gracie barra fundamentals dvd

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
has anyone seen this whats it like?

how does it compare to roy deans blue belt requirements?

Get Mastering the Rubber guard instead, and a gram of weed. Trust me dude, it's worth it.

nope!!!! i'm inflexible prefer top game and i dont touch that crap.

I got the GB Fundamentals disc mostly for the self-defense stuff to review for testing. That's NOT in the Roy Dean stuff, but it's not stuff that I really train much. (Obviously, or I wouldn't have needed it.)

The lessons are all clearly demonstrated, but the organization of it is geared more towards the individual classes more than watching straight through.

If you're interested, I broke down all the techniques it covers:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...STdidUFOQUl2alNLLVVTNHc&hl=en&authkey=CNLh71w

As you can see if you peruse the list, some of the techniques are repeated through the course of the discs. Some of them show up 3 or even 4 times. (Click on the "count tab" to see exact counts.) Though I figure the things they repeat that many times are ones that ought to be focused on.

If I just had to get one, I'd get Roy Dean Blue Belt Reqs, especially for personal training use. If you're needing a curriculum to teach/follow, the fundamentals discs would make more sense, as BB Reqs doesn't really lay out class plans like the GB one.

A friend of mine has the GB Fundamentals disk. He mainly uses it for his kid who is 5 and trains at a GB school. I believe it covers the GB Fundamentals curriculum as its taught in the Gracie Barra official schools here in SoCal, which should be for the first 6 months or so of training. At all the official GB schools once you get your 3rd stripe you can (and most do) move on to the Advanced classes.

This would likely cover a lot of basic self-defense scenarios and the basics of guard, guard passing, basic submissions and a couple basic sweeps. Not going to be any of the 'fancier' guards, setups ect. Would be excellent if you are new to bjj and want guidance for home workouts and drilling though.

Roy Deans blue belt requirements and Braulio Estimas CageFilm.com series are two of the "basic" instructionals which have helped me out a ton.

I wasn't super impressed with the GB Fundamentals series.

has anyone seen this whats it like?

how does it compare to roy deans blue belt requirements?

though i haven't seen GB, I have Roy's Blue and Purple belt requirements and I can say they're way better and organize than Cesar Gracies (I also have that, as well as Cobrinha's) Second in my list is Renzo's.

I hear there is a hidden easter egg where Carlos jr. and Marcio Feitosa have a Burns/Smithers-style moneyfight.

money-fight-burns-smithers-simpsons.jpg

If you haven't checked out roy dean, you definitely should. It covers the basics really well.

Guys, i know it's a little off topic but how does the GB fundamentals and Roy Dean's BB requirements compare to Gracie Combatives? I like how Rener and Ryron break things down and keep it engaging. Thanks

Very nice thanks for sharing.

Did you do the same with other instructionals?

Not yet. Part of the reason I did it with the GB discs were so hard to wrap my head around (even with the included handout). It's not organized into straightforward sections.

Not yet. Part of the reason I did it with the GB discs were so hard to wrap my head around (even with the included handout). It's not organized into straightforward sections.

It would be interesting to take your breakdown and organize it into a flow, with references to the lessons. I've in mind something like the game plans done by the now dead mmaembrace.

I'll search and post it.

Guys, i know it's a little off topic but how does the GB fundamentals and Roy Dean's BB requirements compare to Gracie Combatives? I like how Rener and Ryron break things down and keep it engaging. Thanks
Haven't seen GB's, but have trained in Gracie combatives. Roy's BB requirements pretty much have a very smooth learning/training flow leaning towards competition, while Gracie's approach is more on street self-defense because every move has to be wary of opponent's PUNCHES. You have to check the punches, headbutt or any strikes before you go for submission.

I got the GB Fundamentals disc mostly for the self-defense stuff to review for testing. That's NOT in the Roy Dean stuff, but it's not stuff that I really train much. (Obviously, or I wouldn't have needed it.)

The lessons are all clearly demonstrated, but the organization of it is geared more towards the individual classes more than watching straight through.

If you're interested, I broke down all the techniques it covers:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...STdidUFOQUl2alNLLVVTNHc&hl=en&authkey=CNLh71w

As you can see if you peruse the list, some of the techniques are repeated through the course of the discs. Some of them show up 3 or even 4 times. (Click on the "count tab" to see exact counts.) Though I figure the things they repeat that many times are ones that ought to be focused on.

If I just had to get one, I'd get Roy Dean Blue Belt Reqs, especially for personal training use. If you're needing a curriculum to teach/follow, the fundamentals discs would make more sense, as BB Reqs doesn't really lay out class plans like the GB one.
well that sure is a balance opinion......hahaha jk man.

Haven't seen GB's, but have trained in Gracie combatives. Roy's BB requirements pretty much have a very smooth learning/training flow leaning towards competition, while Gracie's approach is more on street self-defense because every move has to be wary of opponent's PUNCHES. You have to check the punches, headbutt or any strikes before you go for submission.

Thank you!

Back