• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GRAN TURISMO 7 - worth getting?

giving the game a shot now....my first race was a demolition derby...on ride-on fucking lawnmowers. hilarity ensued. got 12 wrecks and won by a landslide. could have gotten more except i was at critical damage near the end of the thing and i dont know what happens if i get completely annihilated so i spent the last little bit just avoiding everybody but still accidentilly wrecking a couple racers.

yeah i can get into this one alright.

One suggestion - Turn on the damage from 'normal' to 'realistic' or 'extreme.'

It doesn't just effect your damage done to you or you do to others, it effects EVERY car.

It'll make races tougher & easier.... tougher to survive but easier to win.

Trust me.

One suggestion - Turn on the damage from 'normal' to 'realistic' or 'extreme.'

It doesn't just effect your damage done to you or you do to others, it effects EVERY car.

It'll make races tougher & easier.... tougher to survive but easier to win.

Trust me.

havent tried that yet but my 2nd event was a 24 car demolition derby fight to the finish...6 wrecks and i ended up winning with just a sliver of "health" left. this shit is wild

havent tried that yet but my 2nd event was a 24 car demolition derby fight to the finish...6 wrecks and i ended up winning with just a sliver of "health" left. this shit is wild

Its both easy to 'pick up & play' and as you get into it its a surprisingly deep racing game beyond the destruction.

Hell, the 'demolition derby' portions are, surprisingly, the weakest aspect of the game.

Its both easy to 'pick up & play' and as you get into it its a surprisingly deep racing game beyond the destruction.

Hell, the 'demolition derby' portions are, surprisingly, the weakest aspect of the game.

those were the first 2 i ended up doing and i aint complaining. all the days spent driving dirty in forza is starting to pay off for me. now i can finally be rewarded for driving like an asshole!

Last edited:
those were the first 2 i ended up doing and i aint complaining. all the days spent driving dirty in forza is starting to pay off for me. now i can finally be rewarded for driving like an asshole!

I mean they're fun, at first, but soon you'll be craving deeper gameplay than 'crash into other cars to fuck up their shit.'

I mean they're fun, at first, but soon you'll be craving deeper gameplay than 'crash into other cars to fuck up their shit.'

i dunno man. i'm a couch racer, but right now i am quite literally racing on a couch

i cant get that in forza or gran turismo lol this game is hilarious so far

not sure if this is a bug in the game or if they are just trolling me. one of the cpu guys just brought a combine harvester into a lawnmower race. somehow i dont believe that it is entering the race with the intentions of winning.

nope. the combine harvester is most definately not there to win. thats a light way to put it. ive had to restart 4 times now thanks to it t-boning me in the middle of the figure 8 track. what a fucking cock.

Last edited:
not sure if this is a bug in the game or if they are just trolling me. one of the cpu guys just brought a combine harvester into a lawnmower race.

bork1}

nope. the combine harvester is most definately not there to win. thats a light way to put it. ive had to restart 4 times now thanks to it t-boning me in the middle of the figure 8 track. what a fucking cock.

Figure 8 tracks are some of the best.

Especially the dirt Figure 8 at the beginning.
With 24 cars on a 1/4th mile track, its hilarious destructive chaos.

bork1}

Figure 8 tracks are some of the best.

Especially the dirt Figure 8 at the beginning.
With 24 cars on a 1/4th mile track, its hilarious destructive chaos.

yeah its hilarious. until its me that ends up just cruising along minding my own business and getting tboned

yeah its hilarious. until its me that ends up just cruising along minding my own business and getting tboned

Also, when you start doing you own exhibitions.... elimination races are 10/10, especially with the damage set to extreme.

Races with 24 cars only last a few minutes, regardless of how many laps on the track.

Also, when you start doing you own exhibitions.... elimination races are 10/10, especially with the damage set to extreme.

