Gripe I Have With Many Members of This Forum.

Town Biz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As time goes on, and seeing the topics that are popular,HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS EVEN TRAIN CONSISTENTLY? I'm really starting to think that the majority of the people on here either don't train BJJ or one of those guys that sit on the side,avoid rolling, and just gossip and/or compare Gi's the whole class.Threads about or complaining about Lloyd Irvin regularly hit 100 posts.This new rape situation has spawned multiple topics some going over 1000 posts.Complaints about Avellon's get hundreds of posts.Complaints about Lloyd Irvin's "Medal Chasers" get hundreds of posts.The thing is....NONE of these things effect you in any way. Sean Roberts just put up a technique video and it has 6 POSTS! The Copa Podio was a huge tourney with many of the most popular competitors in our sport and no PBP and few posts about it.There are NUMEROUS tourneys coming up soon and Pan Ams around the corner, why is everyone SO worried about teams and people that they have never met,never trained with, and don't even know they exist?

I'm loosely associated with TLI is why I care.

I also care because it's a big deal

Umm. Ok.

I'm not really sure why you're getting all bent out of shape over it.

I post a lot. I train a lot too (averaging about 8 hours a week now). You act like it's a zero sum game here, where people are skipping training to post on Sherdog. You know, people have time off from training....even full time trainers.

You felt the need to make an entire new thread about this?

Really?

Just because we talk about other things that aren't directly related to training 24/7 doesn't necessarily mean we don't train consistently. Stop making generalizations.

Don't make me pull out the "do you even lift bro?".

Might have something to do with decent people having moral sensibilities that they value more than a sport that most practice as a hobby. Anyway, no one's asking you to post here, and i think it's safe to say you wouldn't really be missed.

What are you talking about "no pbp for copa podio"?
There were a pbp, several hundred posts in it.

Umm. Ok.

I'm not really sure why you're getting all bent out of shape over it.

I post a lot. I train a lot too (averaging about 8 hours a week now). You act like it's a zero sum game here, where people are skipping training to post on Sherdog. You know, people have time off from training....even full time trainers.

You felt the need to make an entire new thread about this?

Really?

Im a blue belt as well.What weightclass are you? What tourneys you have coming up in soon?

Damn.. Hillary beat me to it :(

I can't say I really post much, but BJJ is a rather cerebral sport. There has to be a happy medium between talking about bjj and actual training, but if you're passionate about the sport then it's not so surprising to assert that people look to be involved in as many avenues as possible?
Realistically, a horrendous crime deserves far more attention than competition results, irrespective of who is participating.
There will be more of those.

Do you know what I would like to not hear about again?
Sh1t like what's just happened about Team LI.

So we are talking about it - why?
Because it's CRIMINAL, infuriating, sickening and incredibly tragic. The more people that talk about this THE BETTER. Bringing more awareness to the subject will only help propagate the knowledge and understanding of r4pe.

Dismissing this and not talking about this would be criminal, because that would be taking weight out from the magnitude of the crime(s).

Im a blue belt as well.What weightclass are you? What tourneys you have coming up in soon?

???

Um, ok. I'm in the 220 and under weight class (after my slight cut). I'm 38, so I usually do masters.

I can't do any tournaments right now, because I'm leaving for an Air Force training school in February and will be under military ownership for quite some time.

I'm looking at World's Seniors/Master this summer and other such tournaments when I get back.

Lol at some fucking blue belt telling me I don't train enough.

Brah, I just checked your average Posts Per Day: 2.48! You expect us to believe you can keep that up and still find time to train? I'm calling BS.

Because thanks to everything... most people still have deep implanted sense of justice, right and wrong and morals and bjj still comes second when compared to human rights and violence.

1) I never said "Balto doesn't train" enough.
2) Curious, what belt would be ok to comment on what I said?
3) I'm curious, what belt are you? Do you compete? If so, i'm curious what you've won?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back