Good interview with Jeff Mayweather on UFC/Boxing

why ask a boxing trainer about mma fighters anyway? totally different things. if i want a breakdown of floyd, i will ask him, if i want a breakdown of mma fighters, at least get someone like freddy roach who has had success and a past with mma guys

Because boxing trainers train mma fighters in boxing. Jeff trains mma fighters and not Floyd. They are different but not totally different things. MMA boxers still have to get he fundamentals of boxing down in order to be good mma boxers. That's why they hire boxing trainers and not mma boxing tainers. It's not that complex of a concept. They don't get mma wrestling trainers, Or mma karate mma bjj, mma muay thai trainers.Just because these fighters mix those disciplines, It doesn't mean that they are above criticism,advice, or training from someone who only mastered one of those disciplines. They do that anyway. Come on they asked a boxer about a fighters boxing. Why is that hard for you to grasp?

Because boxing trainers train mma fighters in boxing. Jeff trains mma fighters and not Floyd. They are different but not totally different things. MMA boxers still have to get he fundamentals of boxing down in order to be good mma boxers. That's why they hire boxing trainers and not mma boxing tainers. It's not that complex of a concept. They don't get mma wrestling trainers, Or mma karate mma bjj, mma muay thai trainers.Just because these fighters mix those disciplines, It doesn't mean that they are above criticism,advice, or training from someone who only mastered one of those disciplines. They do that anyway. Come on they asked a boxer about a fighters boxing. Why is that hard for you to grasp?

you have a point. my bad. i didnt think it through

Why don't you post in the standup forum?

Or do you?

Great interview, surprising pick of the best boxer!

Why don't you post in the standup forum?

Or do you?

i never have. i actually post in here more than i should. i come here to read what the topics people are interested in and to talk about what i know. i try to avoid wasting my time on stuff that doesnt help me either learn about things relating to boxing/mma or spread news. sometimes i stray though.

Back