Good interview with Jeff Mayweather on UFC/Boxing

Thanks for posting Jeff makes good points I talked about it in another thread, I agree with some of what he said.

mma boxing > real boxing In the real world boxing doesn't work as well cuz no TDD.

who cares about Jeff Mayweather? who is he anyway to speak on anything?

mma boxing > real boxing In the real world boxing doesn't work as well cuz no TDD.

Who cares. If your fighting in the real world your a dick.

Good interview from Mayweather, he knows what he's talking about.

who cares about Jeff Mayweather? who is he anyway to speak on anything?

James-Franco-Drinking-Water-laughing-to-shock.gif

highlights? I can't listen to it right now.

Says that Pacman got "exposed" because he has no defence and that his "defence is his offence". Feels that the Pacman-Floyd fight won't happen now, but still feels that the Manny-Marquez fight was good for boxing.

Says JDS is best boxer in mma. Feels that Anderson, BJ, King Mo are very good boxers. Says that GSP doesn't have good boxing from what he's seen. Interviewer states that GSP has a fast jab and then Mayweather chuckles and says that there are more assets to boxing than just a jab.

Says that Klitchko would defeat JDS.

Feels that MMA fighters are just now getting into learning boxing and that they are still far behind professional boxers, obviously.

Says that Pacman got "exposed" because he has no defence and that his "defence is his offence". Feels that the Pacman-Floyd fight won't happen now, but still feels that the Manny-Marquez fight was good for boxing.

Says JDS is best boxer in mma. Feels that Anderson, BJ, King Mo are very good boxers. Says that GSP doesn't have good boxing from what he's seen. Interviewer states that GSP has a fast jab and then Mayweather chuckles and says that there are more assets to boxing than just a jab.

Feels that MMA fighters are just now getting into learning boxing and that they are still far behind professional boxers, obviously.

Everything he said was 100% correct. Nothing controversial.

lol, how is he qualified to comment on gsp's boxing? because his name is mayweather? that has nothing to do with mma boxing. gsp could likely turn pro and be pretty good as a boxer if he wanted to.

lol, how is he qualified to comment on gsp's boxing? because his name is mayweather? that has nothing to do with mma boxing. gsp could likely turn pro and be pretty good as a boxer if he wanted to.

GSP (along with Wand) is my favourite fighter, but I've never been overly impressed with GSP's boxing. He can still judge his technique, just as he did with the other mma fighters that he discussed. As well, he mentioned that he trains mma fighters.

I can't agree that GSP would become a successful pro boxer, especially at his age.

Dos Santos could be the best Boxer in MMA, it's between him and Anderson I think.

Boxing and MMA are two different sports. You can't use straight boxing techniques and apply them 100% in a MMA fight, just doesn't work that way. His points are valid tho but MMA boxing and boxing boxing are two different types of boxing. James Toney woulda beat Randy if boxing boxing can be applied fully in high level MMA.

Boxing and MMA are two different sports. You can't use straight boxing techniques and apply them 100% in a MMA fight, just doesn't work that way. His points are valid tho but MMA boxing and boxing boxing are two different types of boxing.

That could be said for BJJ, Wrestling and Muay Thai as well.

why ask a boxing trainer about mma fighters anyway? totally different things. if i want a breakdown of floyd, i will ask him, if i want a breakdown of mma fighters, at least get someone like freddy roach who has had success and a past with mma guys

Back