good time for farang to go bang phli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was very suprised. I trained at Fairtex Pattaya in 2007 and it was 800 baht for two sessions a day. I went back this year and the price was nearly doubled. I wasn't happy at all. The trainers were lazy and didn't want to interact on pads. Just the basic punch punch kick. I guess they were burned out from dealing with farang tourists year around. I doubt I will ever go back there again.

they're probably bored of training noobs day in day out. Find a better indie camp pay the traine rdirectly, rather than paying a brand like fairtex who will pay the trainers as little as possible.

it's not about getting what you pay for, it's about getting what you work for.
many farang want to put in 50% in the camp and expect there trainer to give 100%, will not happen.
you get back what you give or the teacher will not waste his time, you must show your interested.
just turning up is not enough.

it's not about getting what you pay for, it's about getting what you work for.
many farang want to put in 50% in the camp and expect there trainer to give 100%, will not happen.
you get back what you give or the teacher will not waste his time, you must show your interested.
just turning up is not enough.

so the farang travel half way around the world, quit their jobs, take time off with no job or security to learn muay thai in a foreign land with little friends and no family, and they "only" give 50%... Something isn't quite right here, these farang train because they want to, not because they have to. I would say they just as motivated and work just as hard, if not more than thais.

Last edited:
Question here - I'm a grappler who recently took up striking. My striking is like shit, absolutely garbage. I hope to go for a training camp in Thailand in the future. Would it be better to go now when I barely know anything about striking, when I'm somewhat familiar, or when I'm very proficient in Muay Thai?

I thought that if I go when I am of a higher level I would be able to pick it up fast, but then again I might get my training off to a better start if I go when I am a beginner. Please educate me.

Thank you.

Question here - I'm a grappler who recently took up striking. My striking is like shit, absolutely garbage. I hope to go for a training camp in Thailand in the future. Would it be better to go now when I barely know anything about striking, when I'm somewhat familiar, or when I'm very proficient in Muay Thai?

I thought that if I go when I am of a higher level I would be able to pick it up fast, but then again I might get my training off to a better start if I go when I am a beginner. Please educate me.

Thank you.

I think you would be better off working on basics and basic muay thai conditioning before going to Thailand. There's no sense in traveling across the world if your conditioning or motor coordination for new techniques are going to be limiting factors.

so the farang travel half way around the world, quit their jobs, take time off with no job or security to learn muay thai in a foreign land with little friends and no family, and they "only" give 50%... Something isn't quite right here, these farang train because they want to, not because they have to. I would say they just as motivated and work just as hard, if not more than thais.
Made sense until this.

Most of the Thai's that are at camps have to be there. They fight for survival earning what little they can to get by. I doubt someone who has grown up without that looming over their heads will, on average, work as hard as someone who has IMO.

I think you would be better off working on basics and basic muay thai conditioning before going to Thailand. There's no sense in traveling across the world if your conditioning or motor coordination for new techniques are going to be limiting factors.

Makes sense, thank you.

i dont think my post was understood.
work hard and your trainer will teach you well.
if your lazy he will not.
i did not say farang are lazy.
i say that same complain they are not getting enough attention in camp,its usually because he is seen as being disinterested in the first week.
i should have spelled this out for the dummies who could not understand my first post.

i dont think my post was understood.
work hard and your trainer will teach you well.
if your lazy he will not.
i did not say farang are lazy.
i say that same complain they are not getting enough attention in camp,its usually because he is seen as being disinterested in the first week.
i should have spelled this out for the dummies who could not understand my first post.

Your post was clear as day.

thankyou brooklyn.
thats because you are switched on.

to make it more clear to others, i meant those that train, then complain its hot,and bitch there tired.
they turn around to take a break, rounds not over yet, they keep doing this.
then they start skipping the morning runs, then the morning sessions.
then they start coming back drunk in the morning and messing up the afternoon sessions.
sometimes they skip whole days, the teacher gets up to teach a student who is not there, when he is his hearts not,
give this student 100% for what.
these are the students that also complain about there traing being no good and talk bad about a camp, and think they are so great they dont need to train hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back