Good Workout Tracking App Recommendation Needed

HomeCheese

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Hey gents, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent free or cheap workout tracking app. Im looking for something that tracks my miles, speed, elevation change, time and such. I have been pleased with the free version of a popular app but with the new update they have taken away numerous features. They want $5.00 a month which seems ridicules.

I would use this for booking, running and hiking. What say you sherbros?

Nike app sucks. Besides the GPS never being on mark and MPH timer was off 30+ seconds (comparing it to Samsung default one) . It had a lot of cool features but being off that far was a killer. The last straw was when they disabled the Always On option. Running at night, could glance at arm for distance or time, they disabled it so you had to unlock your screen mid stride.

I use map my run. Free and bare bones. Just phone gps basically. Tracks all that shit.

So your map has the ability to do this? Is it and iPhone? I like the extra features like average MPH, elevation and breaking it down into segment times.

Nike app sucks. Besides the GPS never being on mark and MPH timer was off 30+ seconds (comparing it to Samsung default one) . It had a lot of cool features but being off that far was a killer. The last straw was when they disabled the Always On option. Running at night, could glance at arm for distance or time, they disabled it so you had to unlock your screen mid stride.

Yeah I like having the analysis of what I did and I find it is really good for motivation. I want my times to improve so it a good way to give me something to shoot for.

Yeah I like having the analysis of what I did and I find it is really good for motivation. I want my times to improve so it a good way to give me something to shoot for.
The app was built by a running corporate giant but they had simple minded issues. It tracked stride, elevation, speeds, the color changing banner was awesome. Every mile stone the background changed colors, I was about 5 in before deleting it. Kept up with any friends who also used it.

Not being able to keep the screen active while running was aggravating but dealt with it. When the mileage started drifting off and was adding over a minute to my runs, it had to go.

Strava? All you need is a phone.

i have a Coros fitness watch, which would suit TS' needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back