Great Shows with little buzz or fanfare

man I was really bummed to see Archive 81 not get a second season. I wonder if it could have benefited from a catchier name though

The Gryphon sounds like something I would dig. A similar-sounding show on Netflix is Cracow Monsters which I really enjoyed. It is in Polish with subtitles fyi
I LOVED Cracow Monsters! Very dark and cool. Along those lines there was a Russian show To The Lake that was a cool take on a Zombie type apocalypse.

This was like a Pirate Game of Thrones with the nudity, drinking and scamming. I liked it.
Went to Nassau on vacation and went to the pirate museum. It sucked. I kept thinking about the potential because of this show l.

For those of you that liked Kingdom and Korean stuff, these were good too:

all-of-us-are-dead.jpg

Song-kang-sweet-home-featured.jpg

I watched the first couple episodes of All Of Us Are Dead and wasn't overly impressed. This, though, looks like fun:

Homicide: Life on the street was even better than The Wire (same creators) in some aspects. Also, while perhaps not "little buzz or fanfare," but rather controversial, so was True Detective Season 2 a TV show I truly enjoyed.

For those of you that liked Kingdom and Korean stuff, these were good too:

all-of-us-are-dead.jpg

Song-kang-sweet-home-featured.jpg

I liked all of us are dead but I thought Sweet Home was kind of boring. Not sure why exactly but eventually I just dropped it.

I liked all of us are dead but I thought Sweet Home was kind of boring. Not sure why exactly but eventually I just dropped it.
Korean stuff isn't bad but it is a hit or miss. I enjoyed Train to Busan but the sequel is really bad. Sweet Home's last episode opened up the world so I am assuming it's going to get better. It did move at a snail's pace though. Check out Kingdom if you haven't seen it. It's great compared to All Of Us Are Dead. AOURD had really bad plot holes. Production was good but writing wasn't good.

Korean stuff isn't bad but it is a hit or miss. I enjoyed Train to Busan but the sequel is really bad. Sweet Home's last episode opened up the world so I am assuming it's going to get better. It did move at a snail's pace though. Check out Kingdom if you haven't seen it. It's great compared to All Of Us Are Dead. AOURD had really bad plot holes. Production was good but writing wasn't good.
I agree. When I first saw The Host, I thought it was terrible. Kingdome brought me back as did Train to Busan.

I think Koreans are really putting out some quality content out there lately. I agree thought it can be hit or miss. I didn't know there was a sequels to Train to Busan but sounds like I'll skip it.

Sweet Home was weird cause initially I liked it and was enjoying it. I think near the end or maybe mid way through I just got bored of it and never went back. Kingdom was great and I loved everything about that show. AOURD was good but it was one of those turn your brain off and just enjoy type shows for me. I also am a huge fan of zombie shit so that also helped.

Zero zero zero is amazing, don't know anyone else that watched it. Everything about it is good. Its about 3 different families involved in drug tragficking around the world. I know thats not a great sell but its fantastic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmundharry949
Back