Multiplatform GreedFall

Holy shit @Valhoven

I just killed Kurt and it was so upsetting that I'm tempted to reload and avoid it

I feel betrayed by the writers who made this happen

Holy shit @Valhoven

I just killed Kurt and it was so upsetting that I'm tempted to reload and avoid it

I feel betrayed by the writers who made this happen
giphy.gif

Mate, how in the hell, lol… Hasn't happened to me yet but you got me on my toes! I'd scum and run it back because his companionship grants +1 Craftsmanship, meaning you only need ever invest 2 Talent points in the tree to access lvl 3-quality gear. #KillaTuna

giphy.gif

Mate, how in the hell, lol… Hasn't happened to me yet but you got me on my toes! I'd scum and run it back because his companionship grants +1 Craftsmanship, meaning you only need ever invest 2 Talent points in the tree to access lvl 3-quality gear. #KillaTuna
LMAO I ended up scumming it. I'd be willing to wager that you're already past that point in the game since you said you're over level 30. It's at the end of the
Prince's Pain quest where you tell Constantine that the island was indeed discovered by the Nauts 200 years ago and your nation has been there before

Don't read this if you haven't done the quest described in the last one:
if you don't finish all of Kurt's available companion quests up to that point, he leads the coup and tries to kill Constantine.

I did it just because I like Kurt, though. I don't really care about the craftsmanship bonus because you can just pay NPCs to craft max level stuff and money is unlimited.

I'm lvl 31 now but am doing the very quest on the Prince's behalf as I write this; you've some good timing, brother. I frontloaded and ran every side quest and contract I could while dipping in and out of the main narrative. I haven't played a good 'squad' game for a long time so it was a real draw for me to get to know everyone's strengths and weaknesses; been having a lot of fun meandering about and am probably in 40-50 hours now. I have some wild theories of my own on where the story is going but time reveals all… When we're both done, I can share and we'll see how far off the mark I was.

Help me out with something: I realise lootable crates replenish while chests do not but have you yet entertained arena betting? You mentioned money being unlimited but I've struggled with coin the entire game; I can buy at a time one alpha-dog item from a merchant and then I'm again skint. UI fluff reads that Charisma discounts stall prices but I haven't been bothered to invest in it yet. I've been wondering as of late if I've been missing out on arena earnings as I haven't returned since early-game when fighting by the merchant's side for his freedom.

@Canned Tuna

Who make up your all-purpose, go-to team, Tuna?

I'm lvl 31 now but am doing the very quest on the Prince's behalf as I write this; you've some good timing, brother. I frontloaded and ran every side quest and contract I could while dipping in and out of the main narrative. I haven't played a good 'squad' game for a long time so it was a real draw for me to get to know everyone's strengths and weaknesses; been having a lot of fun meandering about and am probably in 40-50 hours now. I have some wild theories of my own on where the story is going but time reveals all… When we're both done, I can share and we'll see how far off the mark I was.

Help me out with something: I realise lootable crates replenish while chests do not but have you yet entertained arena betting? You mentioned money being unlimited but I've struggled with coin the entire game; I can buy at a time one alpha-dog item from a merchant and then I'm again skint. UI fluff reads that Charisma discounts stall prices but I haven't been bothered to invest in it yet. I've been wondering as of late if I've been missing out on arena earnings as I haven't returned since early-game when fighting by the merchant's side for his freedom.

@Canned Tuna
I have not tried arena betting. I also don't buy much gear. At level 17 and with a stasis heavy strategy, it hasn't been necessary to buy expensive armor. As long as I keep the crew's weapons up to date, we're good.

Enemies respawn every 4 days. Loot respawn timer is either the same or less. I don't remember.

I do a fair amount of running around in the open world and just kill shit when I see it. I haven't had less than 2k gold in a while.
Who make up your all-purpose, go-to team, Tuna?
I always keep Vasco. He seems to do good damage, has better AI than other ranged companions IMO, gives bonus to intuition, and doesn't have annoying problems with other factions. The fact that I like him is an added bonus.

