Gordon Ryan Set to Headline 2024 ADCC World Championship in Las Vegas

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-11_16-39-11.png

One of the world’s top grappling events is on the calendar for next year, and fittingly, the world’s top grappler will be the main attraction.

The 2024 Abu Dhabi Combat Club World Championships have a fixed date and venue as trials have started for the Europe, Middle East, Africa and East Coast regions. The event will go down at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Aug. 17-18 and will premier exclusively for fans on FloGrappling.com with a subscription. Tickets for the mega grappling show will go on sale on Black Friday, Nov. 24. The promotion also plans to host the ADCC youth in the same week.

The biggest star in the sport, Gordon Ryan, will defend his Super Fight title in the main event of the night against reigning ADCC absolute champion Yuri Simoes. Ryan dethroned four-time ADCC Super Fight champ Andre Galvao in 2022 along with winning the 99kg division. Ryan now has two unique proposals for ADCC to further cement his legacy, which already includes five gold medals and one silver. Speaking to Luke Thomas on the Morning Kombat podcast, the 28-year-old stated that either wants to compete in two Super Fights at ADCC 2024 or compete in both the +99 kg and under 99kg division along with the Super Fight against Simoes.

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/G...4-ADCC-World-Championship-in-Las-Vegas-191354

Simones is one of the least interesting opponents possible for Gordon. He's SO BORING. he's just going to try not to engage and do anti jiu jitsu

Abu Schaubi style

Simones is one of the least interesting opponents possible for Gordon. He's SO BORING. he's just going to try not to engage and do anti jiu jitsu

Abu Schaubi style

Is his style based more on scoring points? Please excuse the ignorance!

The only match that is entertaining is Nicky rod, only because he gave him some good resistance in their last match. I still can’t believe how easily Gordon beat him last adcc though

Simoes lost too 88kg Gordon years ago at EBI and he has not gotten better.

i like simoes, but this is likely true.

but to be fair, who would you give a good chance to? ryan seems untouchable right now.

Nicky rod, who has about 10%, but he’s at least going to make it more exiting..

I mean there's always Nicholas Meregalli but they're training partners.

Nicky rod, who has about 10%, but he’s at least going to make it more exiting..
i don't know. he had one match where he looked like he belonged, but gordon accused him of being greased up, and a few months earlier he submitted him with ease.

i'm guessing nick gets owned the next time they meet.

i like simoes, but this is likely true.

but to be fair, who would you give a good chance to? ryan seems untouchable right now.
I actually think someone smaller would be interesting if they could avoid getting passed and smashed . Ruotolo Bros or Mica Galvao could be interesting or even Couch or Fowler . If Craig Jones got sauced the fuck up he could beat Gordon I feel..

I wonder if GR would have the same success if he weighed 155-170?

I actually think someone smaller would be interesting if they could avoid getting passed and smashed . Ruotolo Bros or Mica Galvao could be interesting or even Couch or Fowler . If Craig Jones got sauced the fuck up he could beat Gordon I feel..

Dude, Craig uses just as much as Gordon does probably

Dude, Craig uses just as much as Gordon does probably
Craig claims he is juicing.
Really doubt is that he is taking Gordon amounts as he would be jacked from just rolling a lot on crazy amounts of shit.

Craig also uses a lot more banned substances than just juice lol

Back