• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gorimbo: Everyone Turned Their Back on Me, Colby Fed Me When I Was Broke

Themba Gorimbo seems like a very nice man and it's sad some have turned on him while he struggled. I hope he and his family have better fortunes as his career rises from here on out. And despite all the crap Colby gets he can show a nice side too. That was a real great thing he did for a fellow fighter. Colby bless.

colby-covington-colby.gif

Colby is just like Jesus with this loaves and fishes shit. Colby bless.

The world isn't black and white, same with people.

People can have good and bad sides.

Very moving speech but I will have to report him for smuggling those diamonds.

Better question would be and what those fans most likely mean is, why would people let themselves be so easily manipulated to buy into such an obvious act? Why be a mark for such an obvious performance? Are these people also getting mad at WWE guys or movie actors? Because it's basically the same thing.

Not the same because in WWE. They are all in on the act. There is an agreement

In MMA….No one else consented to be apart this charade.

The other fighters have expressed they don’t like and don’t want to be apart of it and he keeps going.

Colby crosses lines and hides behind a character.

Colby literally said “Dustin you’re a f—ng coward. Your wife’s a hoe and she has fake tits on her chest. And you’re a piece of shit father.”

Dustin and his wife never consented to being apart of Colby’s act

Not the same because in WWE. They are all in on the act. There is an agreement

In MMA….No one else consented to be apart this charade.

The other fighters have expressed they don’t like and don’t want to be apart of it and he keeps going.

Colby crosses lines and hides behind a character.

Colby literally said “Dustin you’re a f—ng coward. Your wife’s a hoe and she has fake tits on her chest. And you’re a piece of shit father.”

Dustin and his wife never consented to being apart of Colby’s act

I was more talking about the fans' reactions. But fair enough, fighters are also included in the discussion.

It's very understandable if they don't like his act, but getting mad at it is not very smart because that's just what he is trying to do. It's a mental battle you are losing, when getting mad at someone who is trying to provoke you. And Dustin isn't even willling to fight him either.

Jon Anik got it though. Dude brushed it aside as not a big deal at all, like water off a duck's back.

Also, with Dustin it's not just an act, because he really does dislike Dustin. So it's not exactly the same.

Colby is a sellout, good guy behind closed doors though he seemingly can be.

It's kinda sad that he felt he needed to go the douchebag route to sell fights, but that's what he did. And doing that, in the way that he has, isn't at all being a good guy - even if you want to claim that it's all an act.

Not to mention, doing that shit and then calling the cops on people is reprehensible.

What I don't get is why did so many people have so much faith in a 10-4 regional level fighter so as to want to 'turn their backs on him' when he lost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back