Good football(American soccer) movies

Wasn't there something called "Bend It Like Beckham?" I can't remember now but I think it was a popular movie from the early 2000s. No idea if it was good.

The best movie that even mentions soccer at all is Trainspotting. Of course, it's not a soccer movie but some of the references to soccer are hilarious.
I almost thought about Trainspotting but once again it’s a drug/anti-hero movie so not really a futbol movie. It’s kind of weird innit

Wasn't there something called "Bend It Like Beckham?" I can't remember now but I think it was a popular movie from the early 2000s. No idea if it was good.

The best movie that even mentions soccer at all is Trainspotting. Of course, it's not a soccer movie but some of the references to soccer are hilarious.
I think bend it like Beckham was good, but it was a feminist/lesbian movie that used soccer to help deal with the main conflict of the story which was the female lead coming out as gay to her Indian parents, if I remember it correctly

The firm? That’s a lawyer movie

It was a TV movie made back in the 80's and it stars a very young Gary Oldman who is excellent in it. Not really a football movie but worth watching, it is on youtube

It was a TV movie made back in the 80's and it stars a very young Gary Oldman who is excellent in it. Not really a football movie but worth watching, it is on youtube

Oh so I was thinking of the wrong firm, ok ok, yeah I’ll check it out

Eurotrip has some references to football, even has an ex player.....( Heh heh heh )

The same ex player ( Vinnie Jones ) is also the star in a UK version of the American film - Mean Machine which is based on football/ soccer.

“Victory” is a good one. Stars Stallone, Pelé, and Michael Caine as German POWs during WW2 who play a soccer game against the German guards and an escape attempt.

Damn , how did that not come out earlier . Good shout.

BTW you might find it called " Escape to Victory".

There are some good films about hooliganism. I.D. is the best.

“Victory” is a good one. Stars Stallone, Pelé, and Michael Caine as German POWs during WW2 who play a soccer game against the German guards and an escape attempt.
Came to say this.

This is the only "American" soccer film mentioned so far, and it was only partially (also UK & Italy).

Except for Ladybugs :/

OP:
The only thing I see is "Once in a Lifetime", but I've never seen it, so I can't comment on if it is "good". Plus, it's a documentary.

The Miracle Match

I think I tried watching it but was too dumb.

Wow you guys know about ladybugs?

I knew one of the girls that acted in that movie, and I thought the only reason anyone in my high school was aware of the movie was because of her.

American cricket movies literally don't exist. There are some UK cricket-themed movies, but most are from India/ Bollywood.

There are some awesome cricket documentaries though, like Fire in Babylon, and Bodyline.

American cricket movies literally don't exist. There are some UK cricket-themed movies, but most are from India/ Bollywood.

There are some awesome cricket documentaries though, like Fire in Babylon, and Bodyline.
Well yeah I figured no American Crockett movies exist but I figured there’d be a decent limey one out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back