Gray "The Bully" Maynard's Resume Is IMPRESSIVE! (With PICs and GIFs!)

s1fys

abc
@Brown
Reaction score
Even though he fought them awhile back, when some of them are still improving.

Win (split decision) Nate Diaz:

NateDiazGrayMaynardDMandelSherdog.jpg

Win (knockout) Joe Veres:

GrayMaynardvsJoeVeresslow.gif

Win (unanimous decision) Jim Miller:

ept_sports_mma_experts-775889366-1236485004.jpg

Win (unanimous decision) Dennis Siver:

1004.jpg

Win (split decision) Roger Huerta:

izb055.jpg

Gray-Maynard-vs-Roger-Huerta-mma-8192153-550-367.jpg

Win (unanimous decision) Kenny Florian:

mma_e_maynard11_576.jpg

Win (split decision) Clay Guida:

guida-boring.gif

Gray-Maynard-Clay-Guida.jpg

Win (unanimous decision) Frankie Edgar:

Frankie-Edgar-Gray-Maynard-UFN-13.jpg

Draw (split decision) Frankie Edgar:

Gray_Maynard_vs_Frankie_Edgar_UFC_125_crop_650x440.jpg

1.gif

his resume is very impressive. i hear that guy even KO'd Gray Maynard

maynardko.gif

I like longer haired Gray best. It suits he facial features and skin tone better.

I feel Gray is treated quite a bit like Rashad.
Both have very good resumes, but are serially overlooked in discourse.

Now that Edgar is dropping to FW Maynard is the #2 LW. I want to see him fight Melendez for a shot at Bendo

and nobody mentions the rich clementti fight.because after 15 mins of gray doing the wet blanket everybody had fallen asleep.

Maynard has always been underrated and he has a great resume, although he clearly lost the second Diaz fight.

I feel Gray is treated quite a bit like Rashad.
Both have very good resumes, but are serially overlooked in discourse.

Them, Fitch, Sonnen, and Mendes are all in the same boat (the fact that they are all wrestlers is a coincidence but not the point). All of them had their chance(s) and were thwarted. Despite the fact that all of them are in the running for the #2 of their weight class, many feel they no longer have prospects for gaining a title. That lowers their interest by a great deal.

Maynard is probably the only one who still does have prospects for gaining a title, but there are much more interesting matches at lightweight right now.

Them, Fitch, Sonnen, and Mendes are all in the same boat (the fact that they are all wrestlers is a coincidence but not the point). All of them had their chance(s) and were thwarted. Despite the fact that all of them are in the running for the #2 of their weight class, many feel they no longer have prospects for gaining a title. That lowers their interest by a great deal.

Maynard is probably the only one who still does have prospects for gaining a title, but there are much more interesting matches at lightweight right now.

In my opinion, Maynard is not in the same boat as Fitch or Sonnen.

Fitch proved that he nothing for the champ and he is heavily reliant on his grappling. Pretty much the same for Sonnen.

Maynard, however, showed that he is a very good striker and was close to finishing Edgar both times. He has also shown a good chin.

The Aldo vs Mendes fight was too close and I seriously thought the result would be different without the blatant fence grab.

In my opinion, Maynard is not in the same boat as Fitch or Sonnen.

Fitch proved that he nothing for the champ and he is heavily reliant on his grappling. Pretty much the same for Sonnen.

Maynard, however, showed that he is a very good striker and was close to finishing Edgar both times. He has also shown a good chin.

The Aldo vs Mendes fight was too close and I seriously thought the result would be different without the blatant fence grab.

Agreed. Maynard doesn't have a loss to the current champ. Sonnen and Fitch both do.

Not really, GSP, Silva, and Aldo are still champs unlike Frankie. Frankie isn't even in the division anymore. There's no roadblock at the top for Gray, rather there's a fresh and arguably favorable match up for him.

Plus through the three Frankie fights it left an impression that they're closely matched and always will be as opposed to Gray has nothing for the champ(who again has been dethroned).

and nobody mentions the rich clementti fight.because after 15 mins of gray doing the wet blanket everybody had fallen asleep.

Rich was clearly stalling from the bottom at multiple points. They were both at fault for that being underwhelming.

Maynard's lightweight resume is better than BJ Penn's. If the Edgar fight was stopped he would still be undefeated.

I think he knocks out Bendo.

He lost both his fights against Nate. Got submitted in the TUF house, but then was on the right side of a bad decision. I'd say Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Anthony Pettis and Bendo all beat him handily. He's in a place like that of Koscheck, or Florian from years ago. Not quite champion-material. He makes a good gatekeeper. That's no offense to anyone, he's a damn good fighter, I just don't think he'll ever get another win over top 5 LW's. But he's definitely in the top 10

He should be champ. His fights with Frankie could/should have been stopped at least four times. I'm not even a fan of Gray but he got screwed in both Frankie fights. he should have been champ years ago then he'd underestimate Bendo and lose.

He probably is also the toughest man on the planet who has a tramp stamp.

Back