Social GOP Rep. Steve King: Says humanity wouldn't exist if it weren't for rape and incest.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
The context of the statement is Abortion and giving exemptions for rape and incest .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-rep-steve-king-not-173023969.html

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said at the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages taken place and whatever happened to culture after society I know I can't certify that I'm not a part of a product of that."

The Republican was discussing his defense of not allowing exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress. Republican leadership had prevented bills he sponsored on banning abortions from advancing through the House, despite GOP support for the measures, King said.

-

So a male who wants to pass on his genes can be confident of succeeding via rape if people like Steven King have their way. King fails to consider the emotional wellbeing of the woman who was raped.

FYI : I am Pro life but I agree with exceptions for rape, incest and when life of the mother is at stake.

What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that? Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages taken place and whatever happened to culture after society I know I can't certify that I'm not a part of a product of that."

We can’t verify he’s not a result of that either, so I guess he got that part right.

Doesnt the rest of the animal kingdom kind of get down that way? I've a funny feeling ancient mans morals were a little different than ours.

Shouldn't he doubt the genetic history of humankind as it is? He's a religious wackjob, after all.

Or is he simply coming at us from a "Well, Noah had to fuck his daughters forcefully, Yahweh wanted it after fucking up and making an evil species." angle????

Yeah that sounds about right for the GOP.

I’ll patiently watch this thread for all the conservatives to call this guy a lunatic.

I don't understand the rationale for being pro-life and assumedly believing a fetus is a 'life' but allowing exemption for rape but not other emotional based distress due to pregnancy.

tenor.gif

What a fucking ingrate.

Doesnt the rest of the animal kingdom kind of get down that way? I've a funny feeling ancient mans morals were a little different than ours.
If you take that line of thought to it's logical conclusion, then my boss shouldn't get so uptight when I butt-scoot on the office carpet.

I don't understand the rationale for being pro-life and assumedly believing a fetus is a 'life' but allowing exemption for rape but not other emotional based distress due to pregnancy.

The rationale is that you see fit to take your moral, ethical and biological understanding of your world from BCE barbarian peasants who couldn't separate their shit from their food.

Mexicans are rapists

We wouldn't have people if not for rape

Roy Moore 2020

Totally normal. I want affordable college, healthcare and less killing weapons on the streets so I’m a fringe leftist

<SelenaWow>

That’s pretty retarded.

It's demonstrative of a larger problem as well. Cops in America will now need training to avoid tupperware containers full of salad and casserole plates. Just wait until they need funding for Ruffles-resistant vests. The horror.

Agreed, but only because pro life doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Can we censure this guy again?

How many censures till they get impeached? What the fuck?

He might be right, actually. At least, it might not exist as we know it. The thing is though, humanity wouldn't have existed in the same sense without 30 year life spans, spearing wild animals to death, and crapping in the bushes. We don't really do these things (much) any more either. I think it's time for rape and incest to join those other things in history...

bad example, there are plenty of people that would wish this guy would have been aborted.

Back