Got to admit i miss Benson as a Champion

But bro isn't Pettis so awesome when he fights once every winter solstice?

He's without a doubt the second best and takes on all comers but no Pettis is better.

This is something MMA fans will have a very very hard time understanding the concept of, but just because Pettis has beaten Benson twice, doesn't mean he's actually the better fighter.

All around, I think Benson is the better fighter and more well rounded. I think if you have them fight the same 10 opponents, you'll see Benson come out with a better record than Pettis (just look at Clay Guida as a perfect example)

and I also think Benson can definitely beat Pettis. Yes, I saw every second of the last fight and wow what a great performance by Pettis, but Henderson can beat him.

He doesn't need to take it back from Pettis. I don't know where this idea of Pettis's invincibility came from. Everybody thought guys like Anderson, GSP, Jones, and Barao had no worthwhile competition. Remember how that turned out? And Pettis hasn't shown the career consistency that those guys have. I wouldn't be surprised if Pettis isn't the champ this time next year.

pettis already dominated benson twice, took his soul and everythin thats why hes invicnible aginst him

Most champions are hurt. Guys like benson fight whenever. Hardly top level fighters like him.

This is something MMA fans will have a very very hard time understanding the concept of, but just because Pettis has beaten Benson twice, doesn't mean he's actually the better fighter.

All around, I think Benson is the better fighter and more well rounded. I think if you have them fight the same 10 opponents, you'll see Benson come out with a better record than Pettis (just look at Clay Guida as a perfect example)

and I also think Benson can definitely beat Pettis. Yes, I saw every second of the last fight and wow what a great performance by Pettis, but Henderson can beat him.

This. Superman can't defeat Kryptonite but does that make Kryptonite superior to him overall?

He doesn't need to take it back from Pettis. I don't know where this idea of Pettis's invincibility came from. Everybody thought guys like Anderson, GSP, Jones, and Barao had no worthwhile competition. Remember how that turned out? And Pettis hasn't shown the career consistency that those guys have. I wouldn't be surprised if Pettis isn't the champ this time next year.

I never said Pettis was invincible but I've said for years that he's the most talented lightweight in the world and absolutely no one has been able
to figure him out (Guida stalling for the whole fight and getting out worked while maintaining top position in a 3 round fight doesn't convince me of much, especially now that he will be competing in 5 round fights). There's a very good chance Pettis will hold the belt for a good while.

I'm starting to think that a-lot of these fighters pretend to be injured just to hold the belt.

Guida landed far more shots on Bendo than he did on Pettis.

Another example could be Cowboy who didn't even last a full round with Pettis yet went 5 rounds in a competitive fight with Bendo.

I think Pettis is far more well rounded than Bendo, he has no glaring weakness whereas Bendo has a lacking boxing game (especially when it comes to throwing multi-punch combos).

Last edited:
pettis already dominated benson twice, took his soul and everythin thats why hes invicnible aginst him

i woulnt call their first fight domination... it was very close until the showtime kick

Melendez will beat him don't worry

No.1 Never see a champ fight
No.2 Champ keeps the belt after he loses.

It's a hard question

No thanks. His fights are boring.

this.

he is one of those guys that once he gets the title, he's gonna fight to not lose and only game plan around decision wins.

Haha this is true, love him or hate him Ben stayed busy. This division would feel much less stagnant (not saying it is now) if Pettis were fighting every few months too.

And we need TJ Grant back. God damnit I miss TJ Grant.

This. Superman can't defeat Kryptonite but does that make Kryptonite superior to him overall?

There's nothing to suggest that this logic applies to Pettis and Henderson. They've fought similar competition, and the fact that Pettis beat Bendo twice can't just be ignored when discussing who the better fighter is, especially considering how decisive the second fight was.

i just do not understand how people find bendo's fights to be boring... has always been one of my favorite fighters to watch. he's not supremely talented like silva or jones. but every single fight he's in is a dog fight ,and he always shows up and fights his heart out. he has a very rockyish vibe to him.

Back