Greenpeace crew in 'shock' in Russian jails

Interesting, so its actually happened.

I wonder what kind of person was doing the job (putting balls in his mouth).

I clipped this out of google books from Veil.

veil_zps137fb899.jpg

Hasn't Greenpeace ever recruited disgruntled military types? I am sure there are plenty of people in the military who love to join up with an org like Greenpeace, thinking they get to do Captain Planet Ops, and save the enviro. Its like a movie.

If Greenpeace is going to mess with certain countries, they need the right personnel.

If those guys are gonna use their combat experience for greenpeace they will become a terrorist org when they attack rigs and ships

They're used to Western standards. They also instinctively expect Western standards from Russians because they're white and the Cold War is over. But Russians are not Westerners. They're white, but not Westerners. You're essentially in a Third World country.

God damn sounds like what the Japanese did to the guy in Flags of Our Fathers.

I think the circumstances were a little different. The CIA director at the time envied the Soviets for their tactics with terrorists.

the vegan can eat the prison food (will not kill her) she just doesn't want to.
I'm sure she is eating something, otherwise she wouldn't still be alive. I'm guessing they get served some form of meat and two veg, and she just skips the meat and eats the two veg. It's not satisfying, I'm sure, but it's enough to sustain her. Subsequently, I have a vegetarian cousin who went to Russia and lost a lot of weight because of the food there. It's also the same story in jails/prisons in the US. When Mayweather was locked up in the Clark County Jail, he lost weight because he didn't get the high calorie diet he was used to. Same thing happened to my brother when he was locked up.

If those guys are gonna use their combat experience for greenpeace they will become a terrorist org when they attack rigs and ships

Maybe not combat but what about their SERE skills (survival, evasion, rescue, and escape)? I imagine that could come in handy. Or they sneak in, and just do a little sabotage. No one gets hurt, just a few machines need repair. Can they still be labeled terrorists.

No water, you die fast. You can live quite a while without food.
I doubt that 100% of the food they serve is meat, though. It's like when Mac Danzig was on TUF and Hughes brought them Buffalo wings to eat while watching the UFC. Mac just ate the French fries that were included. Not as satisfying as it was for the guys who got both, but he didn't starve.

Good job, GreenPieces ... Next stop, North Korea!

that's some mexican cartel shit

Well, you know Russia is a mafia state run by former KGB members. The Russian/Soviet government has massacred (mostly it's own) people on a far greater scale than all the cartels. It can be a totally ruthless place.

Not their values but how about their sense of adventure, and pulling off some wild and dangerous stunts? As the way the economy is, and how I keep hearing infantry types usually cannot get the most glamorous civilian jobs a lot of times. They are probably bored to death as a mall cop, or some security job.

Greenpeace needs to learn some recruiting skills.

For example, a few days ago, there was a thread about an ex-special forces guy who formed a wet works team, got arrested, and is trying to push blame off himself by stating it is the only skill he has, and he needs to earn a living some how.

no, shut up

Several non-smoking activists also complain of being placed in cells with chain-smokers.

A young Finnish female activist is a vegan and unable to eat prison food, Paikacheva said, adding that prison officials had denied her request for vitamins to be delivered to her.

How traumatizing :rolleyes:

Back