywonsixtwo said:

Bullshit. It is a Gi OR Uniform. They are interchangable.

god some people are retarded on here.

you'd think a martial art from japan would actually USE the japanese word for the martial arts outfight (gi).

people nowadays.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:

Well.. kyokushin has been very well proven, and is a very good martial art to learn.

Doesn't Gi mean uniform in Japanese?
Regardless, from what i know about GSP people here are right, Black in karate, purple in BBJ.

mrblack said:
Doesn't Gi mean uniform in Japanese?
Regardless, from what i know about GSP people here are right, Black in karate, purple in BBJ.

Cool, what is BBJ?

Gee, when I took karate for 6 or 7 years as a kid we always called them Gis.... We must have been wrong.

Only noobs use gi or uniform. Its a Kimono!

n1k said:
Only noobs use gi or uniform. Its a Kimono!
I think people don't use the word Kimono is because it's really vague. Google Kimono and you'll find a bunch of japanese dresses.

Back