The other slot I basically just fill with whoever will interact in a helpful way with the place that I'm going. I usually take Siora if I'm randomly wandering for interesting interactions and because I dig the elemental weapons buff. If I don't care about interactions or having a native will piss everyone off, I take Kurt because he seems to be the best in combat.

For strictly combat purposes Vasco + Kurt is pretty sick. It's worth mentioning that I keep Kurt equipped with an elemental weapon with the highest armor damage I can find. Stasis + Kurt destroys armor. Vasco and I do huge physical damage.

What is your party of choice?

PS- I have been doing a lot of side quests. I don't even have the bridge alliance companion yet and have barely interacted with Petrus, so I don't know if I like his personality yet. Guessing based off the fact that the first thing he said to me was recommending that we dig up dirt to blackmail someone, I don't think I like him. Lol

On a side note: I really hate the natives' weird accent. It's extremely inconsistent across the various voice actors and doesn't match up to a real world accent. It just bothers me.

Last edited:
@Valhoven it's worth mentioning that people on the interwebz seem to believe that Aphra is a good ranged companion. I read that she actually runs away to stay at range, which Petrus and Siora absolutely do not. Neither does Vasco, but that's fine because he has endurance and agility. Petrus has endurance, but wtf is the point of it when a ring is his only weapon?

Like I said, I don't have Aphra yet. If she is as good as Reddit says, I'll probably use her a lot when I get her.

@Valhoven it's worth mentioning that people on the interwebz seem to believe that Aphra is a good ranged companion. I read that she actually runs away to stay at range, which Petrus and Siora absolutely do not. Neither does Vasco, but that's fine because he has endurance and agility. Petrus has endurance, but wtf is the point of it when a ring is his only weapon?

Like I said, I don't have Aphra yet. If she is as good as Reddit says, I'll probably use her a lot when I get her.
Monsieur T! @ you already knowing about Aphra…

<Deported1>
So, honestly, she sucks. I've invested in her to realise what potential is there but it's all in-text only. Her AI is deer-in-headlamps when getting face-tanked by mooks because her reload comes with a cooldown that leaves her vulnerable; related, she doesn't relocate at range in adaptation or at least not often enough to justify a slot on the team.

I have her equipped with the highest Agility-gated rifle that cost me south of G1000 so on paper, she hits like Francis Ngannou at some 950 physical DMG…but that's where it ends. Even better armoured than myself, she regularly needs rez so you're obliged to babysit her to see if someone is walking her down.

It's not worth it, especially not on Extreme. When her shots land (she whiffs sometimes, mind you *DOH!), she leaves mooks with no more than a third of HP – which is good, but it's not at a frequency that makes her viable, IMO.

Monsieur T! @ you already knowing about Aphra…

<Deported1>
So, honestly, she sucks. I've invested in her to realise what potential is there but it's all in-text only. Her AI is deer-in-headlamps when getting face-tanked by mooks because her reload comes with a cooldown that leaves her vulnerable; related, she doesn't relocate at range in adaptation or at least not often enough to justify a slot on the team.

I have her equipped with the highest Agility-gated rifle that cost me south of G1000 so on paper, she hits like Francis Ngannou at some 950 physical DMG…but that's where it ends. Even better armoured than myself, she regularly needs rez so you're obliged to babysit her to see if someone is walking her down.

It's not worth it, especially not on Extreme. When her shots land (she whiffs sometimes, mind you *DOH!), she leaves mooks with no more than a third of HP – which is good, but it's not at a frequency that makes her viable, IMO.
I didn't mean to learn about her. I was looking up good party compositions. I still don't know when i get her.

It's possible that everyone saying that she is a bomb throwing beast is playing on lower difficulties.

What is your ideal party comp? I don't really find there to be a huge difference in viability except that if I combine Petrus and Siora, the damage output is bad. They are both pillow-fisted. I can still get the job done with that comp. Just takes longer/Siora dies.

I always keep Vasco. He seems to do good damage, has better AI than other ranged companions IMO, gives bonus to intuition, and doesn't have annoying problems with other factions. The fact that I like him is an added bonus.

The other slot I basically just fill with whoever will interact in a helpful way with the place that I'm going. I usually take Siora if I'm randomly wandering for interesting interactions and because I dig the elemental weapons buff. If I don't care about interactions or having a native will piss everyone off, I take Kurt because he seems to be the best in combat.

