Grappling/Compression Pants

Whats your build? chubby, athletic, average?

If your chubby I might size up, but if your just average healthy build than yea a large should fit you perfectly fine.

large it is then. thank you very much.

Once I started wearing spats, I can't train without them. Under the gi, under my board shorts for nogi.

I've been wearing Scrambles, but just bought some cheapy Shock Doctor leggings on BJJHQ; if they're anything like their compression shorts, it should be pretty sturdy.

Apologies as this may be a stupid question- but people are still wearing compression shorts under spats / compression pants, right?

Thanks Holt for your answer earlier.

While I've been lurking for a couple of months- is there a reason this thread disappeared? I could only find it by doing a search.
Thanks-

Apologies as this may be a stupid question- but people are still wearing compression shorts under spats / compression pants, right?

Thanks Holt for your answer earlier.

Yes, please wear compression shorts under your spats. Noone wants to see what you're packing when you get north/south on them.

I've been thinking about purchasing a pair because I get wicked knee burns on a regular basis (Plus it would be nice to wear to the gym on colder days :D ). My only concern is are all compression pants created equally for grappling?

I've noticed that my Scramble rash guard is much comfier than my UnderArmour or Walmart brand, does anyone have any experience in terms of pants when comparing grappling brands against generic athletic brands?

Closing..
I don't mind getting inexpensive off brand compression pants but I don't want to purchase an inferior product that will be uncomfortable for grappling and a waste of my cash.

Thanks in advance Sherrrrrrrrrrrrrdoggers.

I'm a lady, so I prefer to roll in compression or gi pants all the time so I have to have alot of pairs of long spandex. Honestly, some of the cheap pants I picked up for under 10 bucks at Ross are more comfortable to roll in than some of my nike and under armour compression pants. Any pair you want to buy, the two things I advise you look for are that the material is not to thin because sometimes they end up being see through or still allowing mat burns and just stretch the legs apart to make sure the inseam is strong enough for grappling.

Back