Grant Professional Training Gloves

i called ringside,boxing depot, and grantboxing. they all assured me that there is no difference. these 3 sites have the same parent company, and they all distribute from the address. also, the distribution from the website grant boxing is ringside. if you email a question to grantboxing, you will receive an answer from ringside. so when you call grantboxing or email them, you are talking to someone from ringside. so what made you think grantboxing has higher quality versions than other sites? please let me know as i am about to get some grants myself

This is true; I think acually Grant's sales/business are completely managed by Ringside.

Ringside didn't have the pictures up, now they do. Before they had some other Grant gloves on their site, the wrist was totally different. Now it's the same glove you see @ Grantboxing.

And Boxingdepot is still selling the older version of the gloves, they're way different.

Feel free to purchase the Ringside Grants, you can still send them back if they're not the Grants pictured on their site but i'm pretty sure it's the same glove.

Currently, Ringside had the new Grant's models' pictures up one or two months before Grantboxing; the latter updated their website only recently. Also, CSI (I guess everyone knows that Ringside and CSI are the same company) still has the old Grants' pictures in their site; I think they simply have not yet updated their website...

so the grant's from boxing depot for $150 are exactly the same as the $200 grants on ringside?
Take it with a grain of salt. Like i said, they still have the old Grants pictured and those Grants back then were 150 bucks on every website, even Grantboxing. The new Grants are more expensive. Not even Ringside lets them go for 150. And at Grantboxing they're 200. If they just "forgot" to update the pictures then i don't know how they didn't "forget" to update their prices.

Thanks for the awesome review Gonzaginator! awesome pics as well. For anyone interested, I've emailed boxingdepot and asked them if they are selling the newer Grant's or the old ones. This applies to both the training gloves @ $149.99 and the super bag gloves @ 139.99. I'll post their response in this thread when they reply.

I've also posted the questions on the product page of the gloves at boxingdepot.com, so we'll know soon. They'd be a great buy at that price if they are in fact the newer versions.

Edit: 10 minutes after I posted this the bag gloves jumped up to $179.95 but still have the old stock picture posted. Weird.

Last edited:
From Boxingdepot.com, referring to Training gloves and Bag gloves respectively.

Aaron- "Thanks, Denno. We have the new style Grant gloves, we will be changing the images on the website shortly."

TMArtist- "We are rolling into the newer models and will be updating the images shortly."

So it seems they DO have the new Grant's in stock. Will have to wait and see if they change the prices as well, but so far their price is already better than Ringside. I might have to get a pair of these I think based on Gonzaginator's review. They look great!

Thanks for clearing that up, i know some guys were wondering about that including myself. Let's see what happens with the price now but it'll probably go up as well if they haven't updated the site yet. They went up @ Grantboxing and @ Ringside as well. Hopefully not though. :D

Thanks for clearing that up, i know some guys were wondering about that including myself. Let's see what happens with the price now but it'll probably go up as well if they haven't updated the site yet. They went up @ Grantboxing and @ Ringside as well. Hopefully not though. :D

No problem at all, I'm still considering getting these, but after getting shipping quotes to Australia I'm not so sure. The cheapest I can get from Title/Ringside/Boxingdepot for a SINGLE pair of gloves is $90US!! Damn!! So a pair of Grant's at full price (which like you said will probably go up soon) will cost near $300US!!

That's a dealbreaker for me I think. I guess it's either Reyes via Ebay or pull the trigger on a pair of Winning (it is my birthday soon). Gonz, can you offer any comparison between Grant and Winning? I know you prefer Grant to Reyes. Any help would be appreciated.

That sucks man. 300 would be too much even for myself. :icon_neut

Winnings are great but personally i'm not a huge fan. To me they are too flat and wide, they are pretty big (but very light). So it's weird. They offer excellent protection however. You can't really feel your first when you punch though. Not sure if you want to spend 300 bucks on them unless you don't really have to worry about money. But if it's a birthday kind of thing where you would spend all your cash on a pair of gloves i'd say go for something else. Reyes maybe? Ringside IMF Tech?

That sucks man. 300 would be too much even for myself. :icon_neut

Winnings are great but personally i'm not a huge fan. To me they are too flat and wide, they are pretty big (but very light). So it's weird. They offer excellent protection however. You can't really feel your first when you punch though. Not sure if you want to spend 300 bucks on them unless you don't really have to worry about money. But if it's a birthday kind of thing where you would spend all your cash on a pair of gloves i'd say go for something else. Reyes maybe? Ringside IMF Tech?

Top notch advice again dude, let me clarify a few points

- Money is not an option, it's just that the shipping costs I mentioned before mean even the IMF's would cost $200US. The only reason money became an issue with the Grant's is they are $300US but only $200 of that is glove price. Winnings might also cost me $300, but $280 of that is all glove. Know what I mean?

- In regards to the width factor, that's not a great concern. Many complain Reyes are too wide, but I find them a great fit. I recently gave my old 16's to a friend to use on his newly setup heavy bag. Hence the need for new gloves.

