Greg Hardy doesn't know the rules?

Horrible fight IQ.

Also a dumb rule.

First things I thought. Hardy has to be smarter, but that rule has got to go (along with quite a few others). If MMA is supposed to be a representation of real fighting, then don't make the fighters think so much. Let them fight.

I would love if they got rid of all rules except the following:

* No eye gouging
* No biting
* No hair pulling
* No fish hooks
* No groin strikes
* No pinching / scratching

Let em brawl!

8rWSPVW.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Funniest thread in a while how partisan everyone is getting. Hardy should know the rules, plain and simple--but inebriated last night, I thought only one knee down was legal now.

Wtf was that? Alse the ref "I'm disqualifying him if he can't continue!!!" Well of course the dude won't even try to continue after hearing that lmao. That was a shit show.
I think if the GOAT Conor can slip up and forget the rules, when he kneed Khabib who was a downed opponent, then we should be able to understand that if a green horn made a similar mistake and didn't know 100% of the rules. Also the fighter had 1 knee down, which isn't that legal in some of the new places (thought I heard the announcers mention it before), even though it wasn't here?

Funniest thread in a while how partisan everyone is getting. Hardy should know the rules, plain and simple--but inebriated last night, I thought only one knee down was legal now.
Yep. I think it is legal in some places (maybe certain states/countries allow it), but I remember Joe and the guys talking about it during a fight and they were all confused and they have been in the game much longer than the rookie Hardy. Not trying to defend him but just stating how confusing some of the rules can be.

Yep. I think it is legal in some places (maybe certain states/countries allow it), but I remember Joe and the guys talking about it during a fight and they were all confused and they have been in the game much longer than the rookie Hardy. Not trying to defend him but just stating how confusing some of the rules can be.

I feel he should have gotten the rules in the locker room, and so should Joe. I love UFC, but it is some carny shit sometimes.

Not a Hardy fan because of his stupid mean-mugging before the fight.

Still, Hardy > TS.

2 year ban? he made a rookie mistake.... IMO its no difference than the JBJ DQ against Hamill

I feel he should have gotten the rules in the locker room, and so should Joe. I love UFC, but it is some carny shit sometimes.
i agree. I think all fighters should be given the most up to date rules prior to walking into the cage. We've seen the confusion by the announcers on the rules several times before, which is some carny level goof shit.

Dan Hooker said it pretty good on twitter. It didn't go the way he planned, he wanted a way out.

He probly came to the UFC thinking he could fight women.

I think the DQ was appropriate and he should be given a 2 year ban
By your logic, how long would you ban Conor McCheater? Illegal fence grab, many a times, illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent (exact same thing that your boy Greg Hardy did), and illegal grabbing of the shorts/gloves, which he did many a times. So that should be at least a 5 year ban right?

I don't remember him looking dazed and being out of it. That's not to say it isn't impossible that he received a concussion from the blow. If you're going to be a person that talks shit when you're winning I would expect that person would want to finish the fight by fighting.
I pretty clearly saw him telling the doctors he was okay. They obviously saw something that made them disagree. I swear people on here don’t pay attention when stuff like this happens. At no point did I ever see him say he did not want to continue and I’d challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

He panicked because he was tired and embarrassed, just like Anders with that dirty kick on Williams. These football pansies don't belong in the octagon.

It's also a stupid rule under any rule set. What happened to, "defend yourself at all times"?
That may be so, but it is the rules. If you could knee to the head, Crowder would have knee’d Hardy into oblivion when he had him in the crucifix and none of this would even be an issue.

I pretty clearly saw him telling the doctors he was okay. They obviously saw something that made them disagree. I swear people on here don’t pay attention when stuff like this happens. At no point did I ever see him say he did not want to continue and I’d challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
The doctors didn't make the call to stop the fight. That was on the fighter. I swear people on here don't pay attention when stuff like this happens. He laid back and showed no interest in continuing to fight. Had the fight not been stopped it's more than likely he magically would have been okay and continued fighting.

The doctors didn't make the call to stop the fight. That was on the fighter. I swear people on here don't pay attention when stuff like this happens. He laid back and showed no interest in continuing to fight. Had the fight not been stopped it's more than likely he magically would have been okay and continued fighting.
The doctors absolutely stopped the fight. Let me knew you in the temple and let’s see how fast you pop back up. Idiot.

Back