Races with 24 cars only last a few minutes, regardless of how many laps on the track.

i havent even figured out how to set the damage yet. it took me a while to figure out how to change the AI driver difficulty and turn off driving assists. i found the settings buried in the menus at the start of the race, but i never seen it anywhere in the main menu options before. usually thats one of the first things i look for in a racing game after im done adjusting my controller and graphics settings. i wondered why i was winning every god damn race with ease. i really wasnt sensing a whole lotta challenge until i got to the couch racing one but now i think ive got it dialed in a little better

i havent even figured out how to set the damage yet. it took me a while to figure out how to change the AI driver difficulty and turn off driving assists. i found the settings buried in the menus at the start of the race, but i never seen it anywhere in the main menu options before. usually thats one of the first things i look for in a racing game after im done adjusting my controller and graphics settings. i wondered why i was winning every god damn race with ease. i really wasnt sensing a whole lotta challenge until i got to the couch racing one but now i think ive got it dialed in a little better

Off the top of my head, since I've played it ALOT... under 'create event' it has the type of race in the 'event options' as well as how often the car in last place gets eliminated, the AI of the vehicle, and the damage options.

Off the top of my head, since I've played it ALOT... under 'create event' it has the type of race in the 'event options' as well as how often the car in last place gets eliminated, the AI of the vehicle, and the damage options.

yeah i'll have to look for it. i hope its somewhere in the game options for the campaign thing or whatever and not just for online races and custom events.

ive got the game fired up but im on the other pc right now still internetting and reading stuff about the game trying to figure out which cars i should be buying and upgrading and stuff.

right now as it stands ive only got the rocket starting car, a lawnmower, a couch, and the tristar - which is apparently supposed to be decent even though my starting cars stats seems to be way better in C class, and any upgrades on the tristar puts it in a B class, so i guess i gotta advance a little further until i start racing higher classes before i can really upgrade the tristar to be decent. theres only a few events in the first part that i havent finished, i think i have to buy a european car to do one of them so yeah i didnt really get too far at all in but im gonna go hard on it tonight

the games pretty hilarious though the last course i was on got chaotic just like the figure 8's. only this time we're on a tiny little track with jumps and shit where you gotta keep turning around and going back the other way and theres all these other cars coming at you and shit. even if you stay to the right some of them still end up getting slammed by other racers and they veer off right into me hitting them head-on

i find this game very amusing. im gonna have a hard time going back to racing sims after i get done with this lol. i'll probably end up getting myself banned from online play.

at least in forza they finally straightened things out and slowed your car down to a crawl for 5 seconds and give you time penalties now for griefing other racers online and ramming into them. though sometimes i am still able to use other players as my brakes around corners and spin them out, so long as i keep my speed and angle in line with them. its alot trickier to pull it off now though. i cant just go balls to the wall straight into them and tbone them when they have slowed down to take corners like i could back in the glory days. i tried to say "Rubbing is racing" in response to the hate mail i would constantly receive, but none of them were buying any of it. i race like an asshole lol. even in GTA Online i spent most of the time in that game doing races and just being a prick.

i kinda learned that by instinct after all the times the cpu would try to cheap me out in earlier iterations of forza and especially gran turismo. i would have to do shit like wipe other cpu drivers out on corners or do pit maneuvers on some of the cars and just totally block them off otherwise on higher difficulty settings unless i was using the perfect upgraded car and tune they would just blow right by me and i could never catch up and would have to keep restarting. having to race dirty against the AI has turned me into a griefer. these days i cant naturally go a race without knocking a few cpu racers off the course and often taking myself out of the race by doing so.so a game like this is right up my alley

Last edited:
lol this games getting wilder the farther i get but the figure 8 tracks are starting to demotivate me when i keep getting t-boned by shit i cant even see flying into the side of me lol. come on you guys lay off a little its the 4th lap of a 3 round battle and im just trying to race clean this time i swear!

had to restart that one a few times but this gremlin seems to be somewhat decent anyways

got to the challengers 3rd portion of the career now and LOL now ive got a school bus.

Last edited:
Back