• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GPS would have schooled Usman or Colby

It matters becuz GSP nuthuggers are giving usman no respect in this potential matchup. GSP has lost to Serra, Hughes and arguably Hendricks. He is beatable.

Everyone is beatable...it should be easy to ignore the idiots who claim otherwise.

It still makes little sense pointing to losses (Serra, Hughes) from THAT long ago when assessing a fighter today. Imagine how silly people would have looked pointing to Anderson Silva's loss to Chonan as some kind of compelling evidence that he was 'beatable' when he was running through the UFC MW division for years lol. Hendricks is also a very different fighter than either Colby or Usman.

I have yet to see anyone at WW better than prime GSP. That’s just pure greatness

I do think that the average MMA fighter is better now so the chances of GSP losing an “upset” would be higher

GSP could have beat Colby and Woodley probably, hard to tell about Usman but I’d like to favor Georges.

Colby doesn’t have the best takedown defense and relies on volume to make up for striking deficiencies, GSP could have either wrestled him or out struck him.

Woodley just backs himself up to the fence and tries to land one big shot, GSP’s teammate Rory just out struck him very easily and I bet GSP would use a similar gameplan although probably relying more on his Jab lol

Usman would have been a tough matchup, he has never been taken down by anyone so far, and he is extremely strong and a great counter-wrestler. His striking isn’t K-1 levels lol but he is actually a decent puncher with good power and has one hell of a chin, his defense would be a problem though.

I’d like to think GSP would neutralize the wrestling and just win the striking, but the Hendricks fight gives me some worry, because if Usman was able to get him on the fence he could probably lay a beat down on him like he did to Woodley and RDA.

If by "schools" you mean, "taught them French"...then, I agree.

Jarl

I am the furthest thing from a GSP fan, but no. GSP would ruin Usman.

Even a prime GSP would lose. He wouldn't be able to take Usman down and be forced to stand with him where he would get battered. Usman would either walk GSP down or smother him against the cage and have a strong possibility of getting the finish

Ah, so that's why GSP refused to fight Woodley or any other WW Contender and instead cherry-picked the weakest champ in MW History only to vacate the belt afterwards.

Hell, I agree that he'd beat all 3 of em. But this thread is silly considering GSP did not want anything to do with any of them. Also wrong forum, there's a forum called fantasy match-up discussion for this type of thread.

He went for Bisping because he was the MW champion at the time and he wanted to grab the two weight champ accolade. Danaher and Firas both have said they made they decision to fight for the MW strap before Bisping was champion.

Also, Bisping is immensely underrated. Knowing what we know about Rockhold's hittability and cockiness now, are you confident his win was as flukey?

Not sure about Colby, but GSP would lose to Usman
What exactly do you see Usman doing to him that he hasn't seen and dominated before just out of curiosity?

Usman gets wrecked by GSP standing and I personally have my doubts he does what Fitch, Sherk, Hughes, Shields, Kos and Hendrix's failed to do and out grapples him.

Honestly, how do you see that fight playing out resulting in a Usman win prime vs prime?.... Break it down for me dude.

Even a prime GSP would lose. He wouldn't be able to take Usman down and be forced to stand with him where he would get battered. Usman would either walk GSP down or smother him against the cage and have a strong possibility of getting the finish
Lol, are you serious? GSP would eat him alive standing.

This is pure delusion. These guys are on another level. I don't think he could beat all the Strikeforce era guys but he could have beaten some. Marty and Colby are on another level than GSP. I can't see GSP beating Woodley who was the sort of well rounded opponent GSP hadn't had to face at 170.

GSP fled the division in terror from Johnny Hendricks. I don't really think anything else needs to be said.

sorry, kid. you provided nothing but your asinine, blind and biased vision.

I provided the argument about wrestling, giving you the list of all champions (but one) being a wrestler.
All you could do is try to change the subject with offenses, since you had no counterargument.

That alone proves you know you are wrong.
your argument with wrestling does not stand for mma. see? you need to be a complete MMA artist . and usman and colby are not. simple. they cannot box, kickbox, they cannot stand up. They are lucky the WW division is in a poor state.

didnt see any fat on gsp body. you can never say the word fat with gso,.
i can say and i can show

umecIQP.jpg

whats the problem ? :)) this enforces my argumentation

GSP would demolish both right now. Colby especially.

Usada gsp that fought bisping loses to colby and usman, these fellas now days got too much cardio for usada gsp

your argument with wrestling does not stand for mma. see? you need to be a complete MMA artist . and usman and colby are not. simple. they cannot box, kickbox, they cannot stand up. They are lucky the WW division is in a poor state.
And yet the fact that 7 out of 8 champions come from a wrestling background proves Wrestling is the common factor & thus the dominant martial art.
The fact you call luck is asinine in its own self, since they climbed the rankings by beating everyone in their path, including guys considered elite.

But don't let facts distract you. You know better, right?

Prime GSP was at least 2x what Usman and Colby are, my friend

And yet the fact that 7 out of 8 champions come from a wrestling background proves Wrestling is the common factor & thus the dominant martial art.
The fact you call luck is asinine in its own self, since they climbed the rankings by beating everyone in their path, including guys considered elite.

But don't let facts distract you. You know better, right?

"Wrestling is the common factor & thus the dominant martial art." => ok, BUT this does not mean 100% wrestling is used in MMA.
you need a combination of striking, wrestling, BJJ etc. you do NOT rely only on w

Seems the boxing embarrassment between Usman and Colby..... man you realize GSP would not have been in any difficult situation against them..... UD

ThriftyWindingHornet-max-1mb.gif

58fb9886a8a1235349c21895d33fb2677e0c244b.gifv

FabulousMessyAbyssiniangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

I am not saying it was not a fun fight to watch......I am just saying they are at a low level of boxing

GPS is so good compared to those guys
GSP looked worst vs Shields.

It's what happens sometimes when two insanely strong grapplers face off.

"Wrestling is the common factor & thus the dominant martial art." => ok, BUT this does not mean 100% wrestling is used in MMA.
you need a combination of striking, wrestling, BJJ etc. you do NOT rely only on w
again, that's merely common sense. Obviously MMA is not only wrestling (or else would be called... wrestling).

But you can't deny that even the most "pure wrestlers" among them beat top contenders with different styles and made do with their wrestling.

The fact you claim they should not win does not change the fact that they did.
They found ways to impose their wrestling (on non-wrestlers), and to beat other wrestlers with their standup, however bad you may claim it is.
You can't deny their success. And if you claim it is per chance or luck, then it is only your (biased) opinion and nothing more.

Back