• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Green Energy Sucks

lol they're in on it because government money is propping it up, not because it's extremely proven or profitable.
People being balls deep on anything is not proof it's effective.

Daily Deal Websites were at one point going to change how people enjoy leisure lmfao.

Actually they’re going all in on it because sustainability is a megatrend which will shape the next decades, green energy is an important part of this and the money makers recognise this.

Actually they’re going all in on it because sustainability is a megatrend which will shape the next decades, green energy is an important part of this and the money makers recognise this.

no, they're banking on the chance of getting crazy govt money if biden wins.

40 x ET 250W panels and 2 x SMA 5KW inverters.

panels-jpg.793317

inverters-jpg.793318

cool, thanks. <mma4>

i'm always curious how these work out. i know there are 400W panels and etc, but most say they're not cost effective and stick to lower watts. i'm mostly curious to see how maxeon will do after the spinoff with sunpower.

no, they're banking on the chance of getting crazy govt money if biden wins.

No, you need to read that the top PE companies are writing in their assessments of the future. ESG companies, both large and small, are where it’s at for the foreseeable future.

And in any event, why does government pushing something as well mean it’s bad? They pushed a moon landing and the internet and that worked out pretty well.

No, you need to read that the top PE companies are writing in their assessments of the future. ESG companies, both large and small, are where it’s at for the foreseeable future.

And in any event, why does government pushing something as well mean it’s bad? They pushed a moon landing and the internet and that worked out pretty well.

because... of govt money backing it. this shouldn't be a difficult concept.

and why is it bad? it's not necessarily. but in this case, it kinda is. how effective/efficient/sustainable (ie: the 3 most important factors) are not being taken into account. plus, a ton of "green" energy isn't even green. for instance, bloom energy is considered both green and clean... and it's natural gas. the label of "green" is more important than actually being it.

similar to how making teslas is pretty environmentally shitty (and then how they're charged will determine how green they are, anyway [ie: charging the tesla via coal-powered plant] ), but pompous morons want to pat themselves on the back for it, so...

Sorry bud.
I am pro green, pro weed, pro internet, pro poker etc...
All are/were fads that lost shitloads of money and made some rich.

We've been having a ton of rolling power outages this year, never has it been this bad.

I cant count how many power outages I've had these few months since covid, probably a dozen by now. How the hell am I suppose to work from home when the power keeps cutting out?

We have programs here to let the electric company disable our AC, I dont even use AC and rely on fans for the sake of the community. Useless.

During this heatwave, we have terribly stagnant air, and the wind energy simply is not producing shit when we need it most. Fires arent helping with the solar production either. One of the outages fried the PC board on my fridge...... samsung fridges suck ass, fuse didnt even trip.
Green energey seems to be working fine in Germany, but climate in Germany is different and Europeans don't consume as much resources as Americans.

Another factor would be more efficient and competent use of technology in Germany. Western Euros and Japan have got high speed rail to work, but Americans can't seem on a regional level, so maybe part of the problem is the people running the green energy and utilities??

because... of govt money backing it. this shouldn't be a difficult concept.

and why is it bad? it's not necessarily. but in this case, it kinda is. how effective/efficient/sustainable (ie: the 3 most important factors) are not being taken into account. plus, a ton of "green" energy isn't even green. for instance, bloom energy is considered both green and clean... and it's natural gas. the label of "green" is more important than actually being it.

similar to how making teslas is pretty environmentally shitty (and then how they're charged will determine how green they are, anyway [ie: charging the tesla via coal-powered plant] ), but pompous morons want to pat themselves on the back for it, so...

I don’t government backing is negative at all, I’m fact I think rather the opposite. Why would you not want to put your money into a business area which is being heavily invested in by the most powerful entity in society, the government? As to their being some attempts at greenwashing, I’ll agree to that, but investor sentiment is now heavily tilted towards companies that are not greenwashing but actually living up to the label.

And Tesla- well, they’ve been shorted and criticised for years and years, and they’ve kept proving people wrong. They’re working on improving the sustainability of their battery production and I think it’s correct to say they’ve moved the needle in a green direction, overall.

Sorry bud.
I am pro green, pro weed, pro internet, pro poker etc...
All are/were fads that lost shitloads of money and made some rich.

fo'real. solar and EV in particular look to either be the new pump&dump (most solar companies are up ~100% in the last couple months). fake EV companies with no products and crayon designs *cough, nikola, cough* had market caps of $50B with 0 sales. shit, there are like 5 different SPACs with silly EV pumping schemes right now.

I don’t government backing is negative at all, I’m fact I think rather the opposite. Why would you not want to put your money into a business area which is being heavily invested in by the most powerful entity in society, the government? As to their being some attempts at greenwashing, I’ll agree to that, but investor sentiment is now heavily tilted towards companies that are not greenwashing but actually living up to the label.

And Tesla- well, they’ve been shorted and criticised for years and years, and they’ve kept proving people wrong. They’re working on improving the sustainability of their battery production and I think it’s correct to say they’ve moved the needle in a green direction, overall.

holy crap, you're one of the tesla kool-aid drinkers, yourself.

as for the primary point - because it's a waste of money. they're not properly allocated. they just make dumb legislation (ie: CA) so they have to dump money into "green energy," regardless of it's actually beneficial or not - or if it's even actually green.

and a YUGE chuck of tesla's money is actually because of this - from other car manufacturers that have to pay tesla because bonehead governments made stupid laws that % of cars must be EV (or paid into).

hence, why every con artist is out trying to form fake EV companies overnight.

Look how much more efficient cars we in 1995 compared to 1975. Green energy will have an even faster trajectory because technological progress overall is speeding up.

If by 2040 burning gas doesn't seem as stupid as a rotary phone does today, then we fucked up and the bad guys won.

