Gripe I Have With Many Members of This Forum.

I think its gonna take awhile for all this stuff to blow over. Can't wait untill it does tho.

Well for me, I don't get much out of the technique discussion on this site. I will watch some of the videos posted but to be honest a lot of the stuff thats posted is crap or I have no desire to discuss it. I also have no desire to 'discuss' techniques with a bunch of white belts that are going to argue with me about something they have no clue about lol.

But when a huge, tragic event happens in the community, yeah - I want to discuss it. When a person who is already a hot topic no matter what get's pulled into an issue which is very real, then surprise! people have a lot to say.

Because thanks to everything... most people still have deep implanted sense of justice, right and wrong and morals and bjj still comes second when compared to human rights and violence.

Ummmm ok...

I think its gonna take awhile for all this stuff to blow over. Can't wait untill it does tho.

Hey good job in the matches that were shown.I look forward to seeing Part 2.As a BJJ competitor and fan, watching those matches were inspiring.Sad to see this negative business is far overshadowing that now.

1) I never said "Balto doesn't train" enough.
2) Curious, what belt would be ok to comment on what I said?
3) I'm curious, what belt are you? Do you compete? If so, i'm curious what you've won?

Ohhhhh shhiiitttttt

Off topic, but...

Is 8 considered a lot? I am always asked if I train a lot and never have a straight answer.

It's all relative.

8 classes a week for a 38 year old, married, father of two, lawyer, college professor that is a member of the Air Force JAG reserve is an F'ing lot for me.

And remember, that's my average. Some weeks, due to work or drill I can't make 8. Other weeks, I've done as many as 10 in order to make up for shorter weeks.

It's also quite a bit more than many train (some training twice a week or so) and more than I used to be able to train when I lived much further from my gym (I used to have to drive over an hour to get there...now it's 12 minutes).

I find that on some weeks, it's more than enough (too much even) and on other weeks, it is not enough....like I feel that I could have done more.

As time goes on, and seeing the topics that are popular,HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS EVEN TRAIN CONSISTENTLY? I'm really starting to think that the majority of the people on here either don't train BJJ or one of those guys that sit on the side,avoid rolling, and just gossip and/or compare Gi's the whole class.Threads about or complaining about Lloyd Irvin regularly hit 100 posts.This new rape situation has spawned multiple topics some going over 1000 posts.Complaints about Avellon's get hundreds of posts.Complaints about Lloyd Irvin's "Medal Chasers" get hundreds of posts.The thing is....NONE of these things effect you in any way. Sean Roberts just put up a technique video and it has 6 POSTS! The Copa Podio was a huge tourney with many of the most popular competitors in our sport and no PBP and few posts about it.There are NUMEROUS tourneys coming up soon and Pan Ams around the corner, why is everyone SO worried about teams and people that they have never met,never trained with, and don't even know they exist?

I train between 18 and 21 hours a week, every week. How often do you train? :(

3) I'm curious, what belt are you? Do you compete? If so, i'm curious what you've won?

1) You meant that
2) Anyone who has been around longer or worked harder than me (i.e. not you)
3) I'm a purple belt, yes I compete, and my medals are all from regional stuff like NAGA and US Grappling

Get off Lloyd's jock. You live in fucking California dude. You have no idea what goes on out here.

You think the cult stuff is a joke. It's not a joke. This is real serious shit that is messing with people's lives so just shut the fuck up.

1) You meant that
3) I'm a purple belt, yes I compete, and my medals are all from regional stuff like NAGA and US Grappling

Get off Lloyd's jock. You live in fucking California dude. You have no idea what goes on out here.

You think the cult stuff is a joke. It's not a joke. This is real serious shit that is messing with people's lives so just shut the fuck up.

I assumed that you were a black belt when you complained about a Blue Belt mentioning training.Curious, where do you train? You doing Pan Ams? Did you do Masters Seniors Worlds?

Did you just made a thread to complain about people that post in thread that dont talk about BJJ training?

i have not really trained BJJ for almost 4 weeks now...

... i have a minor tear in my abductor though so it'll probably be another week or two :p

1) You meant that

Cult stuff?

1. I'm sure he does
2. At least purple, new blue belts don't know shit (no offense non-trolling new blue belts)
3. I can't speak for Balto, but I'm a purple belt, I train ~10 hours a week most weeks, I've won a few regional tournaments at the blue belt level (I won Fight to Win Denver last Nov in November, all subs; I won a few Extreme Grappling Opens in Indiana and Kentucky, a few others, a bunch of regional Judo tournaments back in the day), and I still post in here pretty often on almost any topic when I'm bored at work.

If you look at the technique discussions, they usually have a lot more views that posts. A black belt posting a pass doesn't really necessitate a response, but I watch most of the vids. The BJJ community gossip stuff is the sports fan side of it, and if you're going to hate on that you might as well hate on all the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NCAA water cooler talk that goes on all the time nationwide, as well as the ESPN and the entire sports radio establishment. Fans of sports like to talk about those sports, and the teams and personalities in them. Chill out, just don't open non-technique threads if you don't like them.

Back