Economy GOP back to Inflation worries. "Hyperinflation" (Update: 2022 Inflation Highest in 40 Years)

I don't believe that index is an accurate indicator. Everything seems more expensive now except food; rental cars here are up 400%, new cars and expensive naive because of a "chip shortage", gas, I was looking at airline tickets for December and they are twice as much as I have ever seen them before.

stop complaining. you have to give your fair share as white male. it's only fair. you will give up some luxuries in order to make up when your ancestors owned plantations and enslaved africans.
giphy.gif

Move out of California.
Inflation doesnt care what state your in, it effects the worth of the dollar which effects everyone so your comment doesnt have much merit. If I moved my house would be worth 1/3 in another city/state.

This is largely due to the impact of COVID. I’m sure you’ll try to blame it on things that haven’t happened yet though

Inflation doesnt care what state your in, it effects the worth of the dollar which effects everyone so your comment doesnt have much merit. If I moved my house would be worth 1/3 in another city/state.
Economical standards of living and pricing does change state to state, though.

Economical standards of living and pricing does change state to state, though.
Bottom line if the dollar is worth less, its worth less everywhere. That may effect different areas more than others though, you are correct.

My job delayed giving us merit increases this year until half the year. They even sent out a survey asking next year if we prefer no raise and lower health care or a raise and higher health care. Ummmm.....how about neither?

There's this insane growth demand businesses have to meet now thanks to the stock market. You can have an incredibly successful company that makes millions or even billions of dollars a year but unless they grow 20%, they are a failure and have to cut costs to meet that expectation.

We are in end-stage capitalism. Wall street has killed the working and middle class. Unless you are a CEO, working on Wall Street or playing the game, your wages are stagnant and you are constantly in danger of being let go or outsourced all in the name of obscene profits.

Last edited:
I suggest everyone goes out in 2024 and vote for a Republican who will pass a major tax break for americas richest Americans.

This is clearly the only way to fix the problem. That and cutting the social safety net. /s

Also, there appear to be many posters in this thread who do not understand the difference between price increases caused by inflation and price increases caused by increased consumer demand.

I recently traveled across the country and it took HOURS, two nights in a row, to find a motel with a vacancy. And the lower-tier motel we eventually found (about an hour away from our intended destination) was close to $200.

The hit I took to my pocketbook was a result of massive increased demand relative to supply. Capitalism 101.

Last edited:
It's a benefit of being hard to replace jn my position, I can make sure pay rises also take inflation into account

Our endgame is essentially final fantasy 7 at this point

Back