I don’t know if I’ll get to see it but people underestimate what the air would be like with no gasoline powered cars.

Are you kidding me?
Jesus christ dude.
Tesla is controlled by a handful of people controlling a historically high proportion of stock while never having to give up share for investment while people they've lobbied shovel taxpayer money at them to build LUXURY CARS. They don't even make the fucking batteries lol.

The companies making the batteries havent even been American companies, and in fact the recent Tesla run up in enthusiasm has been built around a tech alliance with China lol.
It's the most insane crony capitalism stock fraud in the history of man kind. and I can't believe how many people who consider themselves "progressive" fall for the Tesla/Musk cult boondoggle to create literally a new gilded age of hucksters like what happened 100 years ago for whatever weird as fuck societal strongman desire people seem to have. "Hey we have new energy sources, let's watch a dude nearly bankrupt a few companies (Solar City + Tesla), but then anoint him the Rockfeller of the 2020s because he smoked weed with Joe Rogan and said he would give me a handjob on a rocket to Mars"

I don’t know if I’ll get to see it but people underestimate what the air would be like with no gasoline powered cars.
Or better yet, if we just made it way less necessary to be driving around and reduced the number of cars.
But that is the enemy of companies like Tesla.

Are you kidding me?
Jesus christ dude.
Tesla is controlled by a handful of people controlling a historically high proportion of stock while never having to give up share for investment while people they've lobbied shovel taxpayer money at them to build LUXURY CARS. They don't even make the fucking batteries lol.

The companies making the batteries havent even been American companies, and in fact the recent Tesla run up in enthusiasm has been built around a tech alliance with China lol.
It's the most insane crony capitalism stock fraud in the history of man kind. and I can't believe how many people who consider themselves "progressive" fall for the Tesla/Musk cult boondoggle to create literally a new gilded age of hucksters like what happened 100 years ago for whatever weird as fuck societal strongman desire people seem to have. "Hey we have new energy sources, let's watch a dude nearly bankrupt a few companies (Solar City + Tesla), but then anoint him the Rockfeller of the 2020s because he smoked weed with Joe Rogan and said he would give me a handjob on a rocket to Mars"

I get it, you don’t like Tesla.

I drive a model S and have earned plenty if money on the stock as well, so obviously I have a different perspective.

Maybe that 1950s dogshit power grid has something to do with it. Just maybe

Green energey seems to be working fine in Germany, but climate in Germany is different and Europeans don't consume as much resources as Americans.

Another factor would be more efficient and competent use of technology in Germany. Western Euros and Japan have got high speed rail to work, but Americans can't seem on a regional level, so maybe part of the problem is the people running the green energy and utilities??
Denmark and Portugal are also great examples.
We have a 6.9kwh solar on the roof and love it.

I get it, you don’t like Tesla.

I drive a model S and have earned plenty if money on the stock as well, so obviously I have a different perspective.
Thanks for admitting you have no idea what you're talking about beyond the concept of stuffing your own face with a self-serving take. Literally gloating that you made money and had someone else pay for your luxury car.
Great little gang you've joined eh?

Last edited:
Denmark and Portugal are also great examples.
We have a 6.9kwh solar on the roof and love it.

Republican politicians in Wyoming tried to outlaw Wind and Solar energy

Wyoming Considers De Facto Prohibition On Solar And Wind Energy

Wyoming’s legislature is considering a bill that would effectively outlaw renewable energy in the state.

The so-called “Electricity Production Standard” proposes to penalize utilities in Wyoming for generating electricity from solar and wind energy. The bill would allow electric power to be generated using one of six pre-approved sources, including oil, natural gas, nuclear, hydropower and coal, to be used by Wyoming utility companies for electricity generation. Neither solar nor wind energy are included on the list of allowed fuel sources.

If the bill is passed, utilities in Wyoming would incur a penalty of $10 per megawatt hour whenever they used wind or solar to produce electricity for state customers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...bition-on-solar-and-wind-energy/#549e6ec76f44

I have a 10KW solar system which paid itself off within a few years. My power "bill" gets credited to my account quarterly. That's despite the tariffs expiring a couple of years ago. My upkeep involves cleaning the panels once a year.
Obviously the economics depend on how much sunshine you get and the local price of electricity, but sunshine's not an issue for most of Australia and our electricity prices are extremely high. I would have thought CA was similar.
In fact locally (South Australia) our power grid went to crap after they privatised and none of the companies which bought in are willing to invest in infrastructure. The take up of solar here is massive. I think every house on my block has at least a few KW of panels.

Isn't there a community there that all have Tesla Power Walls and they are all connected? And the batteries took over for the grid during an outage?

Isn't there a community there that all have Tesla Power Walls and they are all connected? And the batteries took over for the grid during an outage?
Yes there are a bunch of places in Australia with atrocious grids because it's a shit place in the middle of nowhere. One of the rare spots that is remote developing world conditions but also has a rich nation to support it. Tesla has been using it as a marketing proof of concept for years thanks to the favourable conditions.
At its core it's really nothing groundbreaking beyond existing solar tech paired with existing battery tech, which is hardly proprietary. Generac and other companies have "powerwalls", but complete idiots on the internet wouldn't know the first thing about it beyond parroting some Elon Musk tweet.
The green deal kool aid corruption lovers hate to ignore pesky facts like the environment they're pretending to be saving when it comes to practical use of solar and batteries. We should be looking to reduce overall consumption and form effective grids, not pretend solar panels are saving the world or are just free energy for the world. Which again, none of these industrial leaders give an actual shit about because consumption and profits are still their main drive, not telling people to use less, not have kids, save money etc...
Instead it's "hey are you rich enough to buy a house? how about some free taxpayer money! how about some financing? Build build build buy buy buy"

Back