Got my...

Rilock4

Orange Belt
Reaction score
first stripe on my white belt tonight. Been training for about 2-3 months at one or two times a week, with about a half of a month off because of an injury.

I have 3 months with my white belt and then left for school. I MAY be a non-stripe white belt for over a year.

Good job though TS.

I have 3 months with my white belt and then left for school. I MAY be a non-stripe white belt for over a year.

Good job though TS.

Find people at your school who train. Post a note on a buletain board or something and keep rolling. There is sure to be atleast 1 legit blue or purple who can help you.

Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

lol I got my first stripe a year ago from Daniel Wanderley and after switching schools and training for over a year, I still only have a single stripe. Don't matter though, I just love training.

Stick with it man.

what does a stripe actually mean?

can you tie your belt in under a minute? can you finish the warm-up? I'd like to know.

Find people at your school who train. Post a note on a buletain board or something and keep rolling. There is sure to be atleast 1 legit blue or purple who can help you.

Oh I am still working out. Just going to the BJJ and the Judo clubs. At home I get both in one spot.

I just figure by the time summer break rolls around I will be a white belt still even though I will have around a year of practice.

One stripe! Woot!!! Time to quit while you're ahead!

Seriously, congrats, and I hope you stick with it!!!

No one really cares about stripes, especially white belt level.

Trained on and off about 3 years. Still havent received a stripe. Congrats ts.

what does a stripe actually mean?

can you tie your belt in under a minute? can you finish the warm-up? I'd like to know.
I was curious about that too. After looking around, it seems the criteria varies among those that do award stripes; Since not everyone does this.

The most common seems to be for good attendance and/or progress over the number of months involved. Like most ranking systems that use them, I surmise it is mostly just a carrot i.e. a way to encourage you to keeping going.

Congrats! it always feels good to have something show progress, Fuck the haters

blood stains = my stripes

inb4 wash your belt

congrats OP

Back