Got my Blue Belt in BJJ

dataws6

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I got my Blue Belt in BJJ last night! It was a great time rolling nonstop for 30 minutes against fresh opponents every 3 minutes, a technique test, and a gauntlet of belt whipping.

Nice job man! I remember when you first started posting on here about starting BJJ in Korea after some no-gi and combatives experience. I'm sure you earned the blue, they definitely don't give out belts easily in Korea!

Congrats from me as well.

I do wonder though, if anyone has ever been injured in some sort of belt-promotion hazing. Would kind of put a downer on things, I imagine.

i heard you get your blue belt once you can pass guard easily. i can do so but i mean i still suck. lol. congrats.

Congrats man!! i just got my Blue Belt Sunday night after getting first at the LA Invitational in white belt division!! This is merely the beginning.

which academy in Korea?

next time you should go to some of Asia's big BJJ tourney's in Japan or like the one in Bangkok this past weekend.

Good luck. Well done. Hope to see you next time in a grappling tourney!

Congrats from me as well.

I do wonder though, if anyone has ever been injured in some sort of belt-promotion hazing. Would kind of put a downer on things, I imagine.

Ive never seen anyone get injured... Its put out before to not hit the head and you also cover your head with your gi and only get hit on the back and ass.
We had 3 guys get their blue and they gave us a choice to get whipped or not. One guy opted out.

which academy in Korea?

next time you should go to some of Asia's big BJJ tourney's in Japan or like the one in Bangkok this past weekend.

Good luck. Well done. Hope to see you next time in a grappling tourney!

Im with Jiu Jitsu World a John Frankl school.

I would love to, but I leave asia in about 4 months. Ive only competed locally. Im hoping I get the chance to compete at blue before I leave.

Im with Jiu Jitsu World a John Frankl school.

I would love to, but I leave asia in about 4 months. Ive only competed locally. Im hoping I get the chance to compete at blue before I leave.
There was a competition this last weekend. There should be another one soon. Maybe next month (I'm thinking MotorOne). You John Frankl guys are good. Congrats.

Nice man. How is the BJJ scene in Korea? Are you Korean or foreign?

well done youre already better than most grapplers (cos most of them give up at white belt)

Back