Greatest Food On Earth

big fan as well, but don't eat it often. actually i have been eating a bit of sushi lately- i will pick up the veggie rolls at the supermarket which are actually pretty good. i was thinking just today that i should get one of those setups for making my own. i could pump out carrot rolls by the dozen. they keep really well.

sup homos, I haven't been on here in a week or 2 and I'm sure I missed a lot of fun discussions that ultimately turned into a carb vs no carb arguement. Anyway, I just want to share that I have discovered the wonders of sushi. I have eaten it once or twice before and one time did not like it and the other became violently ill after. It wasn't until several days ago my friend introduced me to the missing magical ingredient, WASABI! With this green paste fit for the gods I have quickly fallen in love with eating sushi. I've definately become gluttonous with it and have eaten it 3 times this week alone. I try to use a low sodium soy sauce whenever I eat it and in small amounts. Who else is in love with sushi? Who knew raw fish was so damn good????

I live in Japan and eat Sushi every day. Combined with green tea it has turned me into a cardio monster. I can't even get tired on my three mile run anymore.

omakase-jurassic-rolls3.jpg

I just had this unagi (eel) maki with salmon skin on top a few days ago. I wish I could eat this everyday.

ur doing it wrong

As in I'm not adhering to some sort of sushi custom or as in I'm supposed to like wasabi? I don't like the taste of wasabi or horseradish, I prefer my spice to come from peppers, the flavor + heat combo is better.

wish i was still in japan, sushi bar everywhere you look, damn i shouldve never left :(

As in I'm not adhering to some sort of sushi custom or as in I'm supposed to like wasabi? I don't like the taste of wasabi or horseradish, I prefer my spice to come from peppers, the flavor + heat combo is better.

naw just saying if you need a heap of pickled ginger to be able to finish your sushi, youre definitely doing it wrong.

the ginger is intended to cleanse the palete inbetween the individual bits of sushi. Try to savor the taste and texture of the sushi. If you suffer ginger withdrawl, maybe supplement with sake, just dont pour your own.:D

naw just saying if you need a heap of pickled ginger to be able to finish your sushi, youre definitely doing it wrong.

the ginger is intended to cleanse the palete inbetween the individual bits of sushi. Try to savor the taste and texture of the sushi. If you suffer ginger withdrawl, maybe supplement with sake, just dont pour your own.:D

I am doing it wrong! I put the ginger ON the sushi so each section of roll has a nice piece of ginger on top for flavor.

I really just like the taste of ginger, I drink ginger juice and eat sushi for the ginger.

Man... I cannot comment on the role raw seafood has played in my life. I remember being 16 going out on commercial fishing boats out of pt.plesant NJ, and eating raw scallops, clams, striper, ling, tuna... if we caught it, it would be - cut/shucked, and sucked down.

I see your from NJ/NC, best place I ever had sushi was a lil place in Manahawkin NJ, near LBI right off exit 63 of the GSP, the sushi was super fresh I swear I saw gills moving when they chopped the fish up.

I'm in wilmington and go go Nikko sushi house alot, we also have a good sushi buffet here too. I would recommend watching the sushi chef and making sure you grab the stuff he just chopped up at the buffet tho :D

bout to eat some sushi right now, thought id let all the other sushi enthusiast know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back