Greg Hardy doesn't know the rules?

Kimbo Hardy looked amazing. He's exactly what the UFC needs, next level athlete and a high character guy. Color me impressed.

What was the point of the "but" in your post?
Clickbait but it’s not like we got paid to post on sherdog so I don’t see the point in posting clickbait threads.

People comparing this to Hamill vs Jones, when really this is more like Hamill vs Jones if Hamill got disqualified.

Hardy was down on the cards for sure and fading fast.

Thats why, IMO, he delivered the illegal blow. He wanted a way out of the fight
No. He was turning the tide back his way a bit actually, tired but not completely spent IMO, even a nice sprawl...just a dumb heat of the moment move. Guy was on one knee on his way up to his feet, its not like Hardy fuckin headstomped him or something. it wasn't intentional I dont think. Happens pretty often, yet people seem to be acting like this is the first foul ever committed. Weird.

Hardy is a dirtbag, but lets relax a little bit. 2 year ban is absurd. Even any kind of suspension is unwarranted.

lol at a two year ban. True MMA fans consider that a win for Hardy. To hell with the unified rules, Pride rules forever.
Anime AV and stuck in the pride past...
You’re one of THOSE guys...

Pretty sure the referee goes over the rules with the fighters in their lockerroom before the fight.
Fair point, he either went full retard or it was intentional. Not defending Hardy in the slightest but I think it's the dumbest shit that you can't kick a grounded opponent but they are allowed to throw upkicks and could potentially ko you with one from their back lol.

Edit: should probably specify that you can kick or knee a grounded opponent, just not in the head, head kicks off your back to a standing opponent is 100% fine though. However you have to make sure they don't have a knee on the ground or you could get dq'd... Dumbest shit ever.

Fair point, he either went full retard or it was intentional. Not defending Hardy in the slightest but I think it's the dumbest shit that you can't kick a grounded opponent but they are allowed to throw upkicks and could potentially ko you with one from their back lol.
It's certainly a dumb rule.

However, it's still a rule, like having to test clean when USADA comes calling or to make weight for the fight, so it's the fighter's job to follow the rule.

Hell, Hardy could have pulled his opponent upwards and off their knee before throwing the knee, and it would have been legal; I remember seeing a fighter do that during a PPV and thinking it was a disqualification-worthy offense, but when I went back and watched the replay, I realized the rule didn't count because the opponent no longer counted as a downed opponent according to the letter of the rules.

I think the guy got in his head and he lost it. He didn't have situational awareness for a split second because he was in kill mode. Not excusing it at all. The other guy faked the Injury to get the win. It was disgraceful all.around. Greg hardy should not be in the ufc for many reasons, none of which have to do with his past. He doesn't strike well, he has 30 seconds of cardio and he isn't a prize fighter and what I mean by that is someone who does it for a living and understands and has situational awareness at all times. If you cannot control yourself in those moments you cannot be put in a cage and represent the ufc. He can have a great career somewhere else, but not in the ufc where the stakes are the highest.

I think the DQ was appropriate and he should be given a 2 year ban

I'm never going to like a wife beater, however that dude belongs in a second tier organization. He sucks and needs a WHOLE lot more training.

lol at a two year ban. True MMA fans consider that a win for Hardy. To hell with the unified rules, Pride rules forever.

People who consider that a win are retards.

I guess even TRUER MMA fans still live by the original UFC rules so dick punches are legit shots.

It's also a stupid rule under any rule set. What happened to, "defend yourself at all times"?

''Oh you tripped and he jumped on your neck , stomping it like he watched american history x one time too many , sorry bro you didnt defend yourself properly''

'' he bit your balls ? , sorry bro you had to defend your balls properly ''

'' the bell had rang , you were leaning on the cage , looking at the crowd waiting for your corner to get in the cage, bit exhausted , then he came behind you like that tiger asian dude in the bruce lee movie and flying kicked your god damn spine , sorry brah , defend your spine at all time ''

and this is why the defend yourself at all time rule doesnt apply to freaking fouls , cause they're not supposed to happen.

Hardy is good already... cause he is such a douche... it hurts to say it.

People who consider that a win are retards.

I guess even TRUER MMA fans still live by the original UFC rules so dick punches are legit shots.
Jones reckons he s undefeated after the vicious hellbows he gave to Matt, Oh i forgot it doesnt matter if its Jones

Salty football athlete defenders justifying the knee by saying it is a dumb rule lmao

Hardy was not looking good anyways.. He has nothing but power.

Back