Got my first stripe today.

This thread is useless without pics.

J/k. Maybe everyone that gets a stripe came just piggyback on this thread. That way everyone can still get an attaboy but we don't have to have a dozen new 'I got a stripe' threads each week.

Otherwise, take your stripe and BJJ memes over to Reddit. They'll up vote your first stripe thread.

Yes, Reddit indeed loves that kind of stuff.

Congrats TS. It's nice to finally have some kind of 'rank' - although low, that isn't purely assigned to complete beginners. Now you're just a beginner!

Any sort of promotion has a feel good factor regardless of experience. So whenever einarr gets graded up I hope he doesn't come on hear to tell all as quite frankly I don't give a shit.

Really? How the fuck is this thread worthy? Might as well make a thread about how you managed to dress yourself this morning without any help.

You're a fucking dickhead.

Last edited:
When einarr unleashes his deadly takedowns he won't give a shit about your friendly manner.

Lol! I knew someone was gonna chime in and mention the lameness of making a thread for a first stripe. Don't worry guys I'm not gonna start a thread each time I get a stripe, I figured it was worth it because a first stripe is your very first step in the journey. My next promotion thread will be when I hit blue. And even then I'm sure Einar will chime in lmao!

Oh pics?

Thanks a lot guys!

Not every thread needs to be about a trendy, new, impractical, low percentage, guard sweep.

For what it's worth, Einarr hates those threads too.

He likes threads where he can rage about the lack of masculinity in modern culture, boast about how he's slept with ALMOST 20 women (some for free!) despite a period of self-imposed celibacy, or threaten to shoot people with his crossbow (because guns aren't allowed in the Frozen Northland).

Einarr also enjoys shitting on guard pulling and especially on the super-duper gay double guard pull leg spaghetti footsie game.

Above all, he ESPECIALLY loves threads where he can casually mention the way that he brutally buries fools with his omnipotent o soto gari, laying waste and leaving none alive in his wake.

Anyway, enough about that. Congrats, TS. You only get your first stripe once. It may seem insignificant to others, but it means that, at least in the short term, you've stuck with jiu-jitsu, which is a great thing.

For what it's worth, Einarr hates those threads too.

He likes threads where he can rage about the lack of masculinity in modern culture, boast about how he's slept with ALMOST 20 women (some for free!) despite a period of self-imposed celibacy, or threaten to shoot people with his crossbow (because guns aren't allowed in the Frozen Northland).

Einarr also enjoys shitting on guard pulling and especially on the super-duper gay double guard pull leg spaghetti footsie game.

Above all, he ESPECIALLY loves threads where he can casually mention the way that he brutally buries fools with his omnipotent o soto gari, laying waste and leaving none alive in his wake.

Anyway, enough about that. Congrats, TS. You only get your first stripe once. It may seem insignificant to others, but it means that, at least in the short term, you've stuck with jiu-jitsu, which is a great thing.

It really didn't bother me, I chuckled when I read his reply because I knew it was coming (reverse trolling? LOL), but I understand for someone who was in my shoes years ago, this may seem very lame.

And thanks, that is exactly my point, you only get your first stripe once. Also someone mentioned about me not being last in line anymore. Unfortunately, I think I'm the only FNG that stuck around for the past three months. So I'm still last in line, and apparently it will be that way for quite some time.

i remember getting my first stripe and i was really stoked about it too. its like the first time you really get recognized for improving

Back