Gross feet from BJJ

Im sorry but i hate wrestling shoes.. i might be shallow but it makes me laugh to see a guy in a gi with wrestling shoes on..

Get a pumice stone, and some lotion if you are concerned.

Your a Man - men are supposed to be roughed up.. who gives a shit?

I have alot of mat burn but i dont get calluses il never wear wrestling shoes

I always get mat burns on the big joint on both of my big toes from practicing shots. I don't really mind, I don't think my feet look that bad. I do have some people in our class that just have really nasty feet, and it's pretty gross.

i was rolling with a guy...

omaplata'd him and was fishing for a toe hold, then a saw his feet and started gagging!

I dont care how "manly" you are, take care of your damn feet. that shit is gross.

My feet are always fucked up. I have bruises, cuts, mat burn, and scars. I'm used to it, though.

my feet have taken the worst of my bjj training, no doubt. they look like they belong to some kind of crazy, shoe-less, crackhead.

hahaha

Funny thread. Not to sound gay but I had nice feet before I started BJJ. They are not too bad but keep on getting beat up. I guarantee most people don't scrub. them after class and just run soap over them HAHA. You've gotstu scrub them bitches. My prof. tore some kid up about his nasty feet in front of the whole class. It was hilarious. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE PAN AM RESULTS FROM TODAY?

I got these killer ankle sleeves that cover all the right spots that get ugly mat burn. I don't use them often, but they come in handy after drilling TD's all day.

Ouano makes them. I'm sure you can get them on line some where.

I don't advise over using them though. BJJ requires a certin level of funky looking feet.

Is this why guys like Chuck and Frank Trigg get pedicures and paint there toe nails?

mat burns galore, the bottom of my feet is like thicvk thick leather, I take footbaths regularly, lotion the works but I get painful heel cracks

had to use a special sock for a month because on matburn didn't heal and got infected, had to change dressing every day and put on a creme that burned like napalm

my feet hasn't changed from grappling, but i do sometimes think twice about going for a toe hold when i look at some of the foots that belong to my teammates.

I’m about to start BJJ next week and I’m super conscientious about my feet. I have psoriasis on my toe nails which has the appearance of fungus. I also have issues with the bottom of my feet being dry and calloused. The latter I have been trying to rectify with pumice stones and lotion. As for my toes, I’ve been to a podiatrist who confirmed it wasn’t fungus and I was sent to a dermatologist who took samples and confirmed it as psoriasis. I’ve had injections in my toes to try to get rid of of it but didn’t work, I’ve used a topical prescription cream to no avail and reading threads like this and others like it make me consider not joining at all. I completely understand not wanting to touch dirty feet or feet with fungus. It just sucks that fungus is what everyone jumps to immediately. Heck, I even thought that’s what it was until it was diagnosed.

Anyhow, all this is to say that I really want to do Jiu Jitsu, I’m just worried about people not wanting to roll because of my feet.

Do you guys purposely not wear sandals to hide your hideous feet because I really would wear sandals all year long if I lived in a place that would allow me to do so

My feet have calluses and a few wonky toes after fifteen years of Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, but I don't wear sandals because I don't want to look like the kind of people who wear sandals.

I went for a toe hold on a dude and when I gripped, his skin crackled like potato chips. Thankfully he tapped because I was going to to avoid a shower of flakes on my gi. Not sure I can blame his condition on BJJ though.

My feet are pretty good for a guy. I pay attention to the length of my toe nails now more than I ever did pre-BJJ (which my wife appreciates!).

I got some mat burn yesterday in an ADCC death match with a 3-stripe white belt 35 years younger than me. Kid’s a damn good athlete with cardio for days. Anyway, first mat burn in at least a year.

The toe nail on my left big toe is all discolored but that’s because I dropped a full glass bottle of Thousand Island dressing on it.

Back