Grant Professional Training Gloves

Congratulations! Definitely, nice looking gloves. How are the hand pockets, and making a fist? I would assume based upon their reputation and price, probably pretty nice.

:icon_chee

Thanks!

The hand pockets are not as tight as i thought they would be based on how tight the wrist area was when i tried to put the gloves on. Thought the hand pocket would be about the same. There's a little space where your pinky finger sits. But i'm sure that's because the gloves aren't broken in yet. The pockets will be molded to my hands after a few weeks or sparring i'm sure.

Oh and you can make an excellent fist, and you'll hit flush with your knuckles when you punch. The thumb won't bother you when you try to make a fist. Also you can open your palm already, they need no breaking in which is pretty cool, i've never had that with new gloves.

Great review man. Comparasion pics with reyes?

grants are probably the only gloves i never put on. i have small hands so they might be for me. i been waiting to lace up a pair for a long time.

grants are probably the only gloves i never put on. i have small hands so they might be for me. i been waiting to lace up a pair for a long time.
If you've got smaller hands you'll definitely love the Grants.

The quality of this glove is simply amazing. I never thought that the Reyes could be beat but the Grant's are a little better quality wise, although they are both amazing. One thing i really really love about this glove is the wrist support. I tried on a lot of gloves, all the top gloves out there and i haved never seen anything like that before. It almost feels like Grant put 3 iron bars in the cuff. That thing is going to protect my wrist for sure. I know that the older Grants don't have that. Same with my Reyes'. The padding in that area is really soft. You can push through it with one finger and you don't even have to put much pressure on the it. It's just very soft.

I've been avoiding Grants because I've heard complaints about the wrist support not being up to par. You telling me that this has been improved is bad news to me, because that means I may end up having to drop $200 (I think they're 180 at ringside) a new pair of sparring gloves. I've somehow managed to convince myself that I need a 4th pair of sparring gloves....

I've got a bad right hand so these in 16 may be great for me since it looks like there's alot of padding over the knuckles. Thanks for the review.

5uokm0.jpg

Air hole is much biger on Grant's. Really hot in Cletos. Man. A already waiting for my safetec to arvive. Didn't catch if this 16 CR has its own review.... but, is it mexican, wider version?

TS, my hands are in the large category I guess, definitely can't fit a 14oz glove comfortably. You think I'd fit a Grant 16oz? How bout a Cleto, same size? I really want a quality glove, just want to make sure I'd fit 'em. No one I train with has either of these brands so I can't ask to try on a glove.

I've been avoiding Grants because I've heard complaints about the wrist support not being up to par. You telling me that this has been improved is bad news to me, because that means I may end up having to drop $200 (I think they're 180 at ringside) a new pair of sparring gloves. I've somehow managed to convince myself that I need a 4th pair of sparring gloves....

I've got a bad right hand so these in 16 may be great for me since it looks like there's alot of padding over the knuckles. Thanks for the review.
No problem! Go get em if you have the dough, they're definitely worth it.

Air hole is much biger on Grant's. Really hot in Cletos. Man. A already waiting for my safetec to arvive. Didn't catch if this 16 CR has its own review.... but, is it mexican, wider version?
I forgot to mention that but don't worry the Reyes have really good ventilation. There are 5 big holes in the thumb an then where the thumb is attached to the glove there's a really big slit (right where your index finger sits) that keeps you somewhat cool.

TS, my hands are in the large category I guess, definitely can't fit a 14oz glove comfortably. You think I'd fit a Grant 16oz? How bout a Cleto, same size? I really want a quality glove, just want to make sure I'd fit 'em. No one I train with has either of these brands so I can't ask to try on a glove.

Trust me you'll have no trouble getting the Reyes on. They are very broken in right from the get go as far as stiffness etc. of course the hand pocket isn't molded to your hand just yet you have to break them in a while for that to happen. I don't even have to losen up the laces a lot in order to put them on.

I don't think you won't fit into a Grant either, 14 oz or 16 oz. It's just that the wrist area is very stiff at first, the padding is really thick and hard. It's like having a big cast on your wrist that prevents you from bending it. If you losen up the laces to max. you'll get your hands in don't worry unless you have Brock Lesnar type hands which i doubt. :icon_lol:

I've been avoiding Grants because I've heard complaints about the wrist support not being up to par. You telling me that this has been improved is bad news to me, because that means I may end up having to drop $200 (I think they're 180 at ringside) a new pair of sparring gloves.

Just a heads up man be careful. At Ringside the Grants are different than the ones they're selling at Grant Boxing if you compare the wrist area. They don't have the same wrist protection, they're totally different. Same goes for all the other sites that carry Grant gloves i think. Boxingdepot has the same gloves they're selling @ Ringside but those aren't the gloves they're selling @ GrantBoxing.com. If i were you i'd spend the extra 20 bucks and get the gloves from GrantBoxing instead of Ringside, Boxing Depot or whatever.

Same with the Reyes gloves.

Just a heads up man be careful. At Ringside the Grants are different than the ones they're selling at Grant Boxing if you compare the wrist area. They don't have the same wrist protection, they're totally different. Same goes for all the other sites that carry Grant gloves i think. Boxingdepot has the same gloves they're selling @ Ringside but those aren't the gloves they're selling @ GrantBoxing.com. If i were you i'd spend the extra 20 bucks and get the gloves from GrantBoxing instead of Ringside, Boxing Depot or whatever.

Hm.. thanks for the heads up. I checked it out and you're right. You have any idea why?

I really don't know. Reyes does the same. The Mexican Reyes are different from the ones that are being sold outside of Mexico. Why i don't know. The logo is upside down. It's silly.

i called ringside,boxing depot, and grantboxing. they all assured me that there is no difference. these 3 sites have the same parent company, and they all distribute from the address. also, the distribution from the website grant boxing is ringside. if you email a question to grantboxing, you will receive an answer from ringside. so when you call grantboxing or email them, you are talking to someone from ringside. so what made you think grantboxing has higher quality versions than other sites? please let me know as i am about to get some grants myself

Thanks! :icon_chee

i called ringside,boxing depot, and grantboxing. they all assured me that there is no difference. these 3 sites have the same parent company, and they all distribute from the address. also, the distribution from the website grant boxing is ringside. if you email a question to grantboxing, you will receive an answer from ringside. so when you call grantboxing or email them, you are talking to someone from ringside. so what made you think grantboxing has higher quality versions than other sites? please let me know as i am about to get some grants myself
Ringside didn't have the pictures up, now they do. Before they had some other Grant gloves on their site, the wrist was totally different. Now it's the same glove you see @ Grantboxing.

And Boxingdepot is still selling the older version of the gloves, they're way different.

Feel free to purchase the Ringside Grants, you can still send them back if they're not the Grants pictured on their site but i'm pretty sure it's the same glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back