Grappling, Braces and Mouth Guards

i have braces and it fucking sucks while training.. i tried the mouth guard but i felt it restriced my breathing WAYYYYYYYY to much

so now i just roll without anything.. yeah my lip gets shredded sometimes but my lower lip skin has gotten so used to it and is now really tough so now i barely get cuts. But when i do get a cut it fucking blows.

do u think if i used the double mouthguard it would help wiht my game? Would it make me concentrate on breathing more and taking it easier?
I might try that now lol

Kinda late to the thread but wanted to give my personal input since I have braces. At first I tried going without and your lips get shredded. Now I have the shockdr one and they work like a charm.

It did feel very claustrophobic in the beginning but it helped me pay more attention to the way I breathed which I believe in the long run will be an advantage. The way I look at it is that once the braces are off and I am able to use a less restrictive guard, the time I spent controlling my breathing because of the bigger guard will make it seem like I can breathe underwater.

This probably only makes sense in my head.

Kinda late to the thread but wanted to give my personal input since I have braces. At first I tried going without and your lips get shredded. Now I have the shockdr one and they work like a charm.

It did feel very claustrophobic in the beginning but it helped me pay more attention to the way I breathed which I believe in the long run will be an advantage. The way I look at it is that once the braces are off and I am able to use a less restrictive guard, the time I spent controlling my breathing because of the bigger guard will make it seem like I can breathe underwater.

This probably only makes sense in my head.

nope, makes perfect sense. All things that I've been considering.

Back