For strictly combat purposes Vasco + Kurt is pretty sick. It's worth mentioning that I keep Kurt equipped with an elemental weapon with the highest armor damage I can find. Stasis + Kurt destroys armor. Vasco and I do huge physical damage.

What is your party of choice?
So CPT Vasco is a must for me too; I benefit from the Intuition buff while also enjoying his stick-and-move, crowd-free style of fight with the bonus of being able to wield a firearm. Like you, I admire Naut history and culture so I find him someone I would IRL fancy watching my back.

My third-wheel has traditionally been Petrus for his ability to absorb punishment in heavier armours plus the range versatility he brings. He's great in swamp environs but I've typically there sought chars with ability to don neckpieces because of the available poison res (+20, e.g.) some imbue wearer with.

I benched Síora a long time ago and refuse to play her unless quest completion mandates it; I'm rolled for team healer so her special is redundant; I also find her equipment restrictions unfun to tinker with, not even mentioning my trying to talk to her in the past and choosing the wrong options, -1 Rep, -1 Rep… I'm done, dude, lol. She can go play badminton with the Nádaig for all I care.

PS- I have been doing a lot of side quests. I don't even have the bridge alliance companion yet and have barely interacted with Petrus, so I don't know if I like his personality yet. Guessing based off the fact that the first thing he said to me was recommending that we dig up dirt to blackmail someone, I don't think I like him. Lol
He comes off rigid and judgemental (hell, he is, lol) but, ultimately, a big-picture statesman who's not naïf enough to think himself unsullied if playing in that political sandbox; he's devout, in other words, but not unscrupulous or without conscience, IMO. When he speaks, I feel like he's my dad though and trying to son me. Yeah, yeah, OK – we'll kill him later, Dad! He's of all companions an easier one to dislike but he rarely needs rez, in my playthrough, and that scores well in my playbook.

On a side note: I really hate the natives' weird accent. It's extremely inconsistent across the various voice actors and doesn't match up to a real world accent. It just bothers me.
Stupid renaigse! Of course you wouldn't get it. :p

It's fun, IMO, but I no less agree with you; some even sound not unlike Conor McGregor and merchants have me chuckling now and again on the note. I did my undergraduate in Britain and I feel the Keltic influence throughout is undeniable. It's original, all things being equal, and I'm plainly impressed with the world Spiders has created for us.

Not sure what genre GF falls under but would you banner it historical fantasy? I feel like the RL parallels to world events is apparent.

So CPT Vasco is a must for me too; I benefit from the Intuition buff while also enjoying his stick-and-move, crowd-free style of fight with the bonus of being able to wield a firearm. Like you, I admire Naut history and culture so I find him someone I would IRL fancy watching my back.

My third-wheel has traditionally been Petrus for his ability to absorb punishment in heavier armours plus the range versatility he brings. He's great in swamp environs but I've typically there sought chars with ability to don neckpieces because of the available poison res (+20, e.g.) some imbue wearer with.

I benched Síora a long time ago and refuse to play her unless quest completion mandates it; I'm rolled for team healer so her special is redundant; I also find her equipment restrictions unfun to tinker with, not even mentioning my trying to talk to her in the past and choosing the wrong options, -1 Rep, -1 Rep… I'm done, dude, lol. She can go play badminton with the Nádaig for all I care.

He comes off rigid and judgemental (hell, he is, lol) but, ultimately, a big-picture statesman who's not naïf enough to think himself unsullied if playing in that political sandbox; he's devout, in other words, but not unscrupulous or without conscience, IMO. When he speaks, I feel like he's my dad though and trying to son me. Yeah, yeah, OK – we'll kill him later, Dad! He's of all companions an easier one to dislike but he rarely needs rez, in my playthrough, and that scores well in my playbook.

Stupid renaigse! Of course you wouldn't get it. :p

It's fun, IMO, but I no less agree with you; some even sound not unlike Conor McGregor and merchants have me chuckling now and again on the note. I did my undergraduate in Britain and I feel the Keltic influence throughout is undeniable. It's original, all things being equal, and I'm plainly impressed with the world Spiders has created for us.

