Good jump rope

Kickzilla

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Curious if there's any specific rope that others might recommend

I personally recommend a nike jump rope . I know it only has 3 stars on amazon but they don't know what they are doing if they actually took time to READ they wouldn't have rated it low. Anyhow, they recommend you boil some water so it straightens out, if you've ever used a boil and bite mouth piece this is easy.

The rope is robust and the handles are super nice compared to any other rope, the action is fast and it doesn't feel cheap. I've had mine for 6 years.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003Z97524?vs=1

Last edited:
The muay thai gym I go to....our Kru makes our ropes. Heavy clear tubing with wrapped handles. Heavy as hell....but damn its a workout.

This Everlast one is actually pretty good. It's tough leather so it can handle some abuse and be just fine. Just make sure you get the one with the right length for you.

ALso, it comes out of the package coiled, so just soak it (the leather rope part) in water or just get it wet and hang it in the exact middle from a rail, knob or coathanger or something overnight so it dries straight.

41nWMqFEZIL._SY300_.jpg

This one is my favorite, though:

power_jump_rope_large.jpg

The balance is very nice throughout and it's a lot lighter than it would look like. I know it looks like what they use on the playgrounds in elementary school, but it feels excellent for that nice steady rhythm, and picks up and loses speed smoothly as well. An absolute joy. It's worth the 15 bucks and comes with a little book (available in red/blk or yellow/blk also)

I like rx jumpropes. I also really like my cross rope 2.0. It's really badass.

Good info about the nike rope, I didn't know that and I threw mine out because it wouldn't stop curling up.

i really like the olympic style beaded jump ropes, get really good control over them and doesn't leave bruises when you get whipped

67847004.jpg

I personally recommend a nike jump rope . I know it only has 3 stars on amazon but they don't know what they are doing if they actually took time to READ they wouldn't have rated it low. Anyhow, they recommend you boil some water so it straightens out, if you've ever used a boil and bite mouth piece this is easy.

The rope is robust and the handles are super nice compared to any other rope, the action is fast and it doesn't feel cheap. I've had mine for 6 years.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003Z97524?vs=1

I loved the rope, but hate the handles. I took the rope and put it on a pair of cheap speed rope handles.

Appreciate the input guys (and/or gals).

Bit at a loss but I have to say the two heavy thai style ropes seem somewhat intriguing.

The Nike rope looks interesting but the big foamy handles don't appeal to me much.

The boxing rope that was mentioned is more along the lines of a rope I used to use and ended up misplacing and while I've preferred light speedy ropes in the past I think I want to try one of the two thai style ropes mentioned.

Sounds as though the Rogue Fitness one is much heavier.

Though I'm certainly open to other options. The bead style rope looks a tad too grade school-ish for my liking =s

Ultimately performance trumps appearance of course so maybe I'm being idiotic.

Appreciate the input guys (and/or gals).

The boxing rope that was mentioned is more along the lines of a rope I used to use and ended up misplacing and while I've preferred light speedy ropes in the past I think I want to try one of the two thai style ropes mentioned.

Sounds as though the Rogue Fitness one is much heavier.

Ultimately performance trumps appearance of course so maybe I'm being idiotic.

The Lifeline Heavy and Rogue are about the same weight. The Lifeline is .75lbs or 12 oz while the Rogue is 13.6 oz.

The Lifeline Extra Heavy would be the most beastly at 1.25lbs or 20oz.

Avoid anything with big bulky grips and anything weighed.

I would avoid anything that golden boy says since he's a PROVEN liar......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back