Greatest Food On Earth

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
sup homos, I haven't been on here in a week or 2 and I'm sure I missed a lot of fun discussions that ultimately turned into a carb vs no carb arguement. Anyway, I just want to share that I have discovered the wonders of sushi. I have eaten it once or twice before and one time did not like it and the other became violently ill after. It wasn't until several days ago my friend introduced me to the missing magical ingredient, WASABI! With this green paste fit for the gods I have quickly fallen in love with eating sushi. I've definately become gluttonous with it and have eaten it 3 times this week alone. I try to use a low sodium soy sauce whenever I eat it and in small amounts. Who else is in love with sushi? Who knew raw fish was so damn good????

sup homos, I haven't been on here in a week or 2 and I'm sure I missed a lot of fun discussions that ultimately turned into a carb vs no carb arguement. Anyway, I just want to share that I have discovered the wonders of sushi. I have eaten it once or twice before and one time did not like it and the other became violently ill after. It wasn't until several days ago my friend introduced me to the missing magical ingredient, WASABI! With this green paste fit for the gods I have quickly fallen in love with eating sushi. I've definately become gluttonous with it and have eaten it 3 times this week alone. I try to use a low sodium soy sauce whenever I eat it and in small amounts. Who else is in love with sushi? Who knew raw fish was so damn good????

I prefer Pizza or kebabs to be honest

I'm with you bro, I love sushi aswell. Just taking a week off cutting to let the hormones and body heal up, and i've been getting down on plenty of it.

The best thing I ever ate, was in Montreal. It was at the famous restaurant, Cabane au Sucre Au Pied de Cochon. Poutine au Foie Gras.

This shit was better than your life. Fries were double fried(as they're supposed to be) in duck fat(world's most expensive deep fryer?). Freshly made cheese curd. Two different types of gravy, one being a red wine reduction, and the other being a veal jus with foie rendered into it. And to top it all off, was a piece of sauteed foie gras.

I think it may have ruined my sense of taste.

we're getting a little off topic. We're supposed to be talking about how awesome sushi is and how I may begin putting wasabi on everything.

I work 12 hour shifts at a nightclub, and so the only food for me to eat by the end of the night is sushi. I eat it 3-4x a week...

I work 12 hour shifts at a nightclub, and so the only food for me to eat by the end of the night is sushi. I eat it 3-4x a week...

lucky bastard! though I don't know how safe consuming raw fish several times a week could be. I kind of look at it like playing with a loaded gun. eventually the gun will go off.......and you will poop a lot.

The best thing I ever ate, was in Montreal. It was at the famous restaurant, Cabane au Sucre Au Pied de Cochon. Poutine au Foie Gras.

I'm remembering this, as in several trips to Montreal over a period of 10 years or so, I was invariably disappointed with the restaurants and food, and I'm rather easy to please.

i love sushi, the only problem with is you never know when to stop!! it doesnt seem to fill you up, and when you get tired of eating it, your hungry again in about an hr. also im not fat i way 165 so that isn't the problem for eating a lot of it.

before I even read your post my answer was fresh raw tuna. It cant be beat.

I love wasabi but if youre eating tuna that was swimming 10 minutes ago, its criminal to foul it with anything.

i prefer eel sushi tbh and wasabi is good on pretty much anything. wasabi/soy sauce mix is great

eel is incredible, not really sushi afaic, as its cooked

and at some sushi bars slathering sauce on your sushi may get you stabbed

its about the fresh flavors, not soy sauce. just a hint

I am going to hop on the Sushi is Awesome train. It is actually about my all time favourite thing to eat, beating out even hamburgers (gasp!) and mashed potatoes, and maybe even apple pie.

I am definately not the biggest one of my friends, weighing 170, but I can pack food away, and am trying to so that I can gain weight, and I can honestly eat more sushi than anyone I know, including people who literally weigh 100lbs more than me and eat it 3-4 times a week.

And Salmon is the best.

eel is incredible, not really sushi afaic, as its cooked

and at some sushi bars slathering sauce on your sushi may get you stabbed

its about the fresh flavors, not soy sauce. just a hint

agree on sushi shouldn't be ate with sauce, i prefer it w/o any sort of sauce. i use wasabi/soy for dumplings/shu mai

Olives with blue or feta cheese stuffed inside.

I'm remembering this, as in several trips to Montreal over a period of 10 years or so, I was invariably disappointed with the restaurants and food, and I'm rather easy to please.

In my ONLY trip to Montreal I kept hearing so much about the hospitality and the food and how great it all was. Needless to say it was the worst experience of my life and I'll never go back. Like Toronto it's seriously overrated. The people are rude and the food sucks. I ate at supposedly one of the top 4 restaurants in all of Canada, Gibby's I think it was or something like that. My filet mignon was overcooked, the creme brulee was horrendous, and the pinot noir, which is my fave wine gave me heartburn. I was expecting much more and recieved much less. As far as sushi goes....unless it's cooked forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back