Grappling/Compression Pants

cms9690

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've been thinking about purchasing a pair because I get wicked knee burns on a regular basis (Plus it would be nice to wear to the gym on colder days :D ). My only concern is are all compression pants created equally for grappling?

I've noticed that my Scramble rash guard is much comfier than my UnderArmour or Walmart brand, does anyone have any experience in terms of pants when comparing grappling brands against generic athletic brands?

Closing..
I don't mind getting inexpensive off brand compression pants but I don't want to purchase an inferior product that will be uncomfortable for grappling and a waste of my cash.

Thanks in advance Sherrrrrrrrrrrrrdoggers.

I wear Eastbay compression pants (2 for $30) and they've held up well so far. I only wear them once per week though. You could wait for the Scramble spats to reappear on BJJHQ; they're $38 on there I believe. Paying $50+ for spandex pants is ridiculous IMO.

Rainbow spats. Most comfortable thing since rolling naked in the greek days. Do eeet.

I wear the Nike combat gear ones I got from big 5... I think they were like 35 bucks and they're holding up great

I've been thinking about purchasing a pair because I get wicked knee burns on a regular basis (Plus it would be nice to wear to the gym on colder days :D ).

Be honest with yourself, you want to wear them because you think they look cool.:wink:

They are all I wear, and have been all I wear for the past 5 years. Training at the OTC, I had access to as many pairs of Nike and Asics as I wanted. To be honest, the cheap lightweight ones I got overseas were more comfortable. You can get Maxtens on Ebay for 10 bucks free shipping, and they are better than any pair of Nikes on the market.

They are all I wear, and have been all I wear for the past 5 years. Training at the OTC, I had access to as many pairs of Nike and Asics as I wanted. To be honest, the cheap lightweight ones I got overseas were more comfortable. You can get Maxtens on Ebay for 10 bucks free shipping, and they are better than any pair of Nikes on the market.

Ordering...

I just tried looking up "maxtens" on eBay but nothing showed up....

I have scrambles black v2's and their urban camo ones. The urban camo ones are put together a bit nicer, but they are both amazing. What scramble rash guard do you have? I;m gonna order a scramble ranked with the 2 day free shipping from MAS but don't know what size to get.

I looked up maxtens pants on google. It was the 2nd or 3rd link.

How does the sizing run on these maxtens?

Yeah had the same lol ebay kept changing it to "martens" .

They have chart if yous croll down on the add, for the sizes in a weight vs length table.

Thanks for the tip- have you ever wore them with a gi? I know you don't typically do gi, but curious.

Thanks-

I dont wear them with under a gi, but the Maxtens arent the shiny/slick kinds so it wont matter.

UnderArmour Coldgear Action Leggings.

They are the best by far, trust me. Thicker than any of the "BJJ Spats" our there. Most of them are so thin that you can see your skivvies through them. These are thick (as they're designed for cold weather) but they they don't have any of that fleecy interior liner in them.

Also, for athletes they're great as they have a drawstring. I have a very large posterior/thighs but a small waist. So EasyBay, Nike etc. never fit properly. With the Coldgears I can buy an XL and then tighten up the waist. Perfect.

I have scrambles black v2's and their urban camo ones. The urban camo ones are put together a bit nicer, but they are both amazing. What scramble rash guard do you have? I;m gonna order a scramble ranked with the 2 day free shipping from MAS but don't know what size to get.

how do those fit? pretty true to size? im thinking about buying a pair or two.

Be honest with yourself, you want to wear them because you think they look cool.:wink:

Haha, you got me! I want to wear the Scramble Rainbow Spatz everywhere I go.:icon_chee

http://www.martialartssupplies.com/scramble-water-rg.html --This is the RashGuard that I have from them. It fits more like a tight long sleeve shirt than it does a skin tight rashguard, it's very comfortable yet doesn't give any resistance and/or stretching/tearing.

how do those fit? pretty true to size? im thinking about buying a pair or two.

I wear a 32/33 jeans and had to get a size large. All my running rights are mediums. The scramble spats really don't stretch a lot.

I wear a 32/33 jeans and had to get a size large. All my running rights are mediums. The scramble spats really don't stretch a lot.

im about a 34 waist. should i go with the large or go up?

im about a 34 waist. should i go with the large or go up?

Whats your build? chubby, athletic, average?

If your chubby I might size up, but if your just average healthy build than yea a large should fit you perfectly fine.

Back