- Lastly, I rate protection pretty highly. I'm an amateur boxer who competes so it's nice to have the padding there for long sessions. My MAIN concern with Winning is durability, I don't want to drop $300 on gloves that won't last. That's fine for pros, but I can't justify it. I've looked around reviews and asked guys like ECS and the guy from ratethisgear, but no one has had them for more than a year so it's hard to judge their durability. Grant has good reviews in this regard, hence my interest.

Sorry for the long winded response, but you've provided some of the best information on gloves I've found on anywhere on the net, so I'm really interested in your opinion. :icon_chee

Thanks. :icon_lol:

- I know but really the Winnings aren't worth more than the Grants. The smaller Winnings cost 200 bucks and that's what the Grants cost. That's what all the Winnings should cost. Suddenly you pay 300 for the bigger Winnings, totally overpriced. For no reason. They should just ask for 200 for all their gloves.

- They are sort of like the Reyes but flatter and a little wider. If you don't mind that then i'd say go for it there's nothing wrong with them except for the price and how wide they are but that doesn't make them bad some people prefer wider gloves.

- I don't think you have to worry about the durability of Winning gloves, the quality is excellent. I haven't done any studies of course so i can't tell for sure but i haven't really heard anybody complain about their gloves. Their headgear is made of fake leather i could see how that would not last long if you don't take care of it but the gloves should hold up just like the Reyes and Grant.

Thanks. :icon_lol:

- I know but really the Winnings aren't worth more than the Grants. The smaller Winnings cost 200 bucks and that's what the Grants cost. That's what all the Winnings should cost. Suddenly you pay 300 for the bigger Winnings, totally overpriced. For no reason. They should just ask for 200 for all their gloves.

- They are sort of like the Reyes but flatter and a little wider. If you don't mind that then i'd say go for it there's nothing wrong with them except for the price and how wide they are but that doesn't make them bad some people prefer wider gloves.

- I don't think you have to worry about the durability of Winning gloves, the quality is excellent. I haven't done any studies of course so i can't tell for sure but i haven't really heard anybody complain about their gloves. Their headgear is made of fake leather i could see how that would not last long if you don't take care of it but the gloves should hold up just like the Reyes and Grant.

Thanks again man, these are terrific answers! You make a great point about going from 8oz gloves ($205) to 16oz ($280). That's a big jump, and hard to reasonably justify.

Grant's look a little more compact which is very appealing, but I've seen reviews about the interior lining being problematic. If they ship to Australia and that problem occurs I'm screwed as it will cost me hundreds more for shipping exchanges. That's a big risk.

I think I'll have to go with Winning, simply because other than price there's really nothing bad you can say about them (other than the width which actually suits me). I'm particularly grateful you were able to have some input on the durability, that was by far my main concern.

Will post a review when I pick some up next month, I'm thinking 12oz Velcro for bag/pads and 16oz lace for sparring. Will also pick up a no-foul protector and a headgear, I want to wait until I've decided between the 2900 and the FG-5000.

Lastly, I'll post some pics of when my Fiancee cuts up my credit card, throws me out of the house with my Winning gear, and tells me to come back when I've found a cheaper hobby. :icon_chee

Thanks again dude! Keep your reviews coming!

Top notch advice again dude, let me clarify a few points

- Money is not an option, it's just that the shipping costs I mentioned before mean even the IMF's would cost $200US. The only reason money became an issue with the Grant's is they are $300US but only $200 of that is glove price. Winnings might also cost me $300, but $280 of that is all glove. Know what I mean?

- In regards to the width factor, that's not a great concern. Many complain Reyes are too wide, but I find them a great fit. I recently gave my old 16's to a friend to use on his newly setup heavy bag. Hence the need for new gloves.

- Lastly, I rate protection pretty highly. I'm an amateur boxer who competes so it's nice to have the padding there for long sessions. My MAIN concern with Winning is durability, I don't want to drop $300 on gloves that won't last. That's fine for pros, but I can't justify it. I've looked around reviews and asked guys like ECS and the guy from ratethisgear, but no one has had them for more than a year so it's hard to judge their durability. Grant has good reviews in this regard, hence my interest.

Sorry for the long winded response, but you've provided some of the best information on gloves I've found on anywhere on the net, so I'm really interested in your opinion. :icon_chee

as far as durability is concerned.... winnings is top notch. that shit last forever. its synthetic leather but that shit got that asian technology!! ;) im dead serious. once the padding breaks in.... these gloves are like pillows. they last for a long time.

as far as durability is concerned.... winnings is top notch. that shit last forever. its synthetic leather but that shit got that asian technology!! ;) im dead serious. once the padding breaks in.... these gloves are like pillows. they last for a long time.

Thanks for the info dude, sent you a PM. I was very interested in the durability as I've heard nothing but good things about the Grant's (this review was no exception). What have you used Winnings for (bag/sparring etc?) Can you compare to Grant?

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm sure others might be interested to know a comparison as they are generally considered the 2 top end brands.:icon_chee

how the hell do you guys know how long they last? nobody has them. the only reason we assume they last a long time is because nobody complains . . . because nobody has them!

:\ i own a winnings headgear and guys at my gym have the gloves. i seen tons of guys uses them and they look like they been thru hell and back.

gonz, how have your grants been holding up? you've had them for quite a while now, but then again you've got around 20 gloves to choose from.:icon_twis

Back