Got to admit i miss Benson as a Champion

I was happy Pettis won it but now I'm feelin the same way if anthony wanna sit out give the belt back to Bendo he'll teach him how to be a champ

At least Bendo fights. Benson has fought twice since Pettis has won the title.

bendo was fighting, but his split decision wins were a headache

pettis already dominated benson twice, took his soul and everythin thats why hes invicnible aginst him

Ummm, no. The first fight was back and forth and the showtime kick won Pettis the fight, had that kick not landed Ben might have gotten the nod, especially since he was the current champ.

Guida landed far more shots on Bendo than he did on Pettis.

Another example could be Cowboy who didn't even last a full round with Pettis yet went 5 rounds in a competitive fight with Bendo.

I think Pettis is far more well rounded than Bendo, he has no glaring weakness whereas Bendo has a lacking boxing game (especially when it comes to throwing multi-punch combos).

Ok, and how about that rematch where Benson subbed Cerrone in the first?

Funny how people pick and choose what they want to remember in order to discredit Ben. Dude is a great fighter and always brings it. He may not get tons of finishes nowadays, but he still puts on shows.

Let's not get carried away also that Rustam isn't that well of a proven top fighter.

Honestly, I don't understand all the hate on Benson. Personally, I love watching him fight. The dude put on some shows back in the day against Cerrone and Pettis. So many people love St-Pierre, yet, he does not finish fights either.

as much as I hate to say it, yes.

Also why is Askren #1 on your list? His last several fights have been stoppages and like buzzsaw through his competition. You have to admit it was funny and entertaining to see him dominate that overrated Russian guy for like 10-6 rounds.

Askren has been going hard lately.

I'd say Jose Aldo is more boring than Ben Askren by a mile at the moment with past performances.

I'm starting to think that a-lot of these fighters pretend to be injured just to hold the belt.

Reminds me of Wanderlei holding the Pride belt for 6 years but only defending it 5 times.

No thank you. I can' stand him churning out split many decision he should have arguably lost.

Agreed. Holding up the entire lightweight title picture is frustrating.

This is something MMA fans will have a very very hard time understanding the concept of, but just because Pettis has beaten Benson twice, doesn't mean he's actually the better fighter.

All around, I think Benson is the better fighter and more well rounded. I think if you have them fight the same 10 opponents, you'll see Benson come out with a better record than Pettis (just look at Clay Guida as a perfect example)

and I also think Benson can definitely beat Pettis. Yes, I saw every second of the last fight and wow what a great performance by Pettis, but Henderson can beat him.

Your best example is how Dennis Hallman has Matt Hughes' number

Sure. Great guy, skilled, has his mind right and stays healthy and in shape even he's got no fight scheduled. Always ready for a battle. It's crazy that he always got blame and not the judges.

Back