Got my Blue Belt in BJJ

Foreign Im here stationed in the u.s. army.

Nice man. How is your Korean? I find that though I speak decent Japanese, that a lot of the more technical words and small variations are missed by me. They speak English there?

Nice man. How is your Korean? I find that though I speak decent Japanese, that a lot of the more technical words and small variations are missed by me. They speak English there?

For me being in the u.s. army all koreans working on base speak great english, and most speak decently close to the base. So I dont get a chance to speak korean much. I have learned to read and write hangul, which gets me around but I doubt I will ever be fluent in korean.
Theres always someone in the bjj class to translate and the instructor knows the english words for positions etc.

Congratulations! I always love these promotion threads - it is a great accomplishment, and I like to see the forum come together in support.

You have now entered into an elite group. Lesser men will envy you, women will swoon over you, dogs will think you are a god (well dogs think that about most people - let's go with cats, yeah, cats will even think you are cooler than they are).

Keep rolling.

Peace,
Zen Mojo
zenmojobjj.blogspot.com/

Get your grips, use your shoulder for pressure and whisper something dirty to the mat as you pass...

I'm going to be testing for my blue soon. I wish rolling and getting whipped was all I had to endure. Congrats man!

Back