Gordon Ryan

Dogstarman

Old man jiu jitsu
@Silver
Reaction score
Is everyone ready to admit Gordon Ryan is one of the best grapplers in the world? Or do we move the goalposts, again?

Danaher has created another monster.

Dominated Yuri and Cyborg dq'd himself - cant be in question. Cyborg eating his own words.

Last edited:
A small portion will for sure move the goal posts.

Most of the people I know stopped doubting him after his adcc performance and he won over a couple more at my academy after no gi pans. I think he does keep winning more and more people over when he shows up and gets the gold.

I dislike most of what he does when he is not on the mats. I think the crown gimmick is corny and I don't even think he's very good at trash talking. A lot of his stuff makes me cringe even.

I can understand not being a fan of his persona or his behavior but if you enjoy jiu-jitsu I have a hard time understanding how anyone could not appreciate watching him grapple. He is one of the most complete grapplers out there. And you know he's good because even the people that hate him will usually admit they enjoy watching him compete.

well dudes obviously hes a lame man child but still that doesnt take away from his ability people seem to think that if a guy is a jerk of a human that it somehow takes away from his skill and goat status regardless of what kinda person he is in rl doesnt change 1 bit about his ability

It sucks that we wont see a felipe pena x gordon Ryan rematch in the next adcc. Would like to see how he stacks up these days.

I don't see how can somebody objectively NOT recognize he's among the top of the top. The double ADCC medals should have already cleared the discussion by now.

Like his attitude or not, the guy has incredible all round grappling, he's still also pretty young and looks like a mauling machine. Can't really imagine what he'll become in a couple more years.

It sucks that we wont see a felipe pena x gordon Ryan rematch in the next adcc. Would like to see how he stacks up these days.
I agree.

If you watch each match the critical moment happened after Gordon had released the secondary leg to finish the cross heel hook from cross ashi/saddle/4-11.

Pena used the exact same back attack off that secondary leg release. Besides those 2 (huge) moments their matches were both close affairs. I would like to see if Gordon has found a way to address Pena's counter or if he would simply not even try to finish the cross heel hook.

I agree.

If you watch each match the critical moment happened after Gordon had released the secondary leg to finish the cross heel hook from cross ashi/saddle/4-11.

Pena used the exact same back attack off that secondary leg release. Besides those 2 (huge) moments their matches were both close affairs. I would like to see if Gordon has found a way to address Pena's counter or if he would simply not even try to finish the cross heel hook.

I predict that if they ever match again, Gordon would focus more on wrestling and taking the back. Pena is beatable. I mean, he has been beaten before. But we’ll have to wait for the rematch.

I predict that if they ever match again, Gordon would focus more on wrestling and taking the back. Pena is beatable. I mean, he has been beaten before. But we’ll have to wait for the rematch.

I agree, i hope gordon wins too

It sucks that we wont see a felipe pena x gordon Ryan rematch in the next adcc. Would like to see how he STACKS up these days.

I see what you did there.

My opinion, Gordon is the truth. He is a phenomenal competitor and will be in the elite conversation for years to come.

I think he probably fixed those gaps. He probably won’t go for that heel hook with the same entry, again.

Everyone is scared to face Gordon right now so he’s definitely at the top

I still want to see him face buchecha

Dude is good for sure. He's talked about doing MMA which would be pretty awesome to see. He's supposed to have a CJJ match against Werdum at some point in 2019.

Roger should unretired to beat Gordon in no-gi. Someone should get him to imagine all the money that will go to his online website.

Back