Not sure what genre GF falls under but would you banner it historical fantasy? I feel like the RL parallels to world events is apparent.
I think it's quite possible that Petrus will win me over as I delve deeper into the political intrigues.

I don't like Siora very much and she is weak in combat. I keep get around because i like the dialogue options she opens up and the +1 vigor. Elemental weapons looks cool, works well for me and Vasco, and she's my only healer. Even so, she's still weak in combat.

Yeah, it's cool that they did an accent for them and they're very obviously supposed to be celts. They seem very pictish. At times the accent sounds very Scottish. At other times I can't quite put my finger on it. I think that's mostly due to inconsistencies in the voice acting. What bugs me must us the constant substitution of "sh" for "s" like in the name "Saoirse". Celts have the "s" sound ffs.

I would not say that it is historical fantasy because there are no real historical figures, places, or events. I think it is just fantasy in an uncommon setting. There are always real world similarities in fantasy settings. They are usually medieval ones, though. I think that's why this one feels so fresh.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to learn about her. I was looking up good party compositions. I still don't know when i get her.
source.gif

It's possible that everyone saying that she is a bomb throwing beast is playing on lower difficulties.
True to comment, she initiates combat with bomb-throw but that's about as exciting as it gets. Frankly, wait until you meet and recruit her; let me know. I'm confident we'll see eye to eye on the subject. I wanted her to be a go-to because of how good it all sounds once she's onboard but she just doesn't fight smart.

If there's an endgame rifle that's OP, I might reconsider but she would need bullet penetration on targets acquired to compensate for whiff and cooldown as well as OHKO power – which is a big ask and hence my pessimism at time of writing.

What is your ideal party comp? I don't really find there to be a huge difference in viability except that if I combine Petrus and Siora, the damage output is bad. They are both pillow-fisted. I can still get the job done with that comp. Just takes longer/Siora dies.
Well observed on the latter two.

IMO, all-purpose dream team is Kurt or Vas, and then Petrus.

Don't think of Petrus as an offensive pick, he's not – he's a defensive sponge in frontline clothing; he busies the combat area and quintessentially kites or baits, creating openings between bigger, harder mobs you'll face. He moreover moves really well and even if he only manages to inflict chip or get a good knock here and there, he's providing all these heal/strike/reposition opportunities for you and Kurt or Vas to put some real work in. His enlightened shield isn't anything to write home about but that's just a bonus he brings to the fight.

73464234.jpg

Or:

73464296.jpg

And:

73464281.jpg

source.gif

True to comment, she initiates combat with bomb-throw but that's about as exciting as it gets. Frankly, wait until you meet and recruit her; let me know. I'm confident we'll see eye to eye on the subject. I wanted her to be a go-to because of how good it all sounds once she's onboard but she just doesn't fight smart.

If there's an endgame rifle that's OP, I might reconsider but she would need bullet penetration on targets acquired to compensate for whiff and cooldown as well as OHKO power – which is a big ask and hence my pessimism at time of writing.

Well observed on the latter two.

IMO, all-purpose dream team is Kurt or Vas, and then Petrus.

Don't think of Petrus as an offensive pick, he's not – he's a defensive sponge in frontline clothing; he busies the combat area and quintessentially kites or baits, creating openings between bigger, harder mobs you'll face. He moreover moves really well and even if he only manages to inflict chip or get a good knock here and there, he's providing all these heal/strike/reposition opportunities for you and Kurt or Vas to put some real work in. His enlightened shield isn't anything to write home about but that's just a bonus he brings to the fight.

73464234.jpg

Or:

73464296.jpg

And:

73464281.jpg
Lol I thought I had all the companions at 20 hours in, so I looked up to see what the internet believed to be the best comps.

I guess the fact that I have maxed out shield of enlightenment and tons of crowd control capability in my build kind of makes Petrus less useful for me like Siora is for you.

Happy and sad to report I'd finished GF last night.

Playtime was 91h @ level 42.

Final boss fight is awesome and the well-told story handily drives the original journey this is.

Game is a fine wine or tall drink of your fancy, to be sipped and not swilled. If you can't take your time with this one and enjoy, I'd recommend spending your money and time elsewhere. The be-all with this is giving a toss and not playing plainly to win; this final observation ties into my early-game thoughts on wilfulness to immerse being crucial.

One of the best titles I've had the pleasure of playing in a while. The scoring is just…, bravo.

If you're an achievement hunter whether for PS4 trophies or Xbox gamerscore, you're in for a headache – fair warning. Many outcomes hinge on the fickle arrangements of relations with both NPCs and in-game nations. Tag me if you wish before embarking and I can try to help without spoiling much; this is best a course navigated of one's own moral compass, though, and playing blind is the delivery of choice, of course.

#DeSardetBénissez

tumblr_orngfpkHXx1s3eqy0o1_r1_500.gifv

Happy and sad to report I'd finished GF last night.

Playtime was 91h @ level 42.

Final boss fight is awesome and the well-told story handily drives the original journey this is.

Game is a fine wine or tall drink of your fancy, to be sipped and not swilled. If you can't take your time with this one and enjoy, I'd recommend spending your money and time elsewhere. The be-all with this is giving a toss and not playing plainly to win; this final observation ties into my early-game thoughts on wilfulness to immerse being crucial.

One of the best titles I've had the pleasure of playing in a while. The scoring is just…, bravo.

If you're an achievement hunter whether for PS4 trophies or Xbox gamerscore, you're in for a headache – fair warning. Many outcomes hinge on the fickle arrangements of relations with both NPCs and in-game nations. Tag me if you wish before embarking and I can try to help without spoiling much; this is best a course navigated of one's own moral compass, though, and playing blind is the delivery of choice, of course.

#DeSardetBénissez

tumblr_orngfpkHXx1s3eqy0o1_r1_500.gifv
Glad you enjoyed it, Im looking to play bigger games on my switch now since every goddamn game is 50+h nowadays. Im gonna pick this up when I have free time cause of you.

Glad you enjoyed it, Im looking to play bigger games on my switch now since every goddamn game is 50+h nowadays. Im gonna pick this up when I have free time cause of you.
Sounds like a plan, brother.

@Valhoven

I'm diving into this one next. Just finished up Days Gone. Any tips you can provide for a beginner would be appreciated. Spoiler free of course I'll just make the best choice possible but I'd like to be prepared as I can be.

@Valhoven

I'm diving into this one next. Just finished up Days Gone. Any tips you can provide for a beginner would be appreciated. Spoiler free of course I'll just make the best choice possible but I'd like to be prepared as I can be.
You're going to enjoy it, brother. It's a wine sipped, and not swilled.

Advice is hard on the tactical because you know you better than anyone. I will say that don't fret over which class too much but pick earnestly. You need pick the one of three that reflects how you want to play at first but will have opportunities to branch out or patchwork this, that later. In other words, you're not locked into anything for the duration and have (limited) means to respec so that's there for you long-haul, if that helps. It can be daunting to pick a class at first because you're not 100 on what you're getting into and don't want to play a potato. Char viability is good here; no class is scrub-status.

Friendly reminder not to throw away old armours, garb as disguises feature; if you rustle the wrong people, it may undermine your reputation with them. The music throughout is amazing, if not Kubrickian in score, IMO.

For headspace, remember that this is a character-driven tale. You're a diplomat as much as a duellist or adventurer; sometimes discussion is better than death-dealing. The story is fresh and interesting; playing blind is best and I'd recommend the harder two difficulties (hard or extreme, iirc); I can promise you either presents a good challenge while still being fun so don't be put off.

Noteworthy will be building your team – but we're here for you and spoiler-free when you're at that point.

Keep us up on your journey and what you think!

Just wanted to let former and newer players know that GF has sold in excess of one million units, which proved an unambiguous success for Spiders. More, worldwide reception as well as my own here ITT and others were overwhelmingly positive.

Studio is currently working on a next-gen IP called Steel Rising. Don't know much about that; just read a bit elsewhere.

LW, hope your experience is going well having picked this up recently. Tagging you so you know we've a thread for our Community.

cc: @Losfer Words

Back