Got my first stripe today.

1neeto

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know it's not much, but I'm sure most of you remember how you felt when you got that first stripe. :)

I started three months ago and been going twice to three times a week. I thought it would take me longer. I just wish I started 20 years ago.

Good shit man, keep plugging away. It's not a marathon...it's a lifetime.

Good shit man, keep plugging away. It's not a marathon...it's a lifetime.

"A first step in a very long but very rewarding journey".

Paraphrasing what my instructor said. :)

Thanks guys I'm really excited to keep on learning.

Really? How the fuck is this thread worthy? Might as well make a thread about how you managed to dress yourself this morning without any help.

Really? How the fuck is this thread worthy? Might as well make a thread about how you managed to dress yourself this morning without any help.

If he hit his first o soto in randori, you'd be showering him with praises.

If he hit his first o soto in randori, you'd be showering him with praises.

Haha, maaaaaaaybe. Still, making a thread about getting your first stripe on a white belt? Post that shit on your FaceBook, don't make a thread in F12.

I know it's not much, but I'm sure most of you remember how you felt when you got that first stripe. :)

I started three months ago and been going twice to three times a week. I thought it would take me longer. I just wish I started 20 years ago.

Honestly, I only felt relieved when I first got my stripes. After half a year, I was just afraid my instructor had forgotten I existed. Then two at once.

P.S. Come on guys. Every stripe after the first isn't worth a thread but like some others say, its the first time on a (hopefully) long journey.

Sounds like Einnar forgot where he came from. How about just congratulate the guy and move on. Not every thread needs to be about a trendy, new, impractical, low percentage, guard sweep.

oh and BTW congrats 1neeto. Keep up the good work. Just got some stripe myself

Congrats! its quite the accomplishment. just ignore that twerp.

Last edited:
congrats! i've been at it for about 8 months now and still don't have a stripe lol. my instructor promotes people soooo slowly....but i'd rather be a bad ass white than a shitty blue haha

Congrat TS. It is now your responsibility to correct the technical errors of all your training partners. j/k haha but congrats

Sounds like Einnar forgot where he came from. How about just congratulate the guy and move on. Not every thread needs to be about a trendy, new, impractical, low percentage, guard sweep.

^^^This.

Congratulations!

This thread is useless without pics.

J/k. Maybe everyone that gets a stripe came just piggyback on this thread. That way everyone can still get an attaboy but we don't have to have a dozen new 'I got a stripe' threads each week.

Otherwise, take your stripe and BJJ memes over to Reddit. They'll up vote your first stripe